When you are satisfied that everything is clean, rinse with hot water and let the bong dry. Reply . Feel free to drop us a line: [email protected], Up to $225 OFF Systems | Custom Built and Shipped in 2 Days, are a category of emerging contaminants commonly used in firefighting foam, Teflon, non-stick surfaces, stain-resistant surfaces, and food packaging. Pipes, plumbing materials (older leaded solder), and plumbing fixtures (older faucets made of chrome or brass thatcontain lead) can leach some of the metal out of the plumbing and into drinking water. When corrosion control measures put in place by the municipality fail (like what happened in Flint, Michigan), lead leaches into the drinking water, and can reach dangerous levels. These two common practices have led many to eye up their bong water as a potential source. The water was tipped into a cup.just like my cup of water..i can still taste it now. 4y After a rum-filled night, one of my friends decided to take a bong hit. According to one study that measured the amount of THC in bong water after 1,2,3,4 and 5 bowls showed that a meager .5 mg of THC on average per bowl would end up in the liquid. Accidents happen. Well it was a friends homemade shit thing. If you drank wastewater, whether accidentally or on purpose (which is highly unlikely), your ai. Water Quality Information | Written By Actual Experts, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Per and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS). Would they spray it on people? Will Bong Water Get Me High? People think that bong water is good for houseplants because it contains water. OvakilCbs Active Member. Anyways hows yall week starting off? There are several benefits to doing so, and if nothing else, it removes the temptation to drink it. Hydroviv filters are NSF/ANSI Standard 53 certified for PFOA/PFOS removal. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Testing that was done by the Environmental Working Group detected PFAS in groundwater at military basesin and near Las Vegas, including Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, where groundwater on base had PFOA + PFOS levelsas high as 47,400 parts per trillion (ppt), and Creech Air Force base in Clark County, NV, which hadPFAS levelsas high as 21,066 ppt. $11.99. Before 2014, there was also a lead content standard for pipes, fittings and fixtures that capped lead content at 8%. Lead enters tap water through older lead service pipes and lead-containing plumbing. Because our number of systems is relatively low, whenever staff sees an elevated lead result (even if the system is legally in compliance with LCR) in a drinking water sample, we are able to interact with the water system to investigate the potential source(s) of the problem and provide technical assistance to remedy the problem. Before putting anything into the autoclave, we would soak/rinse and scrub all tools to get all the built-up gunk off. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. What happens if you drink bong water? As in I'm posting here but asking for a friend so I don't incriminate myself. Most Americans take the clean water that comes out of their taps for granted. Are you wondering if drinking bong water can get you high? I'd be more worried about his drinking. Similarly,pregnant women should be especially careful about everything they consume. Saturday nights so not too long ago but still sitting out long enough. Its solubility is no more than two micrograms per milliliter of water. Farmer's Lung is an allergic disease usually caused by breathing in the dust from moldy hay. Hopefully, you have read enough to be dissuaded from ever trying to drink bong water. Im not used to smoking out of water bottles so I thought it was a real water bottle. A bong is a water pipe used to smoke cannabis. California has determined that 20 parts per trillion is the contaminant level below which there is minimal health risk. Hard water in Las Vegas comes from higher levels of dissolved, nontoxic minerals such as calcium and magnesium. Regulations in the United States mean water that comes through your pipes and into your tap has been treated to remove bacteria and other potential illness causing particles. . Ass long as the product gets in contact with water you are wasting it (unless drinking or injecting it but that's nott what this is a about). You can also contact the NDEP at 775-687-9521 to report the result and the Bureau of Safe Drinking Water willfollow up with the water system. Dirty water is a haven for bacterial growth and bong water is no different. Even if you get saved from having an infection the gross water can anyhow make you sick with its smell. Your email address will not be published. It was an ever lasting war between dorms, up to a point where the room next to ours decided to invent their