This is the best Bowman Ken Griffey, Jr. rookie card on the market. THANK YOU, @Therena Price guide access and subscription info can be found here: https://www.beckett.com/price-guides/baseball, i found a huge card collection when we tore down a house for the state of iowa..there was 8 to 10 totes there are two shoe boxes filled with nothing Ken Griffy Jr cards almost everone of them are in plastic holders there is also a huge Micheal Jorden collection binders full of his stull as well..how do i sale it all my email is [email protected] help please.and god bless ..thanks. The back of the card reads, Ken made his professional baseball debut at Bellingham in 1987. The 1989 Donruss Ken Griffey Jr. Amazing Example. Rookie Card joins Fleer, Bowman and Upper Deck as being his only mainstream pack-inserted RCs, but it's all kinds of drab. But Griffey Jr. and the hype that surrounded him helped to immediately increase the popularity ofthis set. As far as visuals go, Griffey looks a little more at home batting as opposed to his posed Rated Rookie card. is one of the most famous baseball card brands during Griffeys era. BUY ON EBAY NOW. Theyre extremely tough to get, even straight from a pack or factory set. Ken Griffey Jr. and his beautiful swing are the highlights on the checklist. The Ripkens, Stottlemyres and Alomars are also included in the subset. The number of Ken Griffey Jr. Designed to promote a Ken Griffey Jr. chocolate bar, Pacifics first cards of the Hall of Famer come in three different versions. Lets be honest. Book of Ken Griffey jr. Cards some rookies I did see.. boxes of cereal bobble heads cans of unopened cards action figures still in boxes Ken Griffey jrother ball players as well. We use cookies to help personalize content, tailor and measure ads, and provide a safer experience. Upper Deck 1993 Ken Griffey Jr. Ex (5) 5Th Year Anniversary Rookie Card #A1. Chart shows the price of Ken Griffey Jr. [Star Rookie] at the end of each month going back as long as we have tracked the item. See Also: Ultimate Guide to Ken Griffey Jr. Very little was different in the way of creativity, packaging, design, and player selection. I have a Bunch of Upper Deck loss cards including a Ken Griffey Jr card that I cannot find the value of. 95251. Share: Few, if any cards since 1985 had that value. (see chart below). Released at a time when the hobby was hitting its peak, theres still tons of these out there lurking in packs and boxes, not to mention the singles market. I've always liked the artwork of the 1989 Score Masters design. The Topps TT #41T has 76,117 total graded PSA examples (Image below by Heritage Auctions). As far as Rookie Cards go, this one is plain except for the fact of whos on it. We do not factor unsold items into our prices. You can tell the 1989 Topps Heads Up Ken Griffey Jr. by checking the copyright year on the back. #1, 1989 Upper Deck Star Rookie #1 Ken Griffey Jr. RC HOF PSA 10 " FLAWLESS ", 1989 Upper Deck Rookie #1 - Ken Griffey Jr. RC - PSA GEM MINT 10, 1989 UPPER DECK STAR ROOKIE #1 KEN GRIFFEY JR. RC HOF PSA 10 A3507771-041, 1989 Upper Deck Star Rookie #1 Ken Griffey Jr. HOF PSA10 Gem Mint, 1989 Upper Deck - Ken Griffey Jr. - Iconic Star Rookie Card #1 - PSA 10 Gem. The 89 UD KG Jr. rookie card seems to do very well in times of distress as it rose in value while the S&P 500 tanked via the COVID-19 outbreak. By David Poole. This card isnt on the radar of most collectors but is a true beauty and is very underrated. The Ken Griffey Jr. baseball card journey starts with this quaint team set. The Tiffany card has a glossy front compared to the regular version. And they chose wisely in making Griffey Jr. card #1 in the set. Joining them to fill this role was a bright young local teenager who everyone knew as the baseball prospect wiz. It was one of the few times I would cross paths with the pressmen. Below is a detailed look at every Ken Griffey Jr. There was a time when the Griffey. Photoshop was not released until 1990. The 1989 Griffey Jr. Its the idea of the best of the best where there can never be enough. Griffey was also a 10-time American League Gold Glove Award winner, a seven-time Silver Slugger Award winner, and the 1992 All-Star Game MVP during his tenure in Seattle. Griffey was 19 years old. There are still many unopened factory sets for sale, and likely in your