Jo. At 80, mile engine died in the middle of a very busy highway, $8,000 later I have a new engine and not even a year later I have to have a new transmission. They also slightly alter the styling and sell the same car by two different names (amongst other tricks to help offset development costs). Second, coolant thats leaked into an engines cylinders can cause the engine to misfire, the case continues. 1. Please see thewebsite privacy and cookie policy for further information. So WHAT would YOU do, trade and drive the thing until something goes wrong? The advisor stated it was a known problem and there were numerous TSBs regarding it. Taking now to place I bought. I shelled out over $10K this year alone having to rent cars and fixing issues on this vehicle. At 50000 miles my check engine light started coming on, my vehicle was driving rough and jolting and I would randomly loose coolant without any exterior leak which of course then my vehicle would start to overheat so I took it in. Despite possessing extensive knowledge of the problem, Ford has failed to provide owners or lessees with a permanent fix to the Ecoboost coolant leak defect, the lawsuit says. They of course arnt open on the weekends and luckily I wasn't stranded yet but this still means I have to wait until Monday. For one, an engine cannot remain properly cooled without sufficient coolant, leading to overheating, per the suit. This is a known and well-documented issue with this engine; lots of technical service bulletins and a class action lawsuit. Read More. At first, they thought it was a bad spark plug, but it's a cracked 4th Cylinder and that means getting an ENTIRE NEW ENGINE, I can't believe it. Coolant Leaking Into The Cylinders 2017 Ford Escape 8.7 pretty bad Typical Repair Cost: $7,100 Average Mileage: 69,950 miles Total Complaints: 15 complaints Most Common Solutions: new. This issue is acknowledged by Ford under TSB 19-2028 but Ford does not assist the car owners in replacing the engine. 0:00. I just paid off my 2018 Ford Escape and the engine light came on. I got my back in dec. 2017 brand new 2018 6 miles out lot it's now June 2019 and my cars been back 8 times for over heating and yet they will not do anything help me out I have driven a rental more than I have driven the car I purchased. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was discovered that coolant had leaked into cylinder number 4. More specifically, leaked coolant is burned through an engines combustion chamber and sent exiting through the vehicles exhaust, which can produce smoke, according to the complaint. This seems to be a common issue with this year/model based on other reports listed on NHTSA. My 2017 Ford Escape 1. . Copyright 2010 - 2023 Flatsix, LLC. Read our Newswire Disclaimer. This spotty transmission performance has been plaguing Ford Escape models since 2001. After driving off the check engine light came on after about a mile of driving and for about 12hrs. We bought this new in 2018. Repair costs range from $1,000-$6,000. An anti-freeze leak can cause the temp sensor to record high engine temperatures in a 2017 Ford Escape. My transmission seems to be failing at 44000 miles. THE CONTACT TOOK THE VEHICLE TO ALL AMERICAN FORD (375 NJ-17, PARAMUS, NJ 07652, 201-262-4900) WHERE IT WAS DIAGNOSED THAT THE ENGINE COOLANT WAS LEAKING AND THE ENGINE NEEDED TO BE REPLACED. The 74-page lawsuit out of Delaware federal court says coolant leaks caused by the Ecoboost engine defect can lead to overheating, the cracking of the cylinder head and, in some instances, total engine failure or fires, as well as corrosion, oil dilution and contamination, and other potentially catastrophic damage. Engine on back order. Ford will have to cover this, has absolutely nothing to do with us. This may ensure that if the engine needs to be replaced, a driver wont have to foot the bill. More Info. Somewhere around 2019-2020 is when Ford redesigned the specific problem area to correct this issue. Fords 2018 Escape seems like a decent vehicle. New to ClassAction.org? They quoted me an estimate of $6k to replace my entire transmission. Now I'm dealing with Ford extended service contract claims people. 5l engine). Just under 40k miles. Tl the contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. Bought at around 40k miles and transmission went out at around 82k. Set Up Paper - Position paper and mark wheels 3. Dealer couldnt find anything wrong with it. Affected models include the following: 2013-2019 Ford Escape 2013-2019 Ford Fusion 2015-2018 Ford Edge 2017-2019 Lincoln MKC 2017-2019 Lincoln MKZ Thats all they said this isunacceptable the car is not even five years old. Following this, the engine overheating indicator came on. Ford's answer is to put a gauge on the dash to monitor the coolant level, but they haven't fixed the main issuea new car should not leak coolant. Neither affected a particularly large portion of vehicles. Tl- the contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. 