Everina Maxwell. Cookie Notice Everina Maxwell is the author of Winters Orbit. Winters Orbit is Everinas debut novel. Theres dramatic weddings, flashy costumes, and plots that span a whole entire galaxy. It's an author's job to make their lives difficult, so many of my favourite SFF heroes trudge on stoically through the slings and arrows of a plot that does its damnedest to stop them reaching their goals. Prince Kiem, the Emperors least favourite grandchild, never expected to be married off to a stranger with a day's notice. Everina Maxwell is an author of queer romantic sci-fi. Her first standalone novel, Heartless, was a #1 New York Times bestseller. [CDATA[ Tag us or hashtag #torbooks in your bookstagrams & we might repost them! Check out the #marissa meyer tag to keep updated on all the news, and get your hands on a copy of Supernova, out tomorrow! books. An Imperial Prince has died. Even as they attempt to deal with their growing attraction to each other. A famously disappointing minor royal and the Emperor's least favorite grandchild, Prince Kiem is summoned before the Emperor and commanded to renew the empire's bonds with its newest vassal planet. One of the men in the romance is obnoxious almost to the point of absurdity, and I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be a commentary on lashing out while feeling boxed in by expectations or if he's really just that annoying. ! A version of this novel was first published online, where I encountered (and enjoyed) it as "The Course of Honour" on Archive Of Our Own (in the Original Works category). It turns out youre just allowed to throw in all your favorite things, and no one will stop you. As someone who loves reading both Bujold and fanfic, thats definitely a compliment. , I love seeing so many people congregate who are genuinely passionate about books and art and media. Ooh, what if we figured out how tomakebig cool animals? So instead, we said this is how it should look for these graphic novels. Let chaos reign. //