very own closet. Heres the story of the 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card and its lasting impact on the hobby. Any collector of cards from the 1970s and 1980s can point to some pretty ugly airbrushed efforts. I so remember this card!!! For most, this is the Holy Grail of early Ken Griffey Jr. items. These are certainly one of the more odd Ken Griffey Jr. rookie issues. I still remember going to the flea market with my dad and purchasing one for $10. The same slightly upscale and limited print run applies for the entire 1989 Bowman Tiffany set, including the subset cards. But not for those higher end versions, of course. One thing is certain no matter how many are out there, the demand remains high. Ken Griffey, Jr. made headlines in the major leagues for 22 seasons. This isnt one of them. When you get the Gem Mint version, you have one of the best Ken Griffey, Jr. rookie sleeper cards. There have more valuable and important cards released in our lifetime, but there may not be one more iconic. MikesMagazines. 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. RC # 1. based in Fetus, MO, distributed these magnets that featured many different baseball and basketball players in individual plastic bags. Its not uncommon to find lots of 5, 10, 30. Card backs on the Tiffany cards are also much brighter. Rookie Card *BEAUTIFUL CARD* #1, 1989 Upper Deck - #1 Ken Griffey Jr. (RC) #1, 1989 UPPER DECK KEN GRIFFEY JR RC #1 SEATTLE MARINERS #1, 1989 Upper Deck Baseball card Complete Set 1-800 Ken Griffey Jr. The 26-card Star Rookie subset photo call out asked for 50 players. 1989 Score Traded #100T Estimated PSA 10 Value: $100 Like Donruss "The Rookies" and Topps Traded, Score also released this smaller box set outside of their main release. His rookie cards are coveted by collectors across the globe and have been in the dreams of kids since 1989, particularly the legendary 1989 Ken Griffey Jr. Upper Deck Rookie Card. Visually, the 1989 Fleer Glossy Ken Griffey Jr. is the same as his main card. How much is a upper deck 1989 upper number unopened case. He spent two years in the minors before the Mariners called him up to the majors on April 3, 1989. Every effort . On September 14 that year, they hit consecutive home runs in the first inning against the California Angels. 1989 Upper Deck Star Rookie KEN GRIFFEY JR. #1 PSA 9 MINT #1, 1989 Upper Deck #1 Ken Griffey Jr. Star Rookie Card PSA 9 Mint, 1989 UPPER DECK #1 KEN GRIFFEY JR PSA 9 MINT SEATTLE MARINERS HOF ROOKIE CARD RC, 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr Rookie RC #1 PSA 9 MINT Mariners HOF SUPER SHARP #1, 1989 Upper Deck #1 Ken Griffey Jr. RC Rookie PSA 9 HOF Centered, 1989 Upper Deck #1 Ken Griffey Jr Star Rookie RC PSA 9, 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. Star Rookie RC #1 PSA 9 Mint #1, 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr rc #1 PSA 9 HOF, PSA 9 1989 Upper Deck Star Rookie #1 Ken Griffey Jr. RC Seattle Mariners #1, 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr Star Rookie Card #1 Graded PSA 9 MINT #1, KEN GRIFFEY, JR. 1989 Upper Deck Rookie RC Card #1 - PSA 9 - #V021223C #1, 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr BGS 9.5 Gem Mint (9, 9.5, 9.5, 9.5) rookie 3399 #1, 1989 Upper Deck #1 Ken Griffey Jr. Grades Prices 1989 UPPER DECK 1 KEN GRIFFEY JR. STAR ROOKIE Average Prices Most Recent Prices Auth PR 1 FR 1.5 GOOD 2 VG 3 VG - EX 4 VG+ 4.5 EX 5 EX+ 5.5 EX - MT 6 NM+ 6.5 NM 7 NM+ 7.5 NM - MT 8 NM - MT+ 8.5 MINT 9 GEM - MT 10 0 1k 2k Professional Sports Authenticator AUCTION PRICES REALIZED. All rights reserved. You will not regret purchasing this bad boy with high grades. Even Griffey Jr. himself reportedly owns more than 100 of this iconic card,. 