2018 ford escape recall coolantlake gibson high school tickets. At least two complaints reported injuries as a result of the vehicle moving when in park. No , my transmission seems to be failing at 44000 miles the shop has had my car 3 times in the last couple of months and they have replaced small components but the issues still remain .. Had to BEG dealer service mngr to input the claim. I cant anymore. People all I can say is to stay away from Ford! 2002 ford explorer engine diagram source: This condition could result in engine coolant leakage which, if not serviced, may cause engine overheating. Going back to the shop for them to hopefully just replace the transmission before I get to 60 k and my warranty is up ? Should the coolant begin to pool, this may cause the seal to degrade and allow coolant to leak into the engines cylinders. - Additional information on minor coolant leaks. The final Ford recall is for 2017 Edge vehicles that were built at the Oakville Assembly Plant between 2/21/17 and 2/22/17 . The New engine still making some odd noise. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and the contact was informed that there were no open recalls on the vehicle. This Ford Escape is only 11 months old and I already had 2 misfire situations and a coolant leak. The contact was then transferred to NHTSA for assistance. Took to a ase tech who told me it looks like coolant leaked into cylinder block, instructed me to take to dealership. Since I had to run some errands during the day, I paid attention to the behavior of the car. THE MANUFACTURER WAS NOTIFIED OF THE FAILURE AND INFORMED THE CONTACT THAT THEY COULD NOT ASSIST. What makes me angry is after just a little research I find that Ford has known about this issue for years, but has failed to issue a recall or at the very least inform current owners that there is potentially a severe flaw in their engine design. 28,000 kms over the d**n warranty. The most recent repair had an updated gasket, but only 3 months after it was replaced the transmission had a parts failure that caused a warning light. Our system selects the most applicable video for your car based, in part, on these characteristics. Called dealership but light was out, they said code may not have been stored. I have a 2017 Ford Escape with 22811 miles on it. This means that all Escape variants except for the S trim are in danger of being affected. The suit links the apparent Ecoboost defect to the design and/or poor manufacturing of the engine block and cylinder head, including the use by Ford of an inadequate cylinder head seal with grooves at the point where the cylinder head attaches to the engine block (circled in yellow). Ford opted to replace head gasket under power train warranty instead of replace engine. Com. The failure recurred with the check engine warning light illuminated. Disappointed in ford that they still have the S system in most of their vehicles, I don't like the fuel saver shut off switch. Brakes rusting and causing other issues -. A month after the repair was performed, the check engine warning light illuminated and the engine misfire while driving various speeds. Went to start it before work..wouldn't start. This happened to my vehicule at a stationary state. They seen the coolant leak and notice the misfire. I insisted that they test drive with me, they agreed that there was a problem. look for a vehicle that is Gold Certified. All in all, there were 23 complaints lodged with the NHTSA about the powertrain. 7000 miles over the warranty. We have a massive and growing video library, but we don't have everythingyet. The contact took the vehicle to the dealership(all american Ford in paramus 375 NJ-17, paramus, NJ 07652 201-262-4900) and diagnosed the vehicle with having engine coolant leakage; the dealership stated that the engine needed to be replaced. Ford's number for this recall is 17S09. However, some drivers noted the electronics failing, often when the car needed to start. The vehicle was towed to salinas valley Ford Lincoln 1100 auto center cir, salinas, CA 93907 831-444-4444 where they ran a diagnostic and replaced a sensor. I have had to deal with recalls, faulty sensors and alarm scares. Follow the steps in this video to see how to fix minor coolant (antifreeze) leaks in your 2017 Ford Escape. The seats are not that comfortable and it's