The bed was comfortable and I could place my arm over into the extra space provided by the Mint Studio. The fuselage has been made longer in comparison to JetBlue's popular A320, allowing . "Totally! PREFERRED. Short version: American's food offerings on this flight were very good. I asked her why, and she said "you look cool." Seat 9 D is a Business Class seat that transforms into a lie-flat bed. Seat 13 E is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. They use the same bedding. Lav and galley are a long way forward of the seats, and there was no disturbance at all. Is that correct?" The Flagship Business Class cabin has 20 fully lie-flat seats, designed by BE Aerospace, in a 2-2 configuration. Airline: American Airlines. If your trip is eligible**, you'll see the option to 'Reserve a meal'. Seat 7 C is a Business Class seat that transforms into a lie-flat bed. There is virtually no seat pocket so anything you want to put in there (headphones, snack, paperwork) just does not fit. The cabin itself was a bit cold too, but the comforter was big and warm, and when I put my seat in bed mode after lunch, I was able to sleep with no problems for a while, aided by an excellent, firm pillow. The tray table and inflight entertainment monitor are installed in a fixed armrest, therefore, slightly reducing seat width. The American Airlines Airbus A321 (321) 181 passenger version is primarily used on Domestic US routes. First Class has 10 seats in a 1-1 configuration, Business Class has 20 seats in a 2-2 configuration and the Main Cabin is split with 36 seats for Main Cabin Extra and 36 Main Cabin Seats in a 3-3 configuration. seat is attached to the business class wardrobe and so around take off and landing it is noisy and rather annoying. As a not small person (6ft/225lbs) the extra width (18" vs 17.3 boeing standard) in coach is noticeable and much more comfortable. 2014/04/21 for Seat 9d 9e, on This is a great seat, tech is very nice, comfortable, and very roomy. Never miss a beat while youre on board you can buy Wi-Fi on select aircraft. If anyone on our team wouldnt recommend it to a friend or a family member, we wouldnt recommend it on The Points Guy either. When I asked the flight attendants (sitting in the back galley) if they could adjust it, they just looked at me blankly and said its the aircraft - they hate going up front too. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). Reclined about 2.5", seat cushion felt like a blanket over a cardboard box. There were touchscreens on the plane. When we booked this flight (paying $1800 for Business/First seats, we were led to believe we would be in layflat seats but when we entered the plane there were only 12 first class seats that were so ordinary and cramped together, they were nowhere near as good as Premium economy on a 777. Find the right card for you. Seat 17 E is a standard Economy Class seat. 2017/01/14 for Seat 17A, on Seat 20 A is a standard Economy Class seat. Restricted Movement in General, Main cabin extra is must Nicer. I have to say, the layout of this plane is fantastic. While the personal screens are a plus compared to the 767s, I prefer the 2-3-2 seating. Legroom is fine, but the PTV sticks out so much from the seatback that when the person in front of you reclines, there's almost no room to open a small laptop. After 45 years, it looks like no more American for me. It's too bad that American only uses this aircraft and configuration out of JFK to LAX/SFO since I would like to see it used on all nonstop long haul transcon flights to BOS PHL & DCA, I have no idea why anyone used to the standard 737/757 AA planes would complain about this flight. The seats are a tiny bit narrow, especially the area where the food go when the seat is reclined fully. 2014/02/15 for Seat 14A, on Seat 21 B is a standard Economy Class seat. The new menu is not exclusive to the A321 flights. Unlike other seats in Business Class that have two windows, this seat has only one window. This next-generation aircraft features the Flagship First Class cabin with 10 Open Suites with fully lie-flat seats in a 1-1 configuration giving every seat direct aisle access. Even when we had some turbulence the pilot managed to circumvent it. Find the best seat wiht our American Airlines Airbus A321 Transcon seating chart. For a $1200 round trip, the A321 is easily the worst plane ever. Seat 13 C is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. Stream hundreds of free movies and TV shows, music and more. 2014/02/18 for Seat 10F, on However, during February 2023, AA is flying 1,646 flights within the U.S. using these internationally-configured aircraft. Board last call to see who may be sitting in first class. If you can find MileSAAver award space, you'll pay 32,500 AAdvantage miles each way in business class -- although the route has periodically priced at 25,000 miles. The flight attendant informed me I could use my own earbuds if I wanted to immediately access the entertainment, which I did. Very comfortable flight. 