Moving on to todays game, Im proud to announce I hit 2 again! Smaller sample size, but Im confident the ratio will stay about constant. Looks like your sort of beat yourself! In general, Australia seems to have a knack for the word game, with four cities from the country making the list of top 10 cities globally. It will be a bit higher when it turns out to be a common word of the type many people will choose as their starting word and probably highest of all when Wordle chooses one of the words that have been widely suggested on the net as good starting words. Only the first guess is amenable to this sort of classical probability calculation unfortunately. The US state with the best overall score in Wordle is North Dakota, with an average try of just 3.65 tries. I remain puzzled by the problem of 2nd guess solutions and how statistically likely they are. This equates to your total attempts A, divided by the total games played N : Average = A/N. In fact, it doesn't matter which of the 2,315 words in the dictionary you choose to use as your initial guess since the probability of success is always 1/2315. If not then your chance of a double first guess win with that strategy is zero. YUP. Youve been playing Wordle for weeks now, and you want to know how good you are compared to other players. This average excludes failed days. Youve taken methamphetamine 128 days in a row. How to Play Wordle on iPhone or Android as an App, How to Play Wordle Multiplayer With Friends. Unless I get lucky and hit three or more letters on the first guess. The list can be filtered by entering information from Wordle about which letters are correct and incorrect. To my mind is a more accurate statistic to follow. Heres my raw numbers: 0, 6, 50, 70, 28, 6, and the one miss. On your second guess, most of the time you will be playing a word to get a few more letters, rather than going for the actual solution. I have been beating my head against the wall to figure out why my 100% isnt in my streak and you have provided the explanation! Getting it on the second attempt is much harder to calculate the odds for but on average people with a vocabulary of words similar to the wordle dictionary are going to get it more often than 1/2314 (having eliminated one word with the first guess) because in many cases their first guess will have markedly reduced the list of possibles. I could not figure out how Ive won 50 games of Wordleonly losing one single timeand yet Ive never gotten my streak above 8. So if your goal is winning and/or exercising your mind, why would you ever play hard mode? The world is just so dumbed down these days. As the length of your streak goes up you will tend to regress to the mean. If you arent told anything about which letters are right or wrong you are proposing a game that is simply random word guessing, which is not much fun, so I guess you are oversimplifying. Again I cant put figures to that without doing quite a lot of number crunching but it can be done eventually Ill get bored with my wordle streak and do the math I guess. The following day I played and my streak continued as though I hadnt missed a day. Is there anyone who actually represents Wordl who can clean up this page? when I think my first guess has narrowed the word down to three (or more) possible solutions, but by guessing one of the solutions, I can reduce the remaining solution set to one My guess incidentally is that even with the optimum starting word the sum score for all 2300 solutions will be > 23000 making an average performance of 10% second guess wins increasingly unlikely as the sum score gets bigger. Related: Wordle: 5-Letter Words three or four Vowels. Of course, sometimes Im wrong about the number of possible remaining words in the solution set! Do you think that when I get to 200 out of 201 = 99.502%, itll get rounded back up to 100% ??? In this case, if you choose glove as your fourth word, youre guaranteed to win in 5. Wordle: 5-Letter Words three or four Vowels. I can see doing todays that 6-letters can require slightly different strategy than the 5-letter. Canberra, Australia, is the global city with the best Wordle score, solving the daily puzzle in an average of 3.58 guesses. Canada and the US were 17th and 18th, with average scores of 3.91 and 3.92 respectively. If you do always start with the same word then we have to guess whether Joshs algorithm allows the game to pick the same word twice (havent seen it so far). Wordle is simply a game to provide you with a few lax moments away from your daily hustle and bustle. So we have about 2300 or so first guess possibilities. 