I have a few more vintage American-made knives, as well as WW2 era combat knives and bayonets, scarce WW1 and WW2 fighting daggers and trench knives from other countries available for sale please take a look in our Militariasection. The 4 belt loop is 1 wide and is secure by a pair of brass rivets that have a deeply oxidized patina and some green surface verdigris. Untitled Document PLEASE VISIT MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR ANTIQUE, VINTAGE OR COLLECTIBLE 385445276687 The only differences between the two Kinfolks variants is that one was maker marked and the other was not, making it a sterile knife. The TC marking shows that the blade was made of Tungsten Carbide, a material that Kinfolks started using in 1957. A similar Kinfolks mid-war manufacture type with than-standard Bakelite fittings is illustrated on page 166 of the KNIVES OF THE UNITED STATES MILITARY WORLD WAR II book by Michael W Silvey a well-established expert and author of many books on the subject of US military edged weapons (see the pages scan attached). Ended: Feb 24, 2023. This is a typical mid-war production type with a simple Bakelite guard, fullered 5-inch blade, and a simple undecorated "plain" leather scabbard. Kinfolk Hunting Collectible Fixed Blade Knives. Vintage Japanese Lacