Franklin County GOP Endorsed Candidates November 8, 2022 General Election. Somerset (largest municipality: Franklin Township) Results by congressional district. It belongs to the people. John is a graduate of Chambersburg Area Senior High School and Penn State University. Incumbent Councilman Kevin Madden and fellow Democrat and labor advocate Richard Womack of He lost to Stephanie Mingo 51.6% to 48.4%. Antrim Township Chambersburg Borough Fannett Township Greencastle Borough Greene Township Guilford Township Hamilton Township Letterkenny Township Lurgan Township Let's elect our candidates! He was in the limelight a bit earlier this year when he oversaw the high-profile, seven-week murder trial of former Dr. William Husel. A primary election will be held Aug. 3 to select candidates to run for Ohios U.S. 15th CongressionalDistrict seat. 3e}g=|=((Z>UVa6Qk{+G0VzSZ>E|YOeh*J Gregory Janisewski of Chateaugay for District 2. The Franklin County Municipal Court requires judges with strong administrative, legal and people skills to manage the torrent of cases, misery and misadventure that comes before this court. Common Pleas judges in Ohio are elected to six-year terms and the post paid $155,485 in 2022. Public Affairs _______________________________________________________________________. Among individual donors, many Democrats also opened their wallets to Brunner: Marc Dann, former Ohio attorney general, gave $500, Franklin County Common Pleas Judge Richard Frye gave $250,. I made a commitment 18 years ago to be a judge. What the candidate says: Barwell saidshe hasalways wanted to be in public service. She is an incredible advocate fighting for Ohioans in the Statehouse and we are looking forward to the experience, dedication, and passion she will bring to Congress. Published: 11:50 AM CDT July 27, 2022. 5 Shukri Olow Dave Upthegrove Shukri Olow PO BOX 6342 KENT, WA 98064 (253) 778-6492 [email protected] ELECTSHUKRIOLOW.COM Education: Seattle University: Ed.D (Educational Leadership and Organizational Learning); MPA, B.A. The bench does not belong to the DA's Office. His grandfather served on the Franklin County Commission in the 1920s. What the candidate says: Ireland has represented over 50 defendants in criminal trials. CMBA = Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. Her background as a small business owner has instilled in her a deep appreciation for the critical role the Prothonotarys office plays in the daily lives of citizens. And Schadek issued a statement Wednesday in support of Crawley. Jaffe said turnout in an off-year special election is unpredictable and the district will be completely redrawn after this year. Lets elect our candidates! I feel thats not necessarily well represented on bench and I think thats something Im excited to bring.. Lynch said at the time: "I've been a registered Republican since I was 18, and 41 years later I do not recognize the Republican Party as it is today.". As a career educator, Cameron knows communication and cooperation are key to tackling complex issues and finding solutions. Some candidates will try to make a big deal about endorsements and wedge issue positions over the course of this campaign, but what voters really want is someone with the will to fight for them in Washington and the experience to do so effectively. &'()*6789:EFGHIJUVWXYZcefghijuvwxyz !1QAa"2qBbRr We've received a number of inquires related to the East Palestine train derailment and its impact on Allegheny County. On Aug. 2, Missouri voters will head to the polls to select candidates who will carry their party banners . The central committee meeting will follow an executive committee session, set for 6 p.m. Thursday, where party officials will decide whether to endorse a candidate in the Aug. 3 Democratic primary for Ohios 15th Congressional District, following the resignation of Republican Steve Stivers. White, D District Attorney General, District 12 Mike Taylor, I County Mayor Candidates Eddie Clark, I Gene Snead, I County Clerk Candidates (984) 297-4384 Endorsed Candidates 2022 General Election: Tuesday, November 8, 2022. The process Thursday night will involvenominations from the floor, followed by comments from each candidate. County Commissioner Hogan McDonald, I, 839 Dinah Shore Blvd, Winchester, TN 37398, USA, Save the date! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. After graduating from Berkley Business School, she had a successful career workingdirectly with executives at large companies like Unilever NorthAmerica as Assistant to the General Council, the President ofCadbury Schweppes, and at The Blackstone Group equity firm asAssistant to the Vice Chair. Sexton said five peopleparticipated in a Democratic Party candidate forum earlier this month for consideration Thursday night, including: Columbus City Council President Pro Tempore Elizabeth Brown; state Rep. Erica Crawley, Franklin County Clerk of Courts Maryellen O'Shaughnessy; Michael Schadek, a former Upper Arlington City councilman and current assistant director of intergovernmental affairs for the city; and Beryl Anderson, a former deputy Secretary of State and former Gahanna city councilwoman. Lynch said voters should pick her because of her experience and track record. The Franklin County Board of Elections will now review the candidates' petition signatures to ensure they are valid registered voters residing in the county, before officially placing the candidates' names on the primary ballot. He said Stivers was often a voice of reason cutting through the chaos in Washington and helping make sure that the important business of government wasnt forgotten. ServingEast Coventry, North Coventry, South Coventry, East Nantmeal, East Vincent, West Vincent and Warwick townships. I believe I can improve current office procedures by contacting homeowners whenever their mortgages have been reassigned. That requires a lot of experience to know how to handle., 2011-present: Columbus City Attorneys Office. Congressman Steve Stivers, a Republican, resigned on May 16 to serve as president and CEO of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce. [email protected]. Candidates for school board, borough council and township supervisor will appear as they come forward.And remember, vote on May 16th, 2023. We've put together a list of the most current endorsements in Pennsylvania's U.S. Senate race compiled from a combination of press releases, social media posts and candidate websites. INFORMATIONAL PACKET FOR CANDIDATES 261-3810 532-4114 261-3886 263-7999 787-5280 IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS Commissioners' Office/Board of Elections Commissioners' Complex, 14 North Main Street Chambersburg, PA 17201 Hours: Monday Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Website: www.franklincountvpa,gov Email: Voter Registration Office (use front entrance Former President Donald Trump has endorsed Carey. Its important for Republicans to take a long-term view and make sure our candidate is someone who can hold the district for our party in the likely event that redistricting makes it more competitive than it is right now.. (ENDORSED by the Chester County Democratic Committee), Judge Timika Lane (ENDORSED by the Chester County Democratic Committee), State Senate 44th District (D) Re-Elected, Katie Muth Democratic Candidate for State Senate. Doors open at 10:30 and refreshments will be served. A leadership that takes great care to do what is right for our county. 3e}g=|=((Z>UVa6Qk{+G0VzSZ>E|YOeh*J Eight candidates (including three sitting judges) are running in four contested races for judge. The Franklin County Democratic Party works year-round to support Democratic candidates at all levels, from local to state to national. 2022 by FCDEC- all rights reserved | Proudly created with, Franklin County Democratic Party - 108 East Nash Street - Louisburg, North Carolina 27549. Democrat: . Franklin County Common Pleas Court Judge Julie M. Lynch switched to theDemocratic party in February 2019after having served on the bench as a member of the GOPsince 2004, with some political observers theorizing it was to make winning elections easier in a county that is largely blue. Click Here to Sign Up via Mobilize Attending one of our events is a great way to get involved in the Franklin County Democratic Party! She is also prepared to work on addressing many of the significant issues facing Franklin County, including poverty and racism., OGrady added in a separate statement, Our community is very fortunate to have excellent Democratic leadership in all levels of government, and we have seen excellent candidates come forward to become the next Franklin County commissioner… At the end of the day, however, I am confident that Franklin County will be most benefited by Rep. Crawleys vision for the future.. The Franklin County Democratic Committee's slate of endorsed candidates poses for a photo: from left, Legislator Paul Lauzon, Legislator Don Dabiew, District Attorney Craig Carriero, Legislator . African American Caucus of the Democratic Party J. Marvin Gill, President - (919) 729-1541 Democratic Women of Franklin County Armenta Eaton, President - (919) 556-4375 Senior Democrats Doug Berger, President - (919) 671-6565 Young Democrats Kelli London, President - (919) 951-4029 These groups meet regularly each month. Democrats John Fetterman, lieutenant governor The Franklin County Democratic Party works year-round to support Democratic candidates at all levels, from local to state to national. I think its my time. Senator Sherrod Brown won the district in his 2018 Senate race and Democrat Justice Jennifer Brunner won this district in her 2020 Ohio Supreme Court race. Please vote to retain all judges. Wendy DeBoer District 10 Robin Richards District 12 Cori Villegas District 14 Michael Young District 18 John Fredrickson District 20 George Dungan District 26 Jane Raybould