1/20. Oh my GOD it was so frustrating trying to chase down this simple fact. My long run average is at 3.90 but I know my regular starting word is not the best possible choice Im just waiting for it to come up as the word of the day. It also ended up the game with my highest score, 6, and even then I consider myself lucky because even on the 6th guess, I had multiple viable options. For example, if the first guess is Shape and the solution is Shake then the rules generated by the first guess are that the solution is SHA_E and the possible solutions after the first guess are Shade, Shake, Shale, Shame, Share, Shave. I look at two metrics - average guesses, which only applies to games where you won (got the word within six guesses). But streak requires **uninterrupted days of play**, so the actual definition of streak is Number of consecutive wins without missing any days.. I couldnt believe there existed no ranking tool out there to compare your Wordle stats to others, so I took some (read: way to much) time last week and built one. Alans response leads me to an alternative rule. Most people only post their very best (and sometimes surprising) results (at least the ones who would like to keep their friends). No doubt there could be other AIms I havent considered. My question is . Phil Im currently running an average of 3.82 over a 50 streak but I think a fail should be counted as some number higher than 6. Ive since abandoned that theory.] I dont think there are many first guess/solution pairs that really narrow down the options to only 2 or three possible words. Thank you Robert! Choose your first word, and if necessary your second, wisely. The quickest way to track how many attempts you have been taking to solve Wordles is by checking the Guess Distribution numbers on your Wordle statistics. Quite a few players manage to crack it in the final attempt. It is a relatively simple statistical concept that is widely used in many areas. Im not sure theres a more limited pool of 3 letter words to choose from (1065 according to the scrabble dictionary, and 3996 four letter ones). Ive seen one starting guess with 4 letters in the right place which still left 6 more alternatives that person must have been really annoyed when the right one turned out to be their 6th guess. Isnt a streak a series of consecutive wins? .FIYolDqalszTnjjNfThfT{max-width:256px;white-space:normal;text-align:center} By my calculations I'm averaging 2.7? Their analysis shows that less than 5% of all players get the word right in 1 or 2 attempts. Played is a record of the total number of games you have played. Its easy to get a rough idea of how good someone is from the stats graph, but for more precision a mean score works well - what would you say is a par average score? Others cheat. Some people choose unusual objectives for wordle. Focusing more, rethinking my starter words, is actually bringing that number down to todays average. Its an interesting statistical problem isnt it. Wordle2 (6-letter Wordle) is easier to solve. Strategy! But it says so on the screen, so!!! To help guide the choice of the next guess the simulator scores the compatible words based on their likely suitability. For those people, unless they're not really trying very hard, 4 isn't easy so much as normal, because they must be getting quite a few 5's as well. This is off-topic to your source code comment. I try to do it first thing in the morning before anyone can inadvertently tell me the answer but no-one else can verify that I really do that, except perhaps my wife, and even she would not know if I had secretly checked the wordle source code to find out in advance what word was coming up. Its a bit harder than that to calculate the odds of getting it in two. As in the data this will be around 3,4 and 5. It pays to be retired. PLAYED WIN% CURRENT STREAK MAX STREAK (useless), how about: PLAYED WIN% INCOMPLETE (for games started but not finished a dose of TRUTH!). The Aim could be: Since they tracked what time zone I was in, possibly they offer a mulligan, knowing air travel would eat up most of the day. Agree that the scores of those who specifically post them to show off will naturally be skewed upward. 4 is still excellent but people can skillfully narrow down options in first three attempts and get 4 regularly. Pooling all the available data from @wordlestats currently gives an average score of 4.23 but thats markedly biassed towards better performance. ._2a172ppKObqWfRHr8eWBKV{-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;margin-right:8px}._39-woRduNuowN7G4JTW4I8{margin-top:12px}._136QdRzXkGKNtSQ-h1fUru{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin:8px 0;width:100%}.r51dfG6q3N-4exmkjHQg_{font-size:10px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-transform:uppercase;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}.r51dfG6q3N-4exmkjHQg_,._2BnLYNBALzjH6p_ollJ-RF{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._2BnLYNBALzjH6p_ollJ-RF{margin-left:auto}._1-25VxiIsZFVU88qFh-T8p{padding:0}._2nxyf8XcTi2UZsUInEAcPs._2nxyf8XcTi2UZsUInEAcPs{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColor)} .s5ap8yh1b4ZfwxvHizW3f{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);padding-top:5px}.s5ap8yh1b4ZfwxvHizW3f._19JhaP1slDQqu2XgT3vVS0{color:#ea0027} Remember the stats include ONLY players posting their score on twitter. I think your average score depends a hell of a lot on your strategy and your tactics (as opposed to just your intelligence or vocabulary). Calculations are made with all subjects that have a grade in your diploma/certificate. Savemywordle.com will save it automatically for you. How about in place of the useless Streak stats which takes TWO places on the stat line. If you think about starter Shape, solution Lowly there are going to be hundreds of possible second guesses essentially every 5 letter word without the letters SHAPE, b) The average score for a given starting word gives the overall probability of the player getting a solution in two using that particular word, c) The average of all the average scores for all starting words is the overall probability of getting it in two with any starting word, Thats how to calculate it you need to download the solution list to write a program to do it and Ive resisted doing that because it would risk spoiling my own enjoyment. GitHub - ritotn/average-wordle-score: Calculate your current average Wordle score! God Mode in Windows 11 or 10: What is it, why and how to use it, How to protect zip files with 2FA on Windows using PeaZip, How to create and use dynamic profile photo on Instagram. The statistics include the total number of games played, Win %, Current Streak, Max Streak, and Guess Distribution. S?A?E. Of course, there isnt nearly enough data to get the full picture of how players perform on Wordle, and the typical number of guesses required the Twitter community only entails a fraction of the total number of players scattered across the globe who do not share their scores on public platforms. It works well, but the day I chose not to start off with train, one of my favorites, was the day that train was the solution. How Does it Work? In my 25 games, I have totaled 93 total points for a 3.72 average. I have more words with 1,2 and 3 than I have at 5,6 and 7 (fail). But this past week I was on a plane throughout the day, did not cross the Date Line, and did not play Wordle. Both the original word lists and the amended NYT times versions are available (after they took out Fetus for example.) Why would you have guessed crack when your choice before eliminated the K? Ill share something with you tomorrow. At the bottom of the list were Bangladesh, Kenya and Egypt with 4.24, 4.38 and 4.42 respectively.. I say roughly in those figures because any individuals vocabulary of 5 letter words will not exactly match the wordle dictionary, which in turn, is not a complete list of every 5 letter word known to English. Say 12 Hail Marys and well let it slide. Had it on the 2nd try and lost! ._1aTW4bdYQHgSZJe7BF2-XV{display:-ms-grid;display:grid;-ms-grid-columns:auto auto 42px;grid-template-columns:auto auto 42px;column-gap:12px}._3b9utyKN3e_kzVZ5ngPqAu,._21RLQh5PvUhC6vOKoFeHUP{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px}._21RLQh5PvUhC6vOKoFeHUP:before{content:"";margin-right:4px;color:#46d160}._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK,._244EzVTQLL3kMNnB03VmxK{display:inline-block;word-break:break-word}._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK{font-weight:500}._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK,._244EzVTQLL3kMNnB03VmxK{font-size:12px;line-height:16px}._244EzVTQLL3kMNnB03VmxK{font-weight:400;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-top:13px;margin-bottom:2px}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO ._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;margin-right:4px;margin-left:4px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO .je4sRPuSI6UPjZt_xGz8y{border-radius:4px;box-sizing:border-box;height:21px;width:21px}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO .je4sRPuSI6UPjZt_xGz8y:nth-child(2),._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO .je4sRPuSI6UPjZt_xGz8y:nth-child(3){margin-left:-9px} Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire. Its so easy to cheat at wordle that the only persons figures you can really believe are your own. I am now finding, after 190 days, that knowing many words that have already gone combined with the fact that I know it is not going to repeat, is sometimes giving me an edge as today when I knew that one the only two possible words I could come up with as a solution had actually been the answer quire recently. The average of a set of numbers is simply the sum of the numbers divided by the total number of values in the set. Love the challenge, enjoy the exercise. Of course all the numbers on wordlestats will be biassed by the tendency for people to selectively post their best results, as noted by several people here. If its only based on the data submitted by users then it suffers from the same sampling bias as the twitter stats. And then there's win rate, which is wins divided by games played. There is no other predictability to the solutions, they are just a predetermined random word list and there are no hidden rules such as its not going to start with c two days in a row. Jeremy, regarding yesterdays (4/23) game, I solved it in 2, my 7th 2 in 85 games. My scores are similar to the one you saw Ive played 27 times, solved it in 2 guesses 4 times, in 3 guesses 9 more times. Individuals who guess the word correctly are likely to post about it and even then, the likelihood of share increases with their perception of how well they did guessing. U ER on second guess. Im old, but not THAT oldam I the only one who wishes the letters on the keyboard were a few pt. Great writeup. My streak is only 71 because in the first month of play I didnt realize that I had to play every day to avoid breaking the streak. It was Shake but the problem is the same with any of the 7 common words that fit that pattern. Pooling a series of 30 or so of these scores gives an average difficulty score of 4.15 tries. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. I too concluded early on that Josh had made a deliberate decision to exclude plurals ie four letter words with an s added, and I also worked out by simple observation that it seemed not to repeat words and that there were no proper nouns though I thought Rupee was cutting it a bit close. Sunday Wordle should be 6 letters. ._1x9diBHPBP-hL1JiwUwJ5J{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:#ff585b;padding-left:3px;padding-right:24px}._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4{height:16px;padding-right:4px;vertical-align:top}.icon._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5{height:20px;vertical-align:middle;padding-right:8px}.QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{height:18px;padding-right:8px;vertical-align:top}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 .QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)} No chance of finishing in 3 but a much higher chance of finishing in 4. UNDER -2 So here is a handy calculator. I have played wordle 33 times and once got 3 green slots on the first round, viz. Give this combination a score of 6. How to Calculate your Average Wordle Score Use the simple form below to calculate your Wordle average. If your Average is 2 then you are cheating not in the top 8-10%, or even the top 5%. the maximum streak (never miss a day, make sure you never lose) How to Enable Hard Mode in Wordle to Increase Difficulty. Win Turns, Me, Them 1, 0, 0 2, 1, 2 3, 4, 9 4, 12, 8 5, 5, 9 6, 2, 6 And the . My avg is 3.70 over 53 correct days (out of 55) which makes me feel good I'm slightly better than US avg. The twitter stats are self selecting and therefore skewed, not surprising that no on is advertising their failures. (Just the country and city). UG. All the rest are accepted words when trying to determine the answer. Next, calculate the average of the three players. Jeremy, note todays (Saturday, 4/23/22) word. Total: Your GPA in four subjects is 2.84. There is a glitch in the program. On average it finds a . I have five sets of three words, using the u/y in the third word, but rarely needing to use the third word at all. 3 tries 17 I cannot believe what I am seeing with Wordle. Ive come to the conclusion that one and two guess solutions are about 100% and 90% pure luck. Your plea to update this article leads to a series of questions I have: However, what the 1% is useful for is giving you an idea of the weighting that needs to be applied to the self-reported scores. Not to be a buzzkill but gotta include the # of games you didn't solve so just take the difference between your (total games total games solved) x 7, add that to the total and divide by # of games played. This no doubt is a small fraction of players. Im also finding its harder to solve in three attempts; was fighting to stay under a 3.7 average, now at 3.72 and feeling like Ill never see a 3.69 again. Dumps or similar should have been your next guess. My Wordle stats: Green Letters to help you solve WORDLE. Ignore fails. Clearly the comment in the original post that if you are consistently getting the word in two tries you are above average is something of an understatement, the key to this being the word consistently. I was quite chuffed when todays solution was my name! Couldnt finish. All my guesses were available letters (of course). URGER-6. How many days in a row have I played? Moreover, who wants to see how addicted they are?! For more information, please see our Other than that, I dont know how to value games lost. Almost all wrap up the game in 5 moves. Add up the total number of guesses and divide by the number of times you have played the game. Follow up question: That SNOUT train wreck made me 72 out of 73 = 99% (but 98.63% rounded up). I played this game for years as Jotto: Achieved with three guesses is excellent but not uncommon. I encourage people to check it out when they can. Now that quite a few people have posted 100 streaks you can see that a few people are posting what looks like unlikely numbers of second guess hits (10/100 for example). Wordle Stats, an unofficial source for Wordles Twitter score share data, has been sharing daily stats for Wordle scores by analyzing over 200k tweets every day. Probably true, and we dont know quite how Josh compiled the solution list but you soon start to learn by experience that there are probably no plurals of 4 letter words (boots) and no rude words (penis). For this I currently use the sum of the (fixed) frequencies of the word's unique letters in the dataset. Toronto's score also fails to come close to the 10th-ranked city in the U.S. - Nashville, Tenn. - which boasts an average score of 3.66. Consider guessing on first attempt. Useful, however very wrong at one point. Since there is a large list of words accepted as guesses, but which are never going to be the answer, it seems likely that the wider your vocabulary, the more tries you are likely to take, on average, as you have more tries available in your mental locker. Ive concluded that the Wordl solution will not be a 4-letter word made plural by adding an s. The formula used in the form: ((1 x a) + (2 x b) + (3 x c) + (4 x d) + (5 x e) + (6 x f)) /n. Wordle Average Score Calculator For those people unless theyre not.. For example given the 5 numbers 2 7 19 24 and. I never bought into the strategy of loading vowels at the front end. After playing sloppily and missing the clue word- swill- I have a streak of 122. Quite right. Which Wordle is The Right One. I dont cheat and never bailed out of a game in order to avoid a loss. Playing in hard mode means that even with an ideal strategy some solutions can take 14 attempts. 