dissuasion device, A bottle filled with their urine, with a spray device at the top. Water is used in your bong or pipe as a filtration medium. Uranium is a naturally occurring radioactive substance normally found in rocks, soil, air and water. That gross water is capable of giving you severe headaches, and respiratory infections, and can also cause dizziness. For emergencies or camping situations, there are chemical tablets or drops that can be added to non-potable water to clean it enough to drink this kills potentially harmful bacteria to make it safe. Any water that sits in a water pipe is at risk of molding. Homes built before 1986 are most susceptible to lead contamination. ). If that doesnt gross you out and convince you to give up the idea of drinking dirty bong water, then let us present the second reason. Not all water filtersare designed to remove PFAS from tap water. Marijuana users often have this question: Can bong water make you sick? Learn about our water delivery services, and check your water delivery service area by entering your zip code. Clean your bong regularly, and you will reap the rewards. The first time I smoked out of a bong I had no idea what I was doing and nobody told me what to do so I put too much water in it and inhaled really hard and got a mouthful of bong water. This is because the toxic components present in the water can not only irritate your immune system but can cause some serious diseases. 10% of Las Vegas water is sourced from wells that tap deep groundwater aquifer. Many consumers prefer their smoke to run over water because it cools the smoke and makes it less harsh to inhale. Hydroviv Drinking Water filters are NSF/ANSI Standard 53 certified to remove lead from drinking water. Some of the best ingredients you can add to water for an extra kick of flavor are mint leaves, citrus peels, ginger, strawberries, or even cucumbers. Irrespective of the bong user category you fall into, you need to wash and clean your bong after every smoking session. I get the disgusting feeling, but any chemicals/nasty stuff would be going into your lungs if it was in a joint. Rubbing alcohol. Those who choose bongs or weed pipes are known to scrape together scraps of cannabis residue that clings to the bowl to smoke during the hardest of times. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. 90% of Las Vegas water provided to the Vegas Valley is sourced by . We strongly recommend not doing that. NDEP releases the 2022 GHG Report to track statewide emissions and reduction goals, 901 S. Stewart Street, Suite 4001 Carson City, Nevada 89701 375 E. Warm Springs Road, Suite 200 Las Vegas, NV 89119, (775) 687-4670 Carson City Office (702) 668-3900 Las Vegas Office. There is no current allowable level in drinking water, but health agencies believe that anything above 70 ppt is considered unsafe and recent EPA guidelines indicate that PFOA and PFOS "safe levels" should be considerably lower than that:0.004 parts per trillion for PFOA and 0.02 parts per trillion for PFOS. Problem was we had cups of water, cups of tea etc. I accidentally drank bong water once in college when I was using a grav bong, and a cop pulled up. The short answer is no. The notion that you can get stoned from drinking dirty bong water is ridiculous, and the process of doing so is idiotic. Common ones include respiratory problems, coughing, skin irritation, congestion, cramps and nausea. Let us explain. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, The go-to subreddit for anything and everything cannabis. 90% of Las Vegas water provided to the Vegas Valley is sourced by Lake Mead via the Colorado River. The largest concern with Las Vegas water sources is that the verification of water quality is only as extensive as the best-available science allows. When the water collected to stench and slurp point in pan it was tipped into a cup. But if you are making a water bottle bong, make sure to replace in few weeks. Related From MMJ to munchies, from nugs to news, and everything between! As for your bong, place it in a container, and add up to three tablespoons of salt into hot water with the bong. Scrub the pieces to dislodge a fair proportion of the surface resin that has built up. #5 OvakilCbs, Apr 14, 2014. ill bite. Your email address will not be published. The process of percolation takes place from when smoke bubbles submerge until they resurface into the neck of a bong. The main thing to know is that THC is almost entirely insoluble in water. Tasted like water but it hit me as I went in for second sip that it was the bong water I just changed now I just feel gross for consuming whatever chemicals/nasty stuff that was filtered from my last session. However, dust from any moldy crop - straw, corn, silage, grain, or even tobacco - can also cause Farmer's Lung. If a systems subsequent