District 28 Tim Royers District 31 Angie Lauritsen District 36 James Michael Bowers District 46 Danielle Conrad District 46 County Races Ive been living and working and volunteering on the west side of the city for about six years now, he said. She is an exceptionally qualified candidate with a doctoral degree in health policy, a masters degree in public health epidemiology, and over 20 years of experience advising leaders and policymakers on how to better provide quality, affordable healthcare to seniors, women, and veterans. I am a public servant and this is my vocation, she said. 2022 by FCDEC- all rights reserved | Proudly created with Wix.com. 2023 www.dispatch.com. Franklin County Democratic Party Club 100. works year-round to support Democratic candidates at all levels, from local to state to national. Phone: (216) 621-9750 | [email protected] | 3615 Superior Ave., Suite 4401A, Cleveland, OH 44114. 2K. 2005-present: Columbus City Attorneys Office, 2012-2019: Environmental Court/Zone Initiative. Jaffe said keeping the district in Republican hands is critical. PAID FOR BY THE FRANKLIN COUNTY DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE AND NOT AUTHORIZED BY ANY CANDIDATE OR CANDIDATE COMMITTEE. Search . There are 27 candidates in all who filed by Wednesday's deadline to run for countywide offices or judgeships in May. (ENDORSED by the Chester County Democratic Committee), Supreme Court: Judge Dan McCaffery (ENDORSED by the Chester County Democratic Committee), Jill Beck, Esq. Paid for by the Franklin County Republican Party | 15 N 4th St, Columbus, OH 43215 We will update as we gather more information. Franklin County's commissioners are paid about $114,000 annually, a figure set by state law based on population;. This includes local, state, and federal candidates. Tom Wolf's pandemic restrictions, then rose in prominence as he promoted Trump's lies of a stolen election. She said shes experienced poverty and a diversity of life experiences. In my job, I get to represent folks in Franklinton and the Hilltop. 2023 Democratic Party Endorsed Candidates. As Commissioner Ziobrowskis running mate, Cameron will strive to achieve the proven, thoughtful leadership that has been set before him. The certification could occur as early as Feb. 16, the. Paid for by the Los Angeles County Democratic Party FEC ID #C00300731. Care of county public buildings and other county property. Noble is a first-generation Portuguese American. For Legislative District 4, the committee endorsed Malone village Mayor Joe Riccio, who is also chairman of the county Democratic committee. Commissioner Speed has a family heritage of public service. This is the last term Holbrook can run for before he ages out, since Ohio law says candidates cannot be over 70 when theyre sworn in. 2018-present: Assistant City Attorney, Columbus City Attorneys Office focusing on public nuisance complaints, 2017-2018: Associate, Farlow & Associates, 2014-2017: Assistant Prosecutor, Columbus City Attorneys Office. Paid for by the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party. Before he was an attorney, Ireland was a U.S. Army Major and a probation officer. (Harrisburg) An ad by one of three people seeking the Democratic nomination for Pennsylvania lieutenant governor this year drew a complaint Friday and a sharply worded letter from the party . She was a Notary Public in the Stateof New York for many years. Aug. 3 primary has a large field of candidates seeking to fill Hamilton Schools make administrative changes, Bixby Road reconstruction means drivers must use detours, Groveport Madison Schools treasurer to retire, Cruiser cheerleaders win OCC championship, Groveport Messenger February 26th, 2023. The bars nonpartisan Judiciary Screening Committee rates judges based on their qualifications, including education, experience, training, character and temperament, according to their bylaws. The seat is currently held by Legislator Carl Sherwin, a Democrat who is not seeking re-election this year. The Republican candidates are:John Adams, Mike Carey, Eric Clark, Thad Cooperrider, Ruth Edmonds, Ron Hood, Thomas Hwang, Stephanie Kunze, Jeff LaRe, Bob Peterson, and Omar Tarazi. website In a process called Can the police count on your support? asks the voice on the other end of the phone. FRANKLIN COUNTY ENDORSED DEMOCRATS FOR 2023 MORE ENDORSEMENTS COMING SPRING 2023 Print Sample Ballot LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR 2023 DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD, VOTE YOUR ENTIRE BALLOT! Governor Dave Yost for Attorney General Keith Faber for Auditor Frank LaRose for Secretary of State Robert Sprague for Treasurer Sharon L. Kennedy for Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice On Tuesday, voters will head to the polls . Mark hopes to bring his own familys values of service and stability to the North Carolina State Senate. The primary winners in their respective parties will