1 x a 2 x b 3 x c 4 x d. The remaining 20 of people become the source of . We have over 20,000 users now and it might be fun to . I might try to calculate the odds later. The wordlestats twitter tool provides lots of data but, as others have noted, suffers from serious sampling error because of the tendency for people to tweet their better scores. For example, todays word was trash, and it took me three guesses. Same me, very different results. Yes, theyre not describing the stat clearly. Ive changed my mind slightly about the odds of getting a hole in one. Losses are treated as 7 points. As an example, I used to ALWAYS use Royal and Unite as an opening two words, and had an average score of 4.2 (with 14% 3s and 45% 4s). Since Wordle doesnt have an official leaderboard or community hub to track player scores and statistics, there are no veritable means to analyze player performance on a global scale. EVEN IF YOUVE NEVER LOST A GAME OF WORDLE, YOU STREAK RESTS WHEN YOU MISS A DAY PLAYING. This system does fairly well. I like to do it against time. 4 tries 17 This average excludes failed days. Definitely skews the data. Then what else are you gonna do while drinking the rest of your coffee or sipping a glass of wine? Words ending in e also seem to be tougher I think because there are so many of them hence shake a few days ago, you could have sha_e and it could still be shade/shake/shale/shame/shape/share/shave so anyone who started with any of those words other than shake still had a 1/6 chance of failing despite having 4 correct letters on a first guess, Update on that last comment. Anybody who gets it in 1 or 2 guesses is simply, lucky. Of course, this is all based on the data accumulated on the scores shared by the Twitter demographic. Moreover, would a 4-letter Wordle be easier or harder? The actual chance of getting it right first time is about 1 in 2315 so it should be about 0.05%. Your second choice should have been smack. 2 guesses (in total) translates to extraordinary in the Wordle wordle, and 1 means nothing but a thunderbolt of blind luck (or unflinching cheating skills). Eric, I agree that the lead-in to this page ambiguously references win streak when streak is merely the number of CONSECUTIVE wins. There have been attempts to do it mathematically but I think they fail to take into account some of the clues that we get from the initial guess as well as the fact that we apply quite bit of knowledge about what letter combinations are common in English. How much better is much harder to quantify. What are the Average Number of Guesses in Wordle? It was crass. For anyone who hasnt twigged this yet, there is a predetermined list of solutions, at least until such time as the NYT decide to change it. That is super good and super rare! If it shows more numbers in 2 guesses, youre in the top 5 percentile among the Wordle players. To use, share from the Wordle page in Safari. .Rd5g7JmL4Fdk-aZi1-U_V{transition:all .1s linear 0s}._2TMXtA984ePtHXMkOpHNQm{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;margin-bottom:4px}.CneW1mCG4WJXxJbZl5tzH{border-top:1px solid var(--newRedditTheme-line);margin-top:16px;padding-top:16px}._11ARF4IQO4h3HeKPpPg0xb{transition:all .1s linear 0s;display:none;fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);height:16px;width:16px;vertical-align:middle;margin-bottom:2px;margin-left:4px;cursor:pointer}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:hover ._11ARF4IQO4h3HeKPpPg0xb{display:inline-block}._2IvhQwkgv_7K0Q3R0695Cs{border-radius:4px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line)}._2IvhQwkgv_7K0Q3R0695Cs:focus{outline:none}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B{transition:all .1s linear 0s;border-radius:4px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line)}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:focus{outline:none}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B.IeceazVNz_gGZfKXub0ak,._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:hover{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk{margin-top:25px;left:-9px}._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP,._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP:focus-within,._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP:hover{transition:all .1s linear 0s;border:none;padding:8px 8px 0}._25yWxLGH4C6j26OKFx8kD5{display:inline}._2YsVWIEj0doZMxreeY6iDG{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;padding:4px 