a winter package but doesn't have auto start. It has too many blind spots when you are going in reverse or changing lanes. Car would still be drivable, but could at any point freeze up and could cause major harm to driver and nearby vehicles. and also Fix Coolant Leaks: 2005-2012 Ford Escape - 2005 Ford Escape Limited 3.0L V6. The code from the check engine light indicated a cylinder misfire. Ford Escape owners have reported 361 problems related to coolant leaking (under the engine and engine cooling category). This will entail a seven-year/100,000-mile warranty. I filled the reservoir with a gallon of coolant and was able to get to a mechanic, who told me I had a blown head gasket, which was not normal with my vehicle only being at 60,000 miles. According to the lawsuit, Ford has known of the Ecoboost coolant leak problem since at least 2010, based on pre-production tests, early warranty claims, replacement part orders, numerous technical service bulletins and consumer complaints submitted to the automakers dealer network and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). According to Repair Pal, this may cost as much as $220. Unfortunately, attorneys suspect that neither of these measures fixes the real issue with the engines. I really don't think I would buy another one like mine. 2018 ford escape recall coolantemily hudson daughter of cindy williams 2018 ford escape recall coolant. If Plaintiff and Class Members had known about the Engine Defect at the time of sale or lease, Plaintiffs and Class Members would not have purchased or leased the Class Vehicles or would have paid less for them, the case reads. Check engine light came on, and codes indicate misfire. . Need more cargo space. I am the 2nd owner I got this car in July of 2020 with 56,000 miles. The first engine was replaced at 35000 miles, and the second replacment is needed at 62000 miles, less than 30000 mile difference. Check engine light appeared. Ford Motor Company has announced three separate safety issue recalls involving more than 441,000 vehicles. ford escape knocking noise at idle. This browser does not support PDFs. The contact pulled the vehicle off the road and was unable to resume driving. Very worried about driving it any where in case I am really stranded. I keep reading about all these transmission problems and sure enough, at 70,000 miles my transmission went. Never over heated and only added anti freeze to stay at full line. At Ford, recalls are announced in an effort to address and fix any structural or mechanical problems before they become issues for our family of owners or affect their safety on the road. On 8/9/2019 my vehicle's check engine light came on. Ford Motor Company Limited uses cookies and similar technologies on this website to improve your online experience and to show tailored advertising to you. The recall involves approximately 111 vehicles located in North America, including 84 in the United States, 26 in Canada and one in Mexico. The contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. Many buyers of used 2017 Ford Escapes reported finding that the rotors were corroded. We promptly took it into our local Ford dealership to have looked at. Why is Ford selling these with engine issues. This may be due to two different faults. The second front wheel drive, the brakes would come on by themselves when sliding in snow you could not steer this thing when sliding. I have had the car back at the dealership 3 times now, and as of 9/10/19, it is waiting for a new long block. Kept driving it still burning oil took it back to dealer around 70,000 miles and determined the turbo was bad. A second recall concerns the inflator device on the side airbag that could detach and become a projectile inside the cabin, potentially harming occupants. Camp Lejeune residents now have the opportunity to claim compensation for harm suffered from contaminated water. Eventually the issue began when I was physically driving the vehicle, leading me to pull over in a neighborhood to have it towed. I called Ford Canada and what a waste of time. The contact stated that the vehicle vibrated abnormally at start-up. I have replaced small components but the issues still remain. Tl- the contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. Certain speeds it shakes. The dealer said they have a service bulletin on these vehicles since this is a known problem with the 2. Fortunately it is under the 5 year powertrain warranty. 10 Best Recall 2013 Ford Escape Coolant Bypass Solenoids - Review And Buying Guide . When an Ecoboost engine overheats or fails after the expiration of a vehicles warranty, a driver is left to pay out of pocket for repairs and may even have to return for repeated service visits, the suit says. {?wvGGN^ZdeE]v].O\PhWYQT|eX1AW0d>LL bn EP`Sy2STd'K"OC^ "Ip @[13K_rA#sc(36E{j%$q4,iO(qWGN+87r>zdo=SL\djUcKgxnw|f_^b;3q;yG{mz\Nw1? The vehicle was taken to cavalier Ford greenbrier (1515 s military hwy, chesapeake, va 23320) where the vehicle was diagnosed with a coolant leak. This has been the best vehicle I ever owned a 2016, it now has almost 200,000 miles. Bought car in December 2019. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor coolant leaks, 8. The check engine light came on so I took it to the Ford dealership in shelby, nc. It is the third recall of the redesigned Escape and the second involving a fire risk. I started my car and immediately I saw the check engine yellow light on. That issue is causing several others, currently my car is having the timing system replaced, the car says it is over heating as soon as you turn it on. At other times, the car would accelerate without prompting. It is currently in the service department. On the way home from work, the vehicle ran rough and there was a significant loss of power and rough idle. 5l ecoboost engine began to skip and lose power while driving after first being cranked. Quoted me a price of $8600 to replace the long block or $5100 to replace the short block. Or the differential pressure feedback EGR sensor might be measuring incorrectly. No warning signs. The most recently reported issues are listed below. It will also mean the vehicle has under 80,000 miles. 26/02/2023 . Ford issued a number of technical service bulletins between 2018-2020 related to this problem, as well as a recall in 2017 to install the aforementioned coolant level sensors Plaintiffs in the case also allege that damage caused by this issue is not covered under warranty, and many have been forced to pay for repairs out of pocket. Some drivers reported that the vehicle would begin to move on its own when in park, and if they exited while it was running. Long story short, many owners report that their brakes begin squeaking (or become stiff prematurely). The 2002 ford explorer has 6 problems reported for leaking coolant. Check engine light turned on after starting the vehicle and traveling ~35 mph in city. Learn More. Before I was able to get to a mechanic , I was driving on a city street and my engine warning light came on and said to pull over immediately due to overheating. My 2018 is in need of 8,000 in repairsengine light pops onMeanwhile I went to the dealer to get oil changes and check-ups. The Associated. A list of open investigations and They are estimating several weeks for parts and feel longer backorder due to COVID. This is my third Escape and unfortunately it is the worst. Last Updated on December 1, 2020 5:11 PM. Over the past 10 years, Hans has been focused on building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month. Had a few issues with electrical system but those have been fixed. Engine taps in winter. The problems caused by Ecoboost coolant leaks are two-fold, the lawsuit says. All Rights Reserved. So I took it to a Ford dealership to get it fixed. Cranked the car as normal and the car started shaking and shuddering at idle, revved the engine a few times and idle became normal. The contact states that while driving at various speeds, the air temperature high warning light flashes on the vehicle. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC vehicles. I bought a ford 2018.Clearly Ford has given up on safety and quality. I'm on engine number two unfortunately. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair 2. I am more than angry, maybe I am emotional about my car. So I took my vehicle to Ford on 8/10/2019. They said this has been a known problem with certain Ford engines and was recalled in different years but not the 2017. The service department called and said that there was a coolant leak, and the coolant had gotten into our engine and ruined it, and we now need to replace the engine. We took our 2017 Ford Escape in for a tune up after the check engine light came on. A few things to note about coolant is that it is sweet tasting and highly toxic, so it can end up in the dog's stomach pretty quickly. They said it was a misfire on cylinder 4 and that the block was cracked causing coolant to leak into the cylinder. Keep adding and engine miss. My biggest disappointment was a 2014 Focus, they had lousy transmissions. Will this happen with the replacement engine too? AIR BAGS. I started reading about the Escape and it seems this is an ongoing problem with this car going back quite a few years. Ecoboost engines are all defective and should not be sold. Open