This is definitely the town to visit if you are a Vampire Diaries fan. And while youre here, dont forget to make a stop at Scoops for delicious ice cream. For those of you who prefer tours, the Mystic Falls Tour is a great choice. And Im going to show you how to do it and where to stop! There is something magical about seeing your favorite story come to life. How exciting! It was one of my first real tv shows. I love everything about my stay Show more 3.8 Review score 369 reviews Price from $60.99 per night Check availability The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast They also serve soups and salads. Aaawww! Seek out the famous haunts from Georgia movies and TV shows starring your favorite undead characters. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Several other TV shows have used the town plaza and clock tower. Tucked just below The Mystic Grill in Covington, GA is The Alley Gift Shop and Mystic Museum. If youve followed me for some time, you already know Im a die-hard fan of The Vampire Diaries franchise, a Georgia-filmed series. Additionally, once you arrive, you will immediately fall in love with the charm of this picturesque town. Filed Under: Places to See Tagged With: Covington Georgia, On Location Vacations, The Vampire Diaries, Tour of Mystic Falls. Now I want to visit! Your info will make it a great day! Just around the corner, youll see the gates to the Lockwood Mansion. It took me like 2 hours to find this place but it was so worth it! This helps keeps this travel blog afloat! I will emphasize, however, that these are actual peoples homes now, so please be respectful of their private property. Check In. Waterfalls and Hiking at Tallulah Gorge State Park, A Fairytale English Cottage, Garden, and Labyrinth in Tallahassee, 2023 Next Stop Adventures LLC | Outdoor Lifestyle and Travel Blog | Altamonte Springs, FL 32714 |, filming locations from The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, 21 Ideas for Florida Adventure Travel in 2023, The Mossy Cave Waterfall in Bryce Canyon, Utah, 6 Reasons to Stay in a Cabin in Pigeon Forge, https://www.yanitzaninett.com/blog/2020/4/6/visit-the-real-mystic-falls, 32 Instagram Captions for Hiking and Adventures, Self-Guided Walking Tour in St. Augustine, Florida. However, even if you dont take the tour, youll still be able to see the majority of these locations up closeexcept for The Lockwood Mansion (real name is Worthington Manor). Its impact is still seen today as the show gains popularity on streaming platforms. Places to See, Food to Eat, Things to Do and Where to Stay. Oh, The Places We Travel offers tips on planning your vacation. The company also runs tours that focus on the spin-off show "The Originals. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Witches Mansion aka Witches Burial Ground - 3188 Conyers St., Covington, GA Witches Burial Ground, The Vampire Diaries filming locations 14. The small town vibes of Covington have been used as a backdrop in countless television and film projects over the last few decades, including memorable ones like "In the Heat of the Night," "The Dukes of Hazzard" and "My Cousin Vinny." Fans will visit locations like the Lockwood Mansion and the home used as the Gilbert house. Since 2013, I feel in love with Vampire Diaries. IRL, its actually a super cute town filled with The Vampire Diaries filming locations. From t-shirts, snow globes, jewelry, and posters, you will definitely find something worth purchasing. The boarding house is actually Glenridge Hall, a private residence located in the suburbs. Outdoor travel blogger, lifestyle photographer, and Vampire Diaries obsessed. We chose to drive instead of renting a golf cart or walking. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Whitmore College Yes, the main square of Covington, GA is whats known as Mystic Falls. Some of the biggest names in Hollywood frequent these Georgia eateries, and so can you! See how Georgia stands in for New Orleans in this Vampire Diaries spinoff. Its interesting to see the area and where all the various shows and movies were filmed. Ive always wanted to visit Mystic Falls mostly because of The Vampire Diaries, hehe. La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington has comfy pillowtop beds, flat-screen televisions, free high-speed WiFiand work space, as well as coffee makers, microwavesand mini fridges. Its very much worth it and Im sure you will have an amazing time. Look at this front door! And the Lockwood Mansion is located just around the corner at 2129 East Street SE, Covington, Georgia 30014. We drove around the small town in our rental car and followed the route they suggested. I had no idea Gone with the Wind was filmed in Covington, Georgia. However, it is apparent that the set designers added in quite a few other pieces to the graveyard for the TV show. Hampton Inn Covington. Explore Georgia named the Twelve Oaks as one of the top antebellum . Now, I really want to start all over again with Vampire Diaries only to say that I was there, haha. Would be fun to visit on day! Yay!! In fact, since my last visit, the welcome center got an upgrade and its bigger and better than ever. The property has a fitness center and outdoor pool, daily breakfastand event space. offers tips on planning your vacation and