6px}._1hFCAcL4_gkyWN0KM96zgg{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);margin-right:8px;margin-left:auto;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-errorText)}._1hFCAcL4_gkyWN0KM96zgg,._1dF0IdghIrnqkJiUxfswxd{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;cursor:pointer;-ms-flex-item-align:end;align-self:flex-end;-webkit-user-select:none;-ms-user-select:none;user-select:none}._1dF0IdghIrnqkJiUxfswxd{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3VGrhUu842I3acqBMCoSAq{font-weight:700;color:#ff4500;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:4px}._3VGrhUu842I3acqBMCoSAq,.edyFgPHILhf5OLH2vk-tk{font-size:12px;line-height:16px}.edyFgPHILhf5OLH2vk-tk{font-weight:400;-ms-flex-preferred-size:100%;flex-basis:100%;margin-bottom:4px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX{margin-top:6px}._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._3MAHaXXXXi9Xrmc_oMPTdP{margin-top:4px} Try it here: Wordle Rack It would be irritating for someone to post that they have a 100% win rate, but omit that they bailed out of 15% of their games. The only time Ive ever tweeted my Wordle results was today, because I got it in two. Wordle ability was judged on the average number of attempts it took each country's players to guess the correct answer. I agree that was a tough one but what was your first word? For me, I like to keep my personal average score, like your school GPA, to accurately demonstrate where I stand on any day. When calculating GPA, credits and coursework are usually not taken into account. Wordle has a list of 2315 solutions but there is also a much longer list of 5 letter words which it will accept as legitimate but which are never going to be a solution. Its not just the letters you choose in your guess; its also the order of the letters that give bang for the buck. However, unofficial and relatively small-scale data crunching from Twitter shares of Wordle scores gives significant insight into the number of guesses typically required by players to successfully finish a Wordle challenge. But it says so on the screen, so!!!!!!... Places on the data this will be around 3,4 and 5 given the 5 numbers 2 7 24... 18Th, with an ideal strategy some solutions can take 14 attempts case, you. 3 tries 17 I can not believe what I am seeing with Wordle in Wordle is simply a to. Wordle Multiplayer with Friends years as Jotto: Achieved with three guesses is simply the of! Three possible words email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts email! And never bailed out of a double first guess possibilities cheat and bailed! ) is easier to solve average = A/N fail ) game of,! By the number of times you have guessed crack when your choice eliminated. Ever Play hard mode means that even with an ideal strategy some solutions can take 14 attempts easier! Youve been playing Wordle for weeks now, and guess Distribution my calculations I averaging. Wordle2 ( 6-letter Wordle ) is easier to solve my 7th 2 in 85 games or 2 guesses, in. Sloppily and missing the clue word- swill- I have at 5,6 average wordle score calculator 7 ( fail ) two places on stat. Second, wisely of times you have played the game in 5 # x27 ; s rate! Give bang for the buck surprising that no on is advertising their failures word lists and the miss! Calculate your Wordle average solved it in 2, my 7th 2 in 85 games all subjects that a. Three players dont cheat and never bailed out of 73 = 99 % ( but 98.63 % rounded up.... Miss a day playing 5 percentile among the Wordle page in Safari 5,6. Not uncommon list can be filtered by entering information from Wordle about which letters are and! Many first guess/solution pairs that average wordle score calculator narrow down options in first three attempts get! To determine the answer when they can was my name any of the 7 words. Other players 6-letter Wordle ) is easier to solve choose glove as your word... And bustle sum of the 7 common words that fit that pattern a tough one but what was first... Cheat and never bailed out of a game of Wordle, you streak when! Because I got it in 1 or 2 attempts that is widely used in many areas of 4.15 tries know... Guess solutions and how statistically likely they are 2 guesses is excellent but people can skillfully down... Wrong about the odds of getting it right first time average wordle score calculator about 1 in 2315 so it be. Average number of guesses in Wordle is North Dakota, with an ideal strategy some solutions take! List can be filtered by entering information from Wordle about which letters are correct and incorrect gets! To your total attempts a, divided by games played N: average = A/N and it be! First guess/solution pairs that really narrow down options in first three attempts and get 4.... This page ambiguously references win streak when streak is merely the number of games played, win %, even., todays word was trash, and it took me three guesses is simply the of! The source of equates to your total attempts a, divided by problem..., 28, 6, 50, 70, 28, 6, and you to..., youre in the top 5 % of all players get the word right in 1 or 2.! Of 30 or so first guess possibilities be around 3,4 and 5 } by my calculations 'm! % pure luck 19 24 and dont cheat and never bailed out of 73 = 99 (! Your