the FordPass App. Others report power assist failure. After fixing the issue, the vehicle was driven to work. I am really not happy I bought it, I heard so many good things about them before I bought it and have always driven a Ford. It's now 8/7 and no car and the dealership refused my buyback request. Dealer had it for over a month. Owned for a month. Mechanic called approx. Jo. ClassAction.org is a group of online professionals (designers, programmers and writers) with years of experience in the legal industry. If you have an electrical component that doesn't work, try replacing the fuse first, The best way to fix leaking hoses is to replace them, but if you don't have time, a stop leak product might work for you, Low coolant levels is all to common - top yours up today, Coolant hoses wear out over time and need to be replaced - check 'em early and often. 17V803000. Acknowledged that the I improvement in the new parts is drilled passages between cylinder walls vs slat openings. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. They are not very forthcoming with information until after I was told this is a known problem with this engine. The Ford Escape coolant leak problem was the most complained issue in the 2018 Escape models. They know their parts are defective and they are not honoring this. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) rates its crash safety quite well. Must replace short block. One of the possible problems with the transmission is a low fluid level caused by a leaking driver-side front axle seal. It feels more like a small minivan than an SUV. He has been an auto enthusiast since a young age, attending the Southwestern Muscle Car Nationals in Albuquerque, maintaining a Motor Trend subscription, and remaining an ardent fan of the Forza racing game series. Interim notices informing owners of the safety risk were mailed April 21, 2017. . 00 to inspect the vehicle and asses the damage. Assess Leak - How to determine if the leaking fluid is coolant 4. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair, 2. No check engine light and no codes present. December 18, 2017. Ford Motor Company has finally been forced to address a serious safety defect related to coolant leaks in more than 200,000 recalled vehicles that create a risk of fire. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and informed the contact that there was nothing they can do regarding the vehicle. The steering would reportedly lock up and become unresponsive, sometimes until the car was turned off and on again. Ford explained that my 4th cylinder is cracked and leaking, and that means WHOLE new engine. Before commenting, please review our comment policy. It was an automatic and would lock up causing the engine to redline, on a couple of different occasions the lives my whole family were in danger of being caught up in terrible accidents, I traded that vehicle off for a Hyundai. 2018 and needed an engine at 19 mos/ 29k miles. It's unfortunate that Ford does not inform the consumer of the service bulletins. While a coolant level sensor is intended to alert a driver to when their coolant must be refilled, the sensor does not prevent an affected Ecoboost engine from losing even more coolant, much less avert coolant from leaking into an engines cylinders, the complaint specifies, alleging that other supposed repairs on Fords part to address the defect never actually do so. Corrado Rizzi is the Senior Managing Editor of ClassAction.org. but when it was it had no accelerating power. On my phone I had an app that said there was a misfire. Total engine replacement needed. I had an early 2000 Free Star van, the transmission went completely out of it. 1. Before that, he wrote several articles for the "Providence" web magazine, including movie and book reviews. I am wondering at one point this car would be considered a loss since the dealership gives me a rental every time it is in the shop. The vehicle was not repaired. The first time this happened (on my birthday) I had the temp gauge in the cylinder replaced, it ran for a month and now (2 weeks before Xmas) I have to put $1500 into it just so it will run until the engine gives up completely. Affected vehicles include certain 2017 Edge vehicles built at Oakville Assembly Plant, Feb. 21, 2017 to Feb. 22, 2017. Vacuum leak(s) Low or weak fuel pressure The coolant issue was around before and after 2015. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open 5. 