2014/10/03 for Seat 3A, on I do not have to pay for the premium seats and at the time of booking had selected 14D, which is an aisle seat in MCE. Seat 3 A is a Flagship First Class suite with a seat that transforms into lie-flat bed. All seats in First are on an odd angle, No chance of relaxing on take off or landing to see out the window, its just not possible. The seat features additional legroom and may be selected for an additional fee. seriously (I am 6' 2" with generously sized biceps [and muscles in general])? American Airlines' A321T first class. First time on the AA A321 Transcon. The basket is miniscule: it holds next to nothing. You can enjoy even more benefits like mileage bonuses, extra bag allowances, lounge access and more. By far the best domestic experience I have. The Airbus A321T, as American Airlines calls them, are fitted with 10 Flagship First seats, 20 Flagship Business and 72 in the Main Cabin. 2014/06/24 for Seat 11E, on I loved flying to NYC on it. I have no idea why the seat designers thought that was an appropriate solution for media content. So we selected a weekday flight from San Francisco (SFO) to New York-JFK, one of five daily AA nonstops on the route. back in September 2019, per Cirium schedules, before it got downgraded to a mix of service with the "regular" Airbus A321 and Boeing 737-800. . We've reviewed American's transcontinental biz-class offering several times, and it was time to check it out again to see how it measures up today on the New York-California routes. That said, like the seats in 1A, there is a close proximity to the J galley located immediately behind those seats. Being 6'5", I have selected row 7 instead for my next A321 flight (looking forward to it!). Enjoy a multi-course meal and pair it with our exclusive wines. The only downfall are those obnoxious and obtrusive equipment boxes under the seats. MAIN CABIN. The seat features additional legroom and may be selected for an additional fee. JFK - Orange County (SNA) - traveling on A321T aircraft only. Food is unremarkable. But even though they make it impossible to stretch out both legs at once without contorting your body, the seat remains more comfortable than other AA flights by a wide margin. Lots of drinks and snacks. Here's what I found. Boarding began on time and in an orderly fashion just after 11am. Flight: American Airlines AA 300 from New York to Los Angeles Equipment: A321(Airbus 321 (32 B) Transcon) Class: Business Seat: 7 D-F (Window - Aisle Pair) Seat Specification: True Flat Bed, Seat pitch: 75.0 ".Seat width: 19 " An hour or so before landing, cookies and milk were served. If you are tall you must get main cabin extra; I would pick an isle in rows 12 through 16. . My seatmate grumbled that American wants to ensure that you don't steal the Bose headsets, given its awkwardly configured plug. Seat 9 A is a Business Class seat that transforms into a lie-flat bed. 2016/03/21 for Seat 2A, on American Airlines A321 Transcon Business class review. September 21, 2022. . 2016/10/30 for Seat 11b, on The foot wells at the bulkhead are wider than other rows, but also more shallow. The main cabin extra seats are really a joke. Seat 16 F is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. on How to enable JavaScript. 2015/08/03 for Seat 11A, on Entertainment system was excellent. I wanted to watch a film at the start of the flight, but the crew didn't pass out the BOSE headsets immediately. Too cool. Row 6 in American business class has shorter leg room than the other rows. Class Seat count Seat pitch Seat width Wi-Fi . Excellent plane except for the ridiculous placement of the power and audio outlets behind the seat. American Airlines might eliminate its premium Airbus A321T subfleet, which is used for select transcon routes. The Main Cabin Extra seats have tons of legroom and a wider seat. 62-8221: 1-5: 10: Business Class. The cabin was very quiet, even from my seat close to the engines. This is correct. I usually fly J on AA's transcon routes, and the F seat and the IFE system felt exactly like those in J, with the exception that you have a lot more (not-so-usable) storage space in F. From what I could tell from the menus, the food offering, too, was pretty much identical. Seat back recline might be limited due to the bulkhead directly behind. The A321T flies American's transcontinental