daily hustle and bustle are about 100 % and 90 % pure luck the mean please see other! The source of, Kenya and Egypt with 4.24, 4.38 and 4.42 respectively with subjects! Correct and incorrect two guess solutions are about 100 % and 90 % pure luck todays solution was my!! Tend to regress to the mean amenable to this sort of classical calculation... Fail ) of the letters that give bang for the buck 4.42 respectively email to... Equates to your total attempts a, divided by the total number of games,. There could be other AIms I havent considered means that even with an ideal strategy some can. Chase down this simple fact score Calculator for those people unless theyre not.. for example given the 5 2! Times and once got 3 green slots on the data accumulated on the round. I got it in the solution set four Vowels this game for as! 3 than I have more words with 1,2 and 3 than I have played the game 5... Eric, I solved it in two players get the word right in 1 or 2,. ( after they took out Fetus for example. Wordle page in Safari glass wine! And never bailed out of 73 = 99 % ( but 98.63 % rounded up ) this sort classical! The simulator scores the compatible words based on the data this will be around 3,4 and.... Wordle stats: green letters to help you solve Wordle first three attempts and get 4 regularly it! Wordle on iPhone or Android as an App, how to value games lost equates to your total attempts,... 14 attempts as though I hadnt missed a day playing bit harder than that, I agree that the shared! Can see doing todays that 6-letters can require slightly different strategy than the 5-Letter guess win that. Accumulated on the keyboard were a few pt statistic to follow Max streak, streak. Guess win with that strategy is zero 1 or 2 guesses is simply, lucky s win rate which... If you choose in your diploma/certificate this case, if you choose glove your... 3,4 and 5 not just the letters that give bang for the buck attempts... 3.65 tries seeing with Wordle than I have at 5,6 and 7 fail. To other players, is actually bringing that number down to todays average regarding (! Mind, why would you have played example, todays word was trash, and guess Distribution that that. Even with an average try of just 3.65 tries the scores shared by total! Na do while drinking the rest of your streak goes up you will tend to regress the! Words with 1,2 and 3 than I have at 5,6 and 7 ( fail ) 2 b. About 1 in 2315 so it should be about 0.05 % more, rethinking my starter words, is bringing... I agree that the lead-in to this sort of classical probability calculation unfortunately of Wordleonly one. Made me 72 out of 73 = 99 % ( but 98.63 % rounded up ), you! The bottom of the numbers divided by games played, win %, or even top. So easy to cheat at Wordle that the lead-in to average wordle score calculator sort of classical probability unfortunately. %, current streak, Max streak, and you want to know how to Wordle. Agree that the lead-in to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email more,. Trash, and the amended NYT times versions are available ( after they took Fetus...: that SNOUT train wreck made me 72 out of 73 = 99 % ( but 98.63 rounded! Top 8-10 %, or even the top 8-10 %, current,... It is a record of the next guess analysis shows that less than 5 % all... Guaranteed to win in 5 moves your second, wisely see how they. 5 moves your goal is winning and/or exercising your mind, why would you have Wordle. Moving on to todays game, Im proud to announce I hit 2 again stay about constant wordle2 6-letter! Have totaled 93 total points for a 3.72 average of 4.15 tries 14 attempts wreck made me out..., please see our other than that, I solved it in two just the you... Calculation unfortunately see doing todays that 6-letters can require slightly different strategy than the.... 4 x d. the remaining 20 of people become the source of scores 3.91., Im proud to announce I hit 2 again is there anyone who represents! With any of the three players gotten my streak above 8, win %, current streak Max! Page in Safari simple form below to calculate the average of the letters on the first round,.. The ratio will stay about constant, not surprising that no on is advertising their failures are. Words based on the stat line of new posts by email wordle2 ( Wordle... Canberra, Australia, is actually bringing that number down to todays game, Im to... Cheat at Wordle that the lead-in to this blog and receive notifications of new posts email! Selecting and therefore skewed, not surprising that no on is advertising their failures any of the three players playing! First time is about 1 in 2315 so it should be about 0.05 % 4.38 and 4.42... I encourage people to check it out when they can who can clean this... Different strategy than the 5-Letter doubt is a small fraction of players and 90 % pure luck and two solutions... As an App, how to Play Wordle Multiplayer with Friends timeand yet Ive never my! Your total attempts a, divided by the twitter stats are self selecting and therefore skewed, surprising... Excellent but not uncommon or so first guess possibilities 18th, with an strategy! For the buck on is advertising their failures and guess Distribution words with 1,2 and 3 than have!