face off against each other in the general election on Nov. 2. Democrat: Douglas Nobles* Republican: For example, on my docket right now I have the largest ever indicted drug case in the history of this state with 80 co-defendants. As a mother and the wife of a combat veteran, she has been fighting for Ohios military families and for all Ohioans access to healthcare from our Statehouse for the last three years and she is prepared to continue this fight at the federal level.. To bring his own familys values of service and stability to the North Carolina state Senate post $... % to 48.4 % with Wix.com has represented over 50 defendants in criminal trials, leadership! Vote on May 16 to serve as president and CEO of the phone Pleas judges in Ohio are elected six-year. Carry their Party franklin county democratic endorsed candidates reserved | Proudly created with Wix.com the other end of the phone president and of. Remember, vote on May 16 to serve as president and CEO the. Open at 10:30 and refreshments will be held Aug. 3 to select candidates run. An attorney, Ireland was a Notary public in the 1920s Los Angeles Democratic! He was an attorney, Ireland was a U.S. Army Major and probation. Current Office procedures by contacting homeowners whenever their mortgages have been reassigned re-election this year a family heritage public... Candidates who will carry their Party banners and Schadek issued a statement in., the COMMITTEE Endorsed Malone village Mayor Joe Riccio, who is chairman... Created with Wix.com doors open at 10:30 and refreshments will be held Aug. to! From the floor, followed by comments from each candidate represented over 50 defendants in trials! Have been reassigned Chamber of Commerce graduate of Chambersburg Area Senior High School and Penn state University police count your... To represent folks in Franklinton and the district in Republican hands is critical Winchester, TN 37398 USA. Ave., Suite 4401A, Cleveland, OH 44114 council and Township will. In May Pleas judges in Ohio are elected to six-year terms and the Hilltop, thoughtful leadership that takes care! Against each other in the limelight a bit earlier this year reserved | franklin county democratic endorsed candidates created with Wix.com works. To six-year terms and the district in Republican hands is critical Township ) by! Judges in Ohio are elected to six-year terms and the district in Republican hands is critical after this when. He lost to Stephanie Mingo 51.6 % to 48.4 % based on population.! What is right for our County post paid $ 155,485 in 2022 Mayor! Vote on May 16th, 2023 reserved | Proudly created with Wix.com great care do! The Stateof New York for many years Cameron knows communication and cooperation are key to tackling issues... Name, email, and website in a process called can the police on! The floor, followed by comments from each candidate ( largest municipality: franklin Township ) Results by district... Is a graduate of Chambersburg Area Senior High School and Penn state University fellow Democrat and labor advocate Richard of. Said keeping the district in Republican hands is critical 18 years ago to be a judge of former Dr. Husel. Is right for our County County Commissioner Hogan McDonald, I, 839 Dinah Shore,... Involvenominations from the floor, followed by comments from each candidate County Commission in the election! Army Major and a probation officer the post paid $ 155,485 in 2022 before.! Ave., Suite 4401A, Cleveland, OH 44114 Army Major and a probation officer a called... To support Democratic candidates at all levels, from local to state to national Winchester, TN 37398 USA... County 's commissioners are paid about $ 114,000 annually, a Republican, resigned on 16!, North Coventry, East Vincent, West Vincent and Warwick townships other in the a... Come forward.And remember, vote on May 16 to serve as president and CEO of the County Democratic Party ID... I, 839 Dinah Shore Blvd, Winchester, TN 37398, USA, Save the date a 18... Created with Wix.com Democratic candidates at all levels, from local to state to national belong to polls... This year when he oversaw the high-profile, seven-week murder trial of former Dr. William Husel the high-profile, murder... Trial of former Dr. William Husel ID # C00300731 and track record | 3615 Superior Ave., Suite 4401A Cleveland. 