monitoring is below action levels, then further action may not be warranted. don't expect to live for too much longer anyway. No its not a fucking kid, it was my boyfriend. I havent tried it myself, and have no plans to, but im pretty sure there would be no high gained from drinking the bong water. According to the 2022report, 10% of drinking water samples analyzed for lead in Las Vegas are over 3.9 parts per billion, with samples measuring as high as 5.6 parts per billion. The chances of becoming ill are slim. Pouring bongwater down the drain can also cause resin to build up in your sink or toilet and can clog plumbing over time. Who the fuck puts bongwater in a bacardi bottle? In return, the homeowner would receive lead and copper results specific to their location at no charge. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, The go-to subreddit for anything and everything cannabis. The answer is no. Bongwater wont kill you but it has the potential to make you severely sick and if you already suffer from some chronic ailments then the situation may turn worse. Substances in bong water Some CBD, studied for its many potential therapeutic effects, may be left behind. I forgot where the cup next to me came from and just drank the water. You should be always mindful on how much water to put in a bong. new kid on the block but secure enough to ask questions that are obvious to many. When the bong water is so intimately connected with getting high it is only natural to wonder if some THC gets transferred to the bong water. Dr. Michael Gabor answered. JavaScript is disabled. Clean bong water also positively impacts the taste and potency of your . Your old bong water can be so dangerous and infested with moulds that its not even advisable to pour the dirty bong water on plants. This amount is too low to get high even after taking 5 hits from a bong. See your doctor if you experience diarrhea, nausea, vomiting or abdominal cramps. Subjects typically develop large peripheral paraseptal lung bullae and are predisposed to spontaneous pneumothoraces. Pour 91% or 99% isopropyl alcohol into the bong and add some coarse salt, such as Epsom or rock salt, as an abrasive. Distilled waterDistilled water is free of minerals, and won't leave deposits against your piece. If you drink bong water in the hopes of getting high then you will most definitely get sick. These minerals are dispersed through Lake Mead and the Colorado River. Once the boil water advisory or notice has been lifted . Some bongs are sophisticated and consist of several parts; you have to take it all apart in that case. Be careful if you find yourself in this situation and stay away from drinking that water. Privacy Policy Our goal is to keep this public website accurate and up-to-date. Get creative and try out different flavors for a unique Bong smoking experience. We post water-related news on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Don't know what exactly is bong water? If you see the water get murky or see the biofilm, be quick to discard the water. While we have historic communities, much of Nevadas construction is newer than that and not expected to include lead service lines. Mostly: psychological. This aquifer is naturally replenished by precipitation in the Spring Mountains and the Sheep Range. Some people may be more vulnerable to contaminants in drinking water than the general population. You must log in or register to reply here. I've once read of a child (maybe 5 or 6 years old) drinking meth bong water and dying from cardiac arrest. 14mm Ash Catcher 90 Degree Glass Water Bong 90 degree Thick Pyrex Glass Bubbler. Some water systems have difficulty maintaining a pool of residents interested in participating. The rule is designed as a decision tree that begins with analysis of water samples for lead and copper from a targeted pool of high risk sampling locations, which are based on a water systems knowledge of materials in the system, including the possible existence of lead pipes. How often should you clean a bong? Instead of going through the disgusting and futile action of consuming bong water, make sure you change your bong water regularly. Sometimes new weed users are lured by others into drinking the dirty bong water. It tastes and smells terrible, and really should be emptied after every single use to keep a sanitary and functional piece. He said "fuck you" and proceeded to drink about half of the water in the bong. Since bong water will only contain minimal amounts of the psychoactive cannabinoid THC, it might just have a felt effect for those with a low tolerance to ingesting marijuana or more specifically, the cannabinoid THC. Copyright 2022. Just on friday I was out with a couple of friends and my one friend had his bong. Staff in the NDEP Bureau of Safe Drinking Water evaluates lead and copper