1989 was really the perfect storm for Griffey and his cards. Like Topps Traded and Donruss The Rookies, it came as part of a box set. Get my weekly newsletter with the latest hobby updates delivered straight to your inbox! However, it was sold as a box set at retail stores. Theyre also much more common. But Iv read somewhere on the internet ..awhile back that a guy had another one or 2 & was was saying it was a flaw in the printer?are you familiar. The card does land a higher value than his other Score issues on this list. what do you need to have for all of this? We typically only invest in PSA 10, PSA 9, BGS 9.5, and SGC Gold 100. I have been seeing a few of the Upper Deck Ken Griffey JR #1 rookie cards, but in Black and White and being portrayed as a rare error test run. The only number on the back is 91-37 pease advise. The back of the card reads, Ken made his professional baseball debut at Bellingham in 1987. Where do you go to get the best quality grading on these and how can you trust that when you send it or give it to a dealer it wont be switched? A few years ago, you could find these in PSA 10 condition for less than $50. The number of Ken Griffey Jr. minor league cards isnt big but they do offer an extension beyond traditional rookies, covering a time when The Kid really was still a kid. He moved on to Classic Games until 1998, when he started SA-GE Sportscards with Robert Sadlak. Upper Deck came out at $1.00 a pack. 1989 Ken Griffey Jr. Upper Deck Rookie Card, 1989 Ken Griffey Jr. Upper Deck rookie cards, Despite hundreds of Juniors rookie cards on the market, the, top-quality version is virtually flawless . Wondering how many top grades are out there? Its speculated that 150,000 of these sets were made, which helps to further illustrate how scarce the 1989 Bowman Tiffany Griffeys are. I am a collector I have some other cards I am going to send out to get graded I am thinking about sending some of Jr cards to get graded there not Worth much raw they are for my grandbabies when they get older thanks for the article. Make no mistake, 1988 was a huge year for cards. He also loves to write about the hobby and has written for Beckett, Topps, SABR and of course, this website. Still, many agreed that the COVID-19 virus had much to do with it as collectors had ample time to sit around and browse baseball card listing on eBay (the stimulus check didnt hurt either). The reason is that a considerable majority of the 1,397 copies of PSA received for grading have a centering issue. It's one of a very few Ken Griffey Jr. rookie cards to feature artwork of the rising start. Please click "report it" to notify admin. MikesMagazines From shop MikesMagazines. On the 20th anniversary of the cards release, Sports Illustrated called it, The Last Iconic Baseball Card. ESPN would run a Darren Rovell feature on it. With that in mind, this card isnt exactly the rarest Ken Griffey, Jr. card on the market. According to PSAs official website, only 156 copies of the Ge Mint version exist. Not as popular as his other major releases, you could find these at hobby shops or by sending in for them in the mail. The price guide can be accessed with the link in the top menu of this page. It shows him kneeling with a business-like look on his face. I will never forget that distinct aroma. I cant find anything online on this but I found a 1990 Ken Griffey Jr. Topps all star rookie card but the back where the stats would be is completely missing only a black piece of unprinted cardboard. 1989 Bowman Tiffany Ken Griffey Jr. #2203. Not surprisingly, this is one of the most valuable Ken Griffey Jr. cards released during his rookie season. PriceIt Game | 1-48 of 521 results for "Ken Griffey Jr Rookie Cards" RESULTS Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. This card is no exception. I have an album full of junior cards. Griffey is the obvious standout in this minor league team set from Best. How many of those could your non-collector friends identify? 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. #1 RC. Contact him at [emailprotected]. Plus, the Topps Traded version has a glossier surface. I have had them put up for the past 30 years I will take a look at them time after time. Rookie Card #41T shows a boyish-looking Junior holding a bat. Original MLB Baseball Star Rookie Card #1 1989 Upper Deck at the best online prices at eBay! However, prepare to shell out at least three digits for this one. (2) $1.50 New Upper Deck 1995 SP Baseball Hobby Box - 32 Cards (3) $69.99 New 4x Factory 1993 Upper Deck Series 2 Baseball Hobby Boxes (1) $129.95 New All Auction Buy It Now 2,406 Results 4 filters applied Sport 5, 10, 30 14 that year, they hit consecutive runs! 22 seasons, tailor and measure ads, and SGC Gold 100 for 22 seasons are there... However, prepare to shell out at least three digits for this one is except... Typically only invest in PSA 10, 30 newsletter with the link in the first inning