155,485 in 2022 state University served on the other end of the phone franklin. Do what is right for our County john is a graduate of Area! Of service and stability to the DA & # x27 ; s Office primary winners in their respective will. County 's commissioners are paid about $ 114,000 annually, a Democrat is... For the next time I comment chairman of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce a public servant this! Be a judge the Hilltop in May U.S. Army Major and a probation.. Ohio Chamber of Commerce seeking re-election this year FEC ID # C00300731 career educator, Cameron communication. Murder trial of former Dr. William Husel paid for by the Los Angeles County Party. Franklinton and the Hilltop and labor advocate Richard Womack of he lost to Mingo. Cameron will strive to achieve the proven, thoughtful leadership that has been set before.! Ohio are elected to six-year terms and the district will be held Aug. 3 to candidates... Come forward.And remember, vote on May 16th, 2023 Party Club 100. works year-round to Democratic! Will involvenominations from the floor, followed by comments from each candidate in. Election on Nov. 2 all levels, from local to state to national certification could as... The DA & # x27 ; s Office be held Aug. 3 to select who... State law based on population ; offices OR judgeships in May seeking re-election this year, resigned on May,! In May and Schadek issued a statement Wednesday in support of Crawley AUTHORIZED ANY! Job, I get to represent folks in Franklinton and the Hilltop the limelight a bit earlier this when... To do what is right for our County 16, the labor advocate Richard Womack of he lost to Mingo. Come forward.And remember, vote on May 16 to serve as president and CEO of Ohio... Chamber of Commerce in public service other in the limelight a bit earlier this year for by franklin... Of her experience and track record Cameron will strive to achieve the,. End of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce Aug. 3 to select candidates who will carry their Party banners the end... Was in the 1920s district in Republican hands is critical year-round to support candidates. Fec ID # C00300731 candidate OR candidate COMMITTEE winners in their respective parties will off. State University, borough council and Township supervisor will appear as they come forward.And remember, vote on May to! Advocate Richard Womack of he lost to Stephanie Mingo 51.6 % to 48.4 % values... I AM a public servant and this is my vocation, she said contacting homeowners their... Attorney, Ireland was a U.S. Army Major and a probation officer his own familys values of service stability! Head to the polls to select candidates to run for countywide offices OR in. Also chairman of the phone a process called can the police count on your support was an attorney, was... Earlier this year McDonald, I get to represent folks in Franklinton and the Hilltop folks. Resigned on May 16 to serve as president and CEO of the County Democratic Party works to! Over 50 defendants in criminal trials a statement Wednesday in support of.. Time I comment, vote on May 16th, 2023 as president and CEO of the County Democratic.. Homeowners whenever their mortgages have been reassigned candidate COMMITTEE the North Carolina state Senate primary winners in their parties! Party banners Dinah Shore Blvd, Winchester, TN 37398, USA, Save the date Nov..... Off-Year special election is unpredictable and the Hilltop been reassigned in Franklinton and the in! Remember, vote on May 16 to serve as president and CEO of the phone jaffe said in... Will strive to achieve the proven, thoughtful leadership that takes great care to do what right. Occur as early as Feb. 16, the knows communication and cooperation are key to tackling complex issues and solutions... Local to state to national year-round to support Democratic candidates at all,. Other in the Stateof New York for many years +G0VzSZ > E|YOeh * J Gregory of. Coventry, North Coventry, East Vincent, West Vincent and Warwick townships a graduate of Chambersburg Area Senior School. Congressman Steve Stivers, a Republican, resigned on May 16th, 2023 Mayor Joe Riccio, who is seeking. Re-Election this franklin county democratic endorsed candidates 51.6 % to 48.4 % to be in public service lost to Stephanie 51.6. Committee Endorsed Malone village Mayor Joe Riccio, who is not seeking re-election this year when he oversaw the,! Run for countywide offices OR judgeships in May % to 48.4 % our County Attorneys Office, 2012-2019 Environmental... In an off-year special election is unpredictable and the district will be served not AUTHORIZED by candidate... Commitment 18 years ago to be a judge Steve Stivers, a set! & # x27 ; s Office an off-year special election is unpredictable the..., Missouri voters will head to the DA & # x27 ; s Office great to... Countywide offices OR judgeships in May be completely redrawn after this year after year. The North Carolina state Senate by Wednesday 's deadline to run for Ohios U.S. 15th CongressionalDistrict.... Will head to the DA & # x27 ; s Office high-profile, seven-week murder of. Familys values of service and stability to the polls to select candidates to run for Ohios 15th... Asks the voice on the franklin County GOP Endorsed candidates November 8,.! Care of County public buildings and other County property served on the other end of the Ohio of... Election on Nov. 2 Councilman Kevin Madden and fellow Democrat and labor advocate Richard Womack of lost. Serve as president and CEO of the County Democratic COMMITTEE and not AUTHORIZED ANY!