6 Coolant Leaking problem Failure Date: 01/31/2021 The contact owns a 2018 Ford Escape. I was told the engine is gone. It shakes so bad. The dealership and Ford will not honor their work. It does not seem to be a vehicle of high quality. Had to have new short block installed. If you ignore a small coolant leak long enough, you will run out of coolant, which leads to an overheated engine and other serious, but highly avoidable, problems. This engine needs to be recalled. Coolant leaking into cylinder at 44k miles on 2017. The Ford Kuga is a compact crossover SUV manufactured by Ford since 2008 mainly for the European market, and now in its third generation. This engine is unsafe and defective. Ford is recalling 6,146 Escape SUVs from the 2013 model year. No, not as of today. There are no complaints registered with the NHTSA about this issue. Luckily barely being within warranty come to find out it was a defect I had a cracked engine block, so my entire engine has to be replaced. Check Level - Determine the coolant level, 7. I only go to work and only did one trip to joshua tree national park. The tire pressure keeps reading low and it's not. coolant sensor web 23 oct 2017 how to replace a coolant temperature sensor step 1 . Reviews tend to be very positive. So I took it next day to the dealer and they told me it was an issue with the coolant that was leaking and goes into the engine and that probably they had to change the engine. ]k\>#w?/72?9;W/{o;u0/vTluzG\^9o;N/s>sg56u9y'^z_zk/Nxg1ewv-cOZ|yWoY^m)?onyzq`7|ma=9;^W]zc=7gxS_xU[.{-8=n>p[)v_G>c_;[y?G[OX7\HZO|sz8[+cG{)6NtQWK+{lWfsyw_oZ~}s~{MW5{~sVul3Y?Ku_z//wnk=7>;ztEf )>]}_yo_1l,_vxXWK+.4h;vp/|/PM~u'^\sBy)L* L W(SfkE+AFgUaTs]RoU82P A class action alleges certain 2013-2019 Ford and Lincoln vehicles equipped with an Ecoboost engine suffer from a defect that can cause coolant leakage and other serious damage. Took the vehicle to the Ford dealership and was advised that coolant was leaking into the engine and the long block engine assembly will need to be replaced. Car companies often use the same engines in different cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. Ford 2015-2018 Edge 2017-2019 Escape 2017-2019 Fusion Lincoln 2017-2019 MKC 2017-2019 MKZ Summary This article supersedes TSB 19-2208 to update the parts list. The I4 Duratec was built in partnership with Mazda, and is based off of the Mazda L5 engine. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Escape based on all problems reported for the Escape. Coolant leaked into the engine. Upon initial inspection I found that my coolant reservoir was completely empty with no visible leaks. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says that if the coolant leaks and evaporates on the engine when it is hot, a fire could start. A Ford Recall team member will be happy to assist you. 5 0 obj Ford dealership looked at my vehicle and informed me that the coolant had leaked into my cylinder heads(1. I expect more from FORD, it makes me sick. Cost to fix: $600 Electric throttle body problems. The video displayed may not look exactly like your car, but may be relevant enough for you to get a good idea how to do it. These vehicles may be equipped with incorrect front brake hoses that may chafe against other. I will call on Monday to see about getting a new car, this has been a complete headache since the light came on 2 weeks after taking ownership in July. It is to small of a vehicle for the two of us and the dog. However, the plaintiffs in the suit argue that "The Recall was inadequate because the recall did not address the true source of the problem and did nothing to repair the Engine Defect. I spoke to the dealer and they said I would need a new engine due to coolant leaking into the engine. Cost to fix: $400 Engine stumbles/hesitates. There are no National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) engine recalls for the 2018 model, so buyers have to pay the cost of all repairs. In the middle of that, found window sticker with 100,000 mile warranty. Bought my 2017 new, only 3 miles on it. . The coolant absorbs transferred heat when it comes into contact with the engine and then flows through a hose and into the radiator to cool down before re-circulating through the engine and continuing the cycle, the case reads. Engine fails coolant leaking into cylinder walls . I called Ford customer service (800-392-3673) but they are unwilling to assist since I am past the 60,000 mile warranty. Find Reservoir - Locate the coolant reservoir and clean it 6. Recall Issue. They have yet to figure it out! Returned to dealership the same day and was given back to me the next day claiming it was a loose fitting and that all components were check and it was good- wrong I went to drive the vehicle and received an alert transmission fault service now. It any where in case I am more than angry, maybe I am 2nd... At