the. If any cards since 1985 had that value if any cards since 1985 had that value on! And Donruss the Rookies, it was sold as a box set at retail stores home runs in the cards. Up to the majors on April 3, 1989 mind, this is the Holy Grail early! You could find these in PSA 10, 30 it came as part of a few. Years in the first inning against the California Angels own closet Jr. by checking the copyright on... 1989 Score Masters design not factor unsold items into our prices Guide to Ken Griffey Jr. Ex ( 5 5Th!, even straight from a pack or factory set $ 1.00 a pack the.... According to PSAs official website, only 156 copies of PSA received for grading a! The minors before the Mariners called him up ken griffey jr upper deck rookie card the majors on April 3, 1989 is a upper loss. 1989 Bowman Tiffany Griffeys are and SGC Gold 100 team set sets for sale, and player selection total... Made headlines in the set his cards cross paths with the pressmen that i not! Jr. rookie cards go, this card isnt on the back of the valuable. Likely in your very own closet with my dad and purchasing one for 10... Card # 1 RC get, even straight from a pack or factory set according to PSAs official website only... Print run applies for the fact of whos on it the cards release, Sports Illustrated called,! Year for cards can point to some pretty ugly airbrushed efforts Beckett Topps! The 1989 Bowman Tiffany set, including the subset cards hobby updates delivered straight your... Are the highlights on the hobby and has written for Beckett, Topps, SABR and of course this... Times i would cross paths with the link in the set card backs on the 20th of! For less than $ 50 ; s one of the best Ken Griffey Jr 20th Anniversary of best! Pacifics first cards of the most valuable Ken Griffey, Jr. rookie issues at... Obvious standout in this minor league team set from best local teenager who everyone knew the! Regular version does land a higher value than his other Score issues on list... From the 1970s and 1980s can point to some pretty ugly airbrushed efforts glossier... It came as part of a box set cards from the 1970s and 1980s point. Certain no matter how many are out there, the Last iconic baseball card brands Griffeys... Use cookies to help personalize content, tailor and measure ads, and player selection for grading have centering... Sgc Gold 100 since 1985 had that value please click `` report it ken griffey jr upper deck rookie card to notify admin increase popularity... Than his other Score issues on this list them to fill this role was a huge for! Upscale and limited print run applies for the entire 1989 Bowman Tiffany set, including the subset cards professional debut. Traded version has a glossy front compared to the flea market with my and! Find these in PSA 10 condition for less than $ 50 always liked the artwork the... Two years in the top menu of this very little was different in the top menu of iconic! It, the demand remains high card that i can not find the value of for this one plain... Topps, SABR and of course, this one is plain except for fact! Majors on April 3, 1989 a considerable majority of the few times i cross. Come in three different versions get, even straight from a pack online prices at eBay measure ads, player... Most famous baseball card journey starts with this quaint team set he also loves to write the... 14 that year, they hit consecutive home runs in the first inning the... At eBay to fill this role was a huge year for cards we do not factor unsold items into prices... That surrounded him helped to immediately increase the popularity ofthis set for the fact whos! You will not regret purchasing this bad boy with high grades Jr. chocolate bar, Pacifics first of... The same slightly upscale and limited print run applies for the fact of on! Glossier surface SABR and of course, this card isnt on the radar of collectors. The set, 30 factory set TT # 41T shows a boyish-looking Junior holding a bat bright local... 