ways to save. The Covington Movie Tour along with other filming locations you will also go to: Matt & Vickie's house MG's house Rebekahs house Grams house Isobels house Elenas house Carolines house The Delena rain kiss scene The 1864 Lockwood mansion The new Lockwood mansion Doppelgnger dream house & many other locations The Epic Tour I just went up the stairs and went out of the door that led to the terrace. Then take a sharp right down the stairs by the restaurants main entrance to access the alley. You know this spotits where all the unfortunate extras get killed! I'm passionate about hiking and scuba diving, ocean waves, and warm sunny days. Visit the landmarks from The Vampire Diaries and other Covington film landmarks with Mystic Falls Tours. We are going next week! We truly enjoyed walking around this estate. I have read and agree to the terms & conditions, Get 2 Free Downloads for Signing Up: One-Week Guide to the Best of Paris & The house was absolutely beautiful, inside and out. Its full of fan articles and also some cast outfits. Additionally, we also have Legaciesanother spin-off series. Mystic Grill, and many of the cast members have eaten here! 0 . The wooden sign is at the Visitors Center. In the Heat of the Night was filmed in Covington, Georgia, as well. If youre really dedicated, you can also swing by the Salvatore Boarding House location up in Atlanta (598 Abernathy Road, NE, Atlanta, Georgia), particularly if you have to head back that way. Read More. It doesnt look like in the episodes but its still nice. !Thank you for watching && like and su. It showcases the historic homes and buildings in downtown Covington. Thats amazing! Theeight guest rooms have flat-screen televisions, free WiFi, fireplaces, and plush robes, as well as daily breakfast. Take the 3rd left onto Floyd Street and you should be in the square where you will quickly find The Mystic Falls Court House/Jail & Sheriff Forbes office, The Mystic Grill, Dr. Gilberts Office, and The Center of The Square (where Isobel told Elena, Damon is in love with her in Season II) . Going this weekend! The Covington Historic District contains Floyd Street and the downtown square. Covington is the perfect retreat from the city. They have signed posters everywhere, along with entire walls dedicated to the cast and crews signatures! There are plenty of them along the sidewalks, but Ians is a little secluded. Here is quick list of some of the most popular addresses when visiting Mystic Falls: Mystic Grill : 1116 Clark St. SW Covington GA 30014 Elena's House: 2104 Floyd St. NE Covington GA 30014 (People live here, be respectful and stay on the sidewalk) Caroline's House: 2118 Floyd St. NE Covington GA 30014 Dont forget to check out some of the cast clothes. Theyre part of what really gives this historic town its continuing southern charm. But even for a casual fan, theres plenty to do and see. I cannot say enough GREAT things about staying in the Forbes house, if you are planning a trip to Mystic Falls you. Much to enjoy really! The entire town was filled with friendly people welcoming tourists and fans of the show. The hourly rental is $40, a 1/2 day rental (4 hrs) is $150 and a full-day rental (8 hrs) is $250. That was all the places I visited there. Download our free ebook that is filled with 25 recipes perfect for camping! It was featured a lot in the early seasons and again recently. Thank you so much for reading. This sounds like a great destination for our next vacation trip and will definitely doing all of these once we get there. Now, take notes, because this list has the best locations! Address: 2104 Floyd St. N.E. Fan or not, a picture with the Mystic Falls welcome sign is something you dont want to miss! Copywriting & Editing Solutions Tailored to You. The square is small, but you can enjoy the peace and quiet from one of the benches and read up on the towns history at a historic plaque along the sidewalk. See why these romantic destinations have charmed some of the biggest stars in Hollywood. The place is amazing wow!!! Loitering and vandalism seem to be the culprits. But one of the most popular ways to explore this town is by visiting the filming locations of the show The Vampire Diaries. Its also a well known film location and again you will find a fan shop with cast clothes there. (10245 Eagle Drive, Covington, GA 30014) when school is not in session. Plus memorabilia of other popular shows and movies filmed in Covington over the years. . I'm passionate about hiking and scuba diving, ocean waves, and warm sunny days. Here is the link https://www.yanitzaninett.com/blog/2020/4/6/visit-the-real-mystic-falls. I grew up in Georgia and I had no idea the Vampire Diaries were filmed so near to me. Mystic Falls is where everything happens. The place is so gorgeous. Well, I really like the mansion. Covington holds such an appeal to filmmakers due to its historical roots and preserved southern charm. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. I know when I first went to Mystic Falls I cried! Scoops was a favorite stop for the cast of The Vampire Diaries during their filming days. Yes, I did go to the cemetery. Adding this to my travel bucket list. To make your trip planning much easier, I got you covered with all the stops for your self-guided tour of Mystic Falls.