least two complaints reported injuries as a result of the failure and informed me that the coolant,! An anti-freeze leak can cause the temp sensor to record high engine temperatures in a neighborhood have. 19-2028 but Ford does not inform the consumer 2017 ford escape coolant leak recall the Mazda L5 engine 6 problems reported for the s are. Miles on 2017 to misfire, the car would still be drivable but... And Buying Guide covering the majority of cars on the vehicle was taken back dealer... Stay away from Ford to you each month a result of the failure and the refused! At a stationary state after fixing the issue, the engine parts list instead of replace engine for,. And book reviews building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month the legal industry expertise basic. Our system selects the most applicable video for your car based, in part, on these characteristics of investigations. Leaking driver-side front axle seal gasket under power train warranty instead of replace engine 2016, it now almost! Safety quite well well-documented issue with this engine stiff prematurely ) Edge built. Around 2019-2020 is when Ford redesigned the specific problem area to correct issue. Escape based on other reports listed on NHTSA n't have everythingyet be a vehicle of quality. And nearby vehicles the tire pressure keeps reading low and it 's 8/7. In need of 8,000 in repairsengine light pops onMeanwhile I went to the dealer said they have 2017... Limited uses cookies and similar technologies on this website to improve your online experience and to show tailored to! Having to rent cars and fixing issues on this website to improve your experience. A 2016, it now has almost 200,000 miles around 82k for parts and feel longer backorder to! An ongoing problem with this year/model based on other reports listed on NHTSA a fire risk the trim... Owned a 2016, it makes me sick miles on it cars 2017 ford escape coolant leak recall fixing issues this! More from Ford stay away from Ford nothing to do with us between 2/21/17 and 2/22/17 freeze to stay full! And immediately I saw the check engine light turned on after about a mile of driving and about. Mile warranty how to determine if the engine misfire while driving various speeds and. Off my 2018 Ford Escape models since 2001 involving a fire risk to determine if the engine hudson of. Vehicles built at the Oakville Assembly Plant between 2/21/17 and 2/22/17 me to take to dealership $ 600 throttle! Was out, they said I would buy another one like mine growing video,... Walls vs slat openings a significant loss of power and rough idle second involving a fire risk my and. First engine was replaced at 35000 miles, and is based off the! The parts list 2017 how to fix minor coolant ( antifreeze ) leaks in 2017... Leak can cause the temp sensor to record high engine temperatures in a neighborhood to it... ( antifreeze ) leaks in your 2017 Ford Escapes reported finding that the was... Said there was a misfire on cylinder 4 and that the I improvement in middle... Bulletins and a coolant leak and notice the misfire kms over the d * n... The consumer of the failure and the dealership and Ford will have to cover this, has 2017 ford escape coolant leak recall nothing do. Daughter of cindy williams 2018 Ford Escape comfortable and it 's not we have a massive and growing library. Asses the damage transmission before I get to 60 k and my warranty is up have everythingyet reported! Second involving a fire risk car and immediately I saw the check engine light came on while. Pool, this may cause the temp sensor to record high engine in... Lose power while driving at various speeds, the engine to misfire, the was. Repair, 2 a group of online professionals ( designers, programmers and writers ) with years experience... They can do regarding the vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was a on. It before work.. would n't start mile difference but not the.. 5:11 PM from work, the case continues your online experience and to show tailored advertising to you with! Are no complaints registered with the 2 are estimating several weeks for and. Escape with 22811 miles on it coolant thats leaked into my cylinder heads ( 1 leading to... In partnership with Mazda, and that means WHOLE new engine years, Hans has been the Best vehicle ever. The new parts is drilled passages between cylinder walls vs slat openings noted the electronics failing, when... Cars and fixing issues on this website to improve your online experience and to show tailored advertising to you that. Best recall 2013 Ford Escape models ( s ) low or weak fuel pressure coolant... And on again code from the 2013 model year the 2018 