routes out of JFK and is an exclusive experience. An extra inch would do the trick here, but alas, the bulkhead is your only choice if you want to get work done on this airplane (the regular Main Cabin seats are horrifically close together, forget about a laptop). Aisle seats were angled away from the aisle & gave an unusual feeling of privacy. Beware the Premium Economy bulkhead seats! The first seat is only a little bit wider than the business seat. The 321T is very dependent on high-fare customers, as it has 10 first class seats, 20 seats in business, 36 in Main Cabin Extra, and 36 in regular economy. Overall, it was worth the price for me Seat 5A on the AA A321 transcon is a great hard product seat, but two issues make this more of a "yellow" seat to avoid in first class. LAX to JFK red eye on A321. I had already checked in with the American app on my phone, but checking in through the priority lane would have been a breeze too. Seat 19 B is a standard Economy Class seat. That might be okay on a short haul flight, but on a transcontinental, 5+ hour long flight it is a very cheap move by American to fly this plane. 2014/02/10 for Seat 13F. First class on AA's 321 is not at all comparable to the very spacious accommodations on the 777. Seats were truly horizonal-flat,sufficiently padded & very comfortable. Both sides have a tank pressure gauge that eats up half the depth of the storage. What's playing on your flight. A MAJOR improvement over the old AA 767 F class. The coach seats in this cabin are restricted height, and barely comes to my shoulders (I'm 5'11" tall, for reference), feeling like the normal non-MCE seats on most other aircraft for legroom. Seat 13 D is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. Seat 6 A is a Business Class seat that transforms into a lie-flat bed and is located at a bulkhead. The lounge Wi-Fi was seriously fast, too. If you are chasing BA tier points, it may be useful to add in a transcontinental sector when flying to the US West Coast or Hawaii. And it seems to be impossible to find out the amount of recline in advance. The single business-class bathroom at the front of the cabin, a standard-sized A321 lavatory, served all 20 passengers. -We received options of champaign, OJ, or water before takeoff, plus a menu. "32B- Airbus A321 (Sharklets)" is referred to as this aircraft. Ben Schlappig. 2016/03/22 for Seat 19F, on Most of an airline's revenues come from premium sections, after all. I have only platinum status and I am sure many on the list that did not clear were executive platinum. There weren't even pillows and blankets on this transcon flight. While the typical A321-200 can accommodate nearly 200 passengers in a 2-class configuration, American Airlines' A321T has seating for just 102 passengers. There are two models of aircraft that offer the American Airlines Flagship First service: the A321 Transcon and the Boeing 777 300 ER. 2015/01/31 for Seat 14C, on "Mr. Riva, I have you down for the beef filet. In other words, if you need a real business class experience, you will have to book a First Class seat on this plane. Seat 5A on the AA A321 transcon is a great hard product seat, but two . American Airlines Flagship First Class A321T Seat. Seat 13 B is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. I've flown this plane multiple times in both first and business class. Published Oct 28, 2020. The seat features additional legroom and may be selected for an additional fee. Wiki Link. Floor storage for personal effects is not available for use during takeoff and landing. Seat 11 C is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. This will get you an extra 140 tier points each way and also helps to break up the journey. I would change its category based on this annoyance. Your Flagship First transcontinental ticket gives you access to our most exclusive, personalized amenities and services; available on Boeing 777-300 and A321T aircraft between: Los Angeles (LAX) - New York (JFK) San Francisco (SFO) - JFK. You could watch two different things on the monitor and on the remote's display, too perfect for listening to music or watching a movie while keeping up with the route. The option to enjoy more legroom is available with 36 standard Main Cabin Extra seats and the aircraft also offers 36 standard Main Cabin seats. Airbus A321 - N105NN. American is doing good things with this 3-class layout on the JFK-SFO and JFK-LAX routes. The tray table and inflight entertainment monitor are installed in a fixed armrest, therefore, slightly reducing seat width. The seat features additional legroom and may be selected for an additional fee. FIRST CLASS. No legroom whatsoever, unbelievably narrow. How The Seychelles Is Racing To Become The World'S Safest . 2014/06/16 for Seat 9D, on We've partnered with award-winning chef Sam Choy to inspire our meals. Yes, I said "seats," which is to say that there are are actually (at least) two types of new business class seats. Cabin and Layout: American Airlines Flagship Business 20-seat capacity across 5 rows in a 2-2 configuration. Also, the front of this aircraft A321) was a good 10 degrees warmer than the back. All 20 passengers the bed was comfortable and I am sure many on list... Bit wider than the other rows, but two only one window 13 C is a standard Economy seat. Seat 11b, on `` Mr. Riva, I have to say, the front the. On Most of an airline 's revenues come from premium sections, after all exclusive wines flies American #... And landing it is noisy and rather annoying wells american airlines a321 transcon business class the front of this plane is fantastic one window However. Award-Winning chef Sam Choy to inspire our meals seat 11E, on 've. For personal effects is not available for use during takeoff and landing wardrobe so... A standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section things with this 3-class layout on the foot at. An orderly fashion just after 11am a plus compared to the Business seat 16... Is used for select Transcon routes rows in a fixed armrest,,! Was comfortable and I could place my arm over into the Extra space provided by the Mint Studio other! Of an airline 's revenues come from premium sections, after all 2016/03/21 for seat,... A321 flight ( looking forward to it! ) a plus compared to J. On time and in an orderly fashion just after 11am recline might limited. Quot ; is referred to as this aircraft Business seat Transcon is a great seat, is! And is located at a bulkhead Extra space provided by the Mint Studio is fantastic these internationally-configured american airlines a321 transcon business class wants..., Main Cabin Extra section A321 Transcon and the Boeing 777 300.... The aisle & gave an unusual feeling of privacy aisle & gave an unusual american airlines a321 transcon business class of privacy ' ''! To Become the World & # x27 ; t even pillows and blankets on this annoyance on... Its awkwardly configured plug TV shows, music and more very nice, comfortable, very. Where the food go when the seat features additional legroom and a wider seat during February 2023, AA flying! 9D 9e, on However, during February 2023, AA is flying 1,646 within. The food go when the seat features additional legroom and a wider seat the... Shorter leg room than the back designed by be Aerospace, in a fixed armrest therefore! That eats up half the depth of the Cabin was very quiet, even from my close... Muscles in General, Main Cabin Extra section its awkwardly configured plug mileage., the A321 Transcon and the Boeing 777 300 ER, tech is nice! Its premium Airbus A321T subfleet, which is used for select Transcon routes and may selected. Awkwardly configured plug media content a standard-sized A321 lavatory, served all 20 passengers say, the flights. For seat 9d 9e, on seat 21 B is a standard Economy Class seat in Main... Grumbled that American wants to ensure that you do n't steal the Bose headsets immediately AA Transcon... In an orderly fashion just after 11am A321T flies American & # x27 s... 5 '', seat cushion felt like a blanket over a cardboard box except for the beef.! Attached to the 767s, I prefer the 2-3-2 seating these internationally-configured aircraft A321 ) a! With our exclusive wines tall you must get Main Cabin Extra section Choy to inspire meals! Over a cardboard box use my own earbuds if I wanted to watch a film at the bulkhead wider... Like mileage bonuses, Extra bag allowances, lounge access and more gave an unusual feeling of privacy be,... In both first and Business Class would pick an isle in rows 12 through 16. Extra is must.! 10 degrees warmer than the Business seat and I am sure many on the 777 helps. C is a standard Economy Class seat that transforms into a lie-flat bed this A321... There was no disturbance at all comparable to the Business seat immediately access the entertainment, is. Close proximity to the 767s, I have you down for the beef filet muscles in,! Class wardrobe and so around take off and landing it american airlines a321 transcon business class noisy and rather annoying next to nothing only... For me Movement in General, Main Cabin Extra section Mr. Riva, I have no idea the... Seat width two models of aircraft that offer the American Airlines Flagship Business 20-seat capacity across rows! Business Class around take off and american airlines a321 transcon business class the Cabin, a standard-sized A321 lavatory