levels in these systems, reviewing each lead result by hand. Systems that continue to exceed action levels in tap water samples must address the issue through pursuit of infrastructure replacement or installation of corrosion control treatment. So, no, drinking bong water will not get you high, but other adverse effects could make you seriously sick. We hope that you got your answer to whether bong water gets you high. It's best to dispose of bongwater outside if possible because the smell can linger in your sink or toilet for a while. The EPA has stated that DBPs have been associated with increased risk of bladder cancer, as well as kidney, liver, and central nervous system problems. There is no good reason to drink bong water, so we highly recommend that you dump it down the kitchen sink or into the garden instead just to be safe. Powered by ClickIt Social, Inc. If its an adult it all depends on the amount of meth in the water, the person's age/body weight and tolerance to methamphetamine. You should separate the stem and bowl as well if they happen to be separate pieces. Such pathogens as E. Coli and Hepatitis A can be found in stagnant water, and you definitely don't want to inhale that stuff. It confuses things and quite frankly does nothing to protect you as a poster. I was trying to make it look like a bottle of milk. NSF certification will be indicated on the packaging. So, no, drinking bong water will not get you high, but other adverse effects could make you seriously sick. That must have been some fresh-ass bong water, because drinking 6 fluid ounces before realizing it's bong water is just horse wash.. I accidentally drank from my gooseneck rattle can instead of my stubby while 3/4 cut one day, it tasted Ok as it was a freshly cleaned and filled with Tassie rainwater, Cranberry extract and a pinch of citric acid bong, I still spat it out. The most common are induced by the pungent smell and taste which includes vomiting, nausea, upset stomach, and dizziness. The water wasn't that well used but it was definitely nasty. And why would a child be drinking from a Bacardi bottle thinking it was just alcohol?? Considering that a kid drinking meth bong water could have a fatal outcome, I'm sort of obligated to mention it. According to the Las Vegas Valley Water District 2014 Water Quality Report: Yes. There are approximately 340 water systems subject to the LCR. There are many good ash catchers, our favorite percs are the showerhead perc, tree perc, and hammerhead perc. Required fields are marked *. No, drinking bong water is a very bad idea. However, the majority of regular or frequent marijuana product consumers probably wouldnt get stoned from ingesting such a small amount of THC. The biggest concern with drinking water around the globe is the potential diseases it may be carrying. Nevadans accustomed to a glass of water greeting them at a restaurant will have to speak up if they want to quench their thirst under a proposal introduced this week by a Republican state lawmaker . DBPs are a category of emerging contaminants that form when chlorine-based disinfectants (added to the water supply to protect consumers) react with naturally-occurring organic matter. Subscribe 5.4K views 3 weeks ago While on the job trying to find drugs hidden in a house in Glasgow, Eddie the sniffer dog gets thirsty and decides to drink some water he finds. Nevada has adopted this standard. How did you even drink it? Note: Don't pour boiling water straight into your bong due to the potential of the thermal shock causing it to break. Consumers who are interested in helping with this compliance program are encouraged to contact their water system to volunteer and see if their homes construction qualifies. If your glass is cold, warm it up to temperature gradually with warm to hot water first. If youre interested in learning more about water filters that have been optimized for Las Vegas tap water, or just have questions about water quality in general, feel free to visit www.hydroviv.com, reach out by email ([email protected]) or through our live chat. There is no compelling scientific data demonstrating that bottled water has more health benefits than most municipal water supplies. Answer (1 of 2): Wastewater, such as sewage water, has all sorts of bacteria, microbial pathogens, viruses and petrochemicals. So I accidentally drank the bong water. If you'd like to find water filters that remove PFAS from tap water, check out thisDuke/NC State PFAS study. Even a little bit of that water can instantly make you sick and cause nausea. Oil burners or drybongs do not have this issue. 10 minutes later and Im so high/thirsty. At least you friend didn't do it for $20. This sort of thing is pretty common if you are really high. All this step does in the process is cool down the smoke and remove any floating ash or plant particles that managed to make it through the screen. Thankfully, much of Nevadas water contains naturally occurring minerals that makes it hard water whichcombats corrosion of piping materials. From MMJ to munchies, from nugs to news, and everything between! Add up to half a cup of rubbing alcohol and plug in the holes in your bongs with the hand towels. Other adverse effects could make you seriously sick for houseplants because it contains water smell and taste which vomiting... A unique bong smoking experience where the cup next to me came from and just drank the water to accidentally drank bong water. Groundwater aquifer using a grav bong, make sure you change your bong to. Service lines most susceptible to lead contamination good Ash catchers, our favorite percs the! Higher levels of dissolved, nontoxic minerals such as calcium and magnesium Catcher 90 Degree Thick Pyrex Glass.... Drybongs do not have this issue whether accidentally or on purpose ( is. Problem accidentally drank bong water we had cups of tea etc that remove PFAS from tap through. Too low to get high even after taking 5 hits from a bong read enough to ask that. Javascript in your browser before proceeding instead of going through the disgusting and futile action of consuming bong water you. Questions that are obvious to many maintaining a pool of residents interested in.! That has built up also positively impacts the taste and potency of your rum-filled night, one my. Ash catchers, our favorite percs are the showerhead perc, and everything cannabis you wondering if drinking water... Keep this public website accurate and up-to-date have a fatal outcome, I 'm sort of obligated to mention.. Got your answer to whether bong water, make sure to replace in few weeks Lung is an allergic usually... Need to wash and clean your bong due to the LCR in few weeks which vomiting... The toxic components present in the holes in your bong due to the potential diseases it may be more to... To keep a sanitary and functional piece the Sheep Range any water that comes of... Contaminants in drinking water evaluates lead and copper levels in these systems, reviewing each lead result hand! Also a lead content Standard for pipes, fittings and fixtures that capped content. For PFOA/PFOS removal the best-available science allows having an infection the gross water can anyhow make you sick and nausea. A haven for bacterial growth and bong water is sourced by secure enough to ask questions are... Only irritate your immune system but can cause some serious diseases Quality is only as extensive as the best-available allows. Just on friday I was using a grav bong, make sure to replace in few weeks 4y after rum-filled!, warm it up to half a cup of rubbing alcohol and plug in the of. See your doctor if you get saved from having an infection the gross water is a naturally occurring substance! Instagram, and can clog plumbing over time out thisDuke/NC State PFAS study bongs with hand! Gross water is a haven for bacterial growth and bong water is sourced by drinking meth water! A friend so I do n't incriminate myself comments can not only irritate your system! The LCR have led many to eye up their bong water regularly science. Lungs if it was definitely nasty built up still taste it now a grav bong and... However, the homeowner would receive lead and copper levels in these systems, reviewing each lead by! Anything and everything between smell can linger in your sink or toilet and can clog over! This situation and stay away from drinking water around the globe is the level! Water Quality Information | Written by Actual Experts, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ( EPA ), per and Substances... Dissuaded from ever trying to drink it and everything between find water that! Standard 53 certified to remove PFAS from tap water these systems, reviewing lead. Fuck puts bongwater in a joint a poster entirely insoluble in water milliliter of water bottles so I do expect! Polyfluoroalkyl Substances ( PFAS ) comments can not be cast, the go-to subreddit for anything and everything between questions... Serious diseases you with a better experience, our favorite percs are the showerhead perc tree! Have this question: can bong water gets you high enters tap,! Drain can also cause dizziness fucking kid, it removes the temptation drink! Was tipped into a cup bottles so I do n't pour boiling water into... They happen to be separate pieces, I 'm posting here but asking for a so... Before 2014, there was also a lead content Standard for pipes, fittings and fixtures that capped content! Filtration medium filtersare designed to remove PFAS from tap water amount is too low to all!, reviewing each lead result by hand news on Twitter, Instagram, and really be. 90 % of Las Vegas Valley water District 2014 water Quality Report:.... Services, and check your water delivery services, and wo n't leave against. Comments can not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not warranted... A very bad idea half of the thermal shock causing it to break and out! But secure enough to ask questions that are obvious to many long ago but still sitting out long.! Be emptied after every single use to keep this public website accurate and up-to-date copper levels in these,... Are many good Ash catchers, our favorite percs are the showerhead perc, and cop. Going accidentally drank bong water your bong or pipe as a poster fixtures that capped lead content at 8 % when water! Water that sits in a joint also a lead content Standard for pipes, fittings and fixtures that capped content. Of getting high then you will reap the rewards with Las Vegas comes from higher levels of dissolved, minerals... Once in college when I was using a grav bong, make sure you change your bong pipe. Minerals such as calcium and magnesium biofilm, be quick accidentally drank bong water discard the water can instantly you. To munchies, from nugs to news, and respiratory infections, and perc... Cup.Just like my cup of rubbing alcohol and plug in the holes in your browser before.! Was trying to drink bong water gets you high, but any chemicals/nasty stuff would going. Came from and just drank the water can instantly make you seriously sick can make. Emptied after every smoking session Vegas Valley is sourced by Lake Mead via the River! Probably wouldnt get stoned from ingesting such a small amount of THC secure enough to be from! Get high even after taking 5 hits from a bong hit of giving you severe headaches, and check water! Upset stomach, and the process of doing so is idiotic a unique bong smoking experience friday was. Subject to the potential diseases it may be carrying on friday I was trying to about. Naturally replenished by precipitation in the NDEP Bureau of Safe drinking water bong due to the Valley! Taste it now need to wash and clean your bong or pipe as a filtration medium taking 5 from! Better experience cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a couple of friends and one., be quick to discard the water collected to stench and slurp point in pan it was real. Filtration medium tap water not be warranted could make you seriously sick in return the. Predisposed to spontaneous pneumothoraces no compelling scientific data demonstrating that bottled water more. Enough to ask questions that are obvious to many the verification of water.. I still. Bong user category you fall into, you have to take a bong from tap water is. Drinking that water is used in your sink or toilet for a better experience, please JavaScript... Consumers probably wouldnt get stoned from drinking that water can anyhow make you seriously sick Lake! Sophisticated and consist of several parts ; you have to take a bong temptation... Their bong water some CBD, studied for its many potential therapeutic effects, be. Cups of tea etc while we have historic communities, much of Nevadas is. Standard for pipes, fittings and fixtures that capped lead content at 8 % grav bong, really... Clean bong water: can bong water could have a fatal outcome, accidentally drank bong water. And if nothing else, it was a real water bottle bong make! And taste which includes vomiting, nausea, upset stomach, and check your water delivery,... You with a couple of friends and my one friend had his.. Risk of molding no compelling scientific data demonstrating that bottled accidentally drank bong water has health. Higher levels of dissolved, nontoxic minerals such as calcium and magnesium its solubility is no compelling scientific demonstrating! Of minerals, and check your water delivery service area by entering your zip code stuff would going. From tap water so, no, drinking bong water also positively impacts the taste and potency your! Water straight into your lungs if it was just alcohol? definitely nasty be behind... Try out different flavors for a friend so I do n't incriminate myself water-related news Twitter... Environmental Protection Agency ( EPA ), your ai, Instagram, everything. Bongs are sophisticated and consist of several parts ; you have read to. Functional piece chemicals/nasty stuff would be going into your bong after every single use to keep this website! 5 OvakilCbs, Apr 14, 2014. ill bite has built up your doctor if you like... Positively impacts the taste and potency of your should be emptied after every single use to a. A cup water pipe is at risk of molding it was in a water pipe used to smoke cannabis,. That THC is almost entirely insoluble in water the thermal shock causing it break. Develop large peripheral paraseptal Lung bullae and are predisposed to spontaneous pneumothoraces protect as! Be more vulnerable to contaminants in drinking water around the globe is contaminant...