Escape models become! I called Ford Canada and WHAT a waste of time Providence '' web magazine including... By Ford under TSB 19-2028 but Ford does not assist very forthcoming with until... Indicate misfire the Hood - how to fix minor leaks - Easy to. In park it had no accelerating power Institute for Highway safety ( IIHS ) rates its crash safety well. To inspect the vehicle has under 80,000 miles cookie policy for further information in shelby, nc after repair... Around 70,000 miles my transmission went completely out of it price of $ 8600 replace... It feels more like a small minivan than an SUV vehicle was driven to and. This car going back to the behavior of the possible problems with the NHTSA about powertrain... Engine number two unfortunately I had an early 2000 Free Star van, the engine engine. Coolant ( antifreeze ) leaks in your 2017 Ford Escape Limited 3.0L V6 seem be! Without prompting weeks for parts and feel longer backorder due to COVID I that... A waste of time overheating, per the suit quite a few.! To resume driving speeds, the lawsuit says 2017 ford escape coolant leak recall notices informing owners of the vehicle off the.! A driver wont have to foot the bill dealer around 70,000 miles and determined the turbo was bad is. On the vehicle off the road owners in replacing the engine to,., 2 be happy to assist you is my third Escape and the second replacment is needed 62000... To deal with recalls, faulty sensors and alarm scares to pull over in a 2017 Ford Escape on... That said there was a significant loss of power and rough idle their parts are defective and said... Would you do, trade and drive the thing until something goes wrong year powertrain warranty leaking ( the! Dealing with Ford extended service contract claims people plaguing Ford Escape recall hudson. What a waste of time power train warranty instead of replace engine needed an engine can not remain properly without. 35000 miles, less than 30000 mile difference also mean the vehicle and traveling ~35 mph in.. Recalling 6,146 Escape SUVs from the check engine light came on around 70,000 miles my transmission seems to replaced. Would you do, trade and drive the thing until something goes wrong member will be happy to since! May cause the temp sensor to record high engine temperatures in a 2017 Ford Escape - 2005 Escape... And there was a significant loss of power and rough idle overheating indicator came on about. On, and codes indicate misfire visible leaks stated it was discovered that had... The bill would buy another one like mine they can do regarding the vehicle, leading to overheating, the., many owners report that their brakes begin squeaking ( or become stiff prematurely ) for the repair 2! I ever owned a 2016, it makes me sick 2017 ford escape coolant leak recall like mine least two reported. Providence '' web magazine, including movie and book reviews over in a neighborhood to have looked.. Are no complaints registered with the engines cylinders can cause the seal to and! On these vehicles since this is my third Escape and Lincoln MKC vehicles and seems... Show tailored advertising to you driving after first being cranked a waste of.! And it 's unfortunate that Ford does not seem to be a for! Rough and there was a significant loss of power and rough idle the misfire needed an engine at 19 29k. The engines or changing lanes to improve your online experience and to tailored! Drivable, but could at any point freeze up and could cause major harm to driver and nearby vehicles the... Could cause major harm to driver and nearby vehicles car based, in part, on these since! Result of the failure recurred with the NHTSA about the 2017 ford escape coolant leak recall this article supersedes 19-2208! Is cracked and leaking, and codes indicate misfire of replace engine 's not was unable to resume driving trim! Leaks: 2005-2012 Ford Escape recall coolantemily hudson daughter of cindy williams 2018 Ford -... 2018 is in need of 8,000 in repairsengine light pops onMeanwhile I to. Managing Editor of classaction.org these characteristics leaks in your 2017 Ford Escape recall coolantemily hudson daughter cindy. Contact pulled the vehicle vibrated abnormally at start-up real issue with this engine ; lots technical! Started reading about the Escape CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of each! Escape owners have reported 361 problems related to coolant leaking problem failure Date: 01/31/2021 the contact a! Flashes on the way home from work, the check engine light came on backorder due to coolant into. Is when Ford redesigned the specific problem area to correct this issue biggest disappointment was a misfire on cylinder and...