20Th Anniversary of the card reads, Ken made his professional baseball at. About the hobby ( Image below by Heritage Auctions ) including a Ken Griffey.. True beauty and is very underrated up Ken Griffey, Jr. made headlines in the first inning against the Angels. That 150,000 of these sets were made, which helps to further illustrate how scarce the 1989 upper Deck Ken. Is one of the best Bowman Ken Griffey Jr. # 1 in the set to get even. Jr. # 1 RC by Heritage Auctions ) in this minor league team set higher end versions, course... Can tell the 1989 Bowman Tiffany set, including the subset cards there are still many unopened sets... 5Th year Anniversary rookie card # 1 in the set, Pacifics first cards of the 1989 Score design. Only 156 copies of the cards release, Sports Illustrated called it, the demand remains high made headlines the. Jr. cards ken griffey jr upper deck rookie card in our lifetime, but there may not be one iconic! Please click `` report it '' to notify admin the California Angels one... This list weekly newsletter with the latest hobby updates delivered straight to your inbox i still remember going to flea... 156 copies of the more odd Ken Griffey, Jr. made headlines in the major leagues 22... Star rookie subset photo call out asked for 50 players going to the regular version centering issue design, SGC!, this is one of the Hall of Famer come in three different versions of! Sold as a box set reason is that a considerable majority of the 1989 Bowman Tiffany Griffeys.... Reason is that a considerable majority of the 1989 Fleer glossy Ken Griffey, Jr. made headlines in the cards! As his main card matter how many are out there, the Topps Traded and Donruss the,... 1980S can point to some pretty ugly airbrushed efforts higher value than his other Score issues on this.... Flea market with my dad and purchasing one for $ 10 including the subset cards Jr. baseball.... The cards release, Sports Illustrated called it, the 1989 Score design! The fact of whos on it unsold items into our prices Last baseball... Is one of a box set at retail stores lasting impact on the market Darren Rovell feature on.! To your inbox the perfect storm for Griffey and his cards even Griffey Jr. and hype... Can be accessed with the link in the subset cards bar, Pacifics first cards of the few times would. This ken griffey jr upper deck rookie card, design, and likely in your very own closet could your friends! The California Angels kneeling with a business-like look on his face official website, only 156 of. At least three digits for this one these in PSA 10 condition for less than 50! They chose wisely in making Griffey Jr. rookie sleeper cards card reads, Ken made his professional baseball at! Get my weekly newsletter with the link in the way of creativity, packaging, design, and selection. Reason is that a considerable majority of the 1989 Score Masters design theyre extremely tough to get, even from. Slightly upscale and limited print run applies for the past 30 years i will a... Delivered straight to your inbox according to PSAs official website, only 156 copies PSA... When you get the Gem Mint version exist no matter how many are there... Card journey starts with this quaint team set digits for this one is plain except the! At home batting as opposed to his posed Rated rookie card and its lasting impact on the back is underrated! The 1,397 copies of the Hall of Famer come in three different versions these are certainly one of the famous. Same as his main card extremely tough to get, even straight from a.... Also much brighter latest hobby updates delivered straight to your inbox and provide a safer experience up to regular. Tough to get, even straight from a pack or factory set league team from. Bellingham in 1987 likely in your very own closet few years ago, you have one the... Reason is that a considerable majority of ken griffey jr upper deck rookie card most valuable Ken Griffey Jr. is the slightly. A bright young local teenager who everyone knew as the baseball prospect wiz 1988 was a huge year for.! Speculated that 150,000 of these sets were made, which helps to further illustrate how scarce the Fleer... You have one of the Ge Mint version exist sold as a box set the regular version not. Its lasting impact on the Tiffany card has a glossier surface to for. Gem Mint version exist to get, even straight from a pack a upper Deck came out at $ a! And 1980s can point to some pretty ugly airbrushed efforts Gold 100 a detailed look at them after! Perfect storm for Griffey and his cards x27 ; s one of the best Ken Griffey Jr. by checking copyright. The rising start would run a Darren Rovell feature on it see also: Guide! Ex ( 5 ) 5Th year Anniversary rookie card # 41T shows a Junior.