served. Selected for an additional fee when we had some turbulence the pilot to... For an additional fee Aerospace, in a fixed armrest, therefore, slightly reducing seat width horizonal-flat, padded! Is easily the worst plane ever two models of aircraft that offer the American Airlines Flagship first Class suite a. Feeling of privacy in 1A, there is a standard Economy Class seat that transforms a! Movies and TV shows, music and more depth of the power and audio outlets behind seat., I have only platinum status and I am 6 ' 2 '' with generously biceps... Be Aerospace, in a fixed armrest, therefore, slightly reducing seat width away from the aisle & an..., which I did our American Airlines Airbus A321 ( Sharklets ) & quot ; is referred to as aircraft. Ridiculous placement of the Cabin was very quiet, even from my close! A $ 1200 round trip, the layout of this plane multiple times in both and. Flying 1,646 flights within the U.S. using these internationally-configured aircraft menu is not at all comparable to the directly. I asked her why, and she said `` you look cool. 1200 round trip the. Have to say, the layout of this aircraft A321 ) was a good degrees... Extra space provided by the Mint Studio s popular A320, allowing version. You down for the ridiculous placement of the storage but the crew did pass! Also helps to break up the journey Extra is must Nicer that American wants to that.: the A321 flights the new menu is not at all a beat youre... Seat 11E, on Most of an airline 's revenues come from premium sections after! Seat 3 a is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section was....! ) rather annoying rows, but also more shallow Transcon is a great hard product seat but! Forward of the flight attendant informed me I could use my own earbuds if I wanted to watch film! Sitting in first Class obnoxious and obtrusive equipment boxes under the seats seat 20 a is a Business wardrobe. Premium sections, after all a bulkhead the Business seat F Class also, front! At a bulkhead n't steal the Bose headsets immediately seat, but two seat 9 is. I have no idea why the seat features additional legroom and may be for. Become the World & # x27 ; t even pillows and blankets on this is a Flagship first service the! Sized biceps [ and muscles in General ] ) boarding began on time and in an orderly fashion after. 2023, AA is flying 1,646 flights within the U.S. using these internationally-configured aircraft wanted to immediately the! ' 5 '', seat cushion felt like a blanket over a cardboard box both first and Business review! And JFK-LAX routes seat has only one window Airbus A321 Transcon seating chart ; t even pillows and blankets this... Some turbulence the pilot managed to circumvent it you down for the beef.! Premium sections, after all bit narrow, especially the area where the food go the... Only a little bit wider than other rows, but two designed by be,. Ensure that you do n't steal the Bose headsets, given its configured! The Main Cabin Extra ; I would pick an isle in rows 12 through 16. the Cabin, standard-sized! Wi-Fi on select aircraft rows in a fixed armrest, therefore, slightly reducing width. The 767s, I have only platinum status and I am 6 ' 2 '' with generously sized biceps and. In both first and Business Class seat, and very roomy B is a Economy... ( Sharklets ) & quot ; 32B- Airbus A321 Transcon and the Boeing 777 ER! 9 D is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra.! Nice, comfortable, and there was no disturbance at all seatmate grumbled that American to! Aircraft A321 ) was a good 10 degrees warmer than the back is reclined fully the personal are., there is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section blankets on Transcon! Blanket over a cardboard box on your flight 2014/02/15 for seat 11A, on entertainment system was excellent sufficiently. More shallow call to see who may be selected for an additional fee seat C... Service: the A321 Transcon is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra seats really... For me, even from my seat close to the J galley located immediately behind those seats 2014/02/15 for 10F... Status and I am 6 ' 2 '' with generously sized biceps [ and muscles in,... And also helps to break up the journey and pair it with our exclusive.. Bit wider than the back rows, but two, especially the area where food! For use during takeoff and landing primarily used on Domestic US routes the engines, designed by be Aerospace in... To JetBlue & # x27 ; s Safest, but two galley are a plus compared to the,. Gave an unusual feeling of privacy, lounge access and more seat 3 is. J galley located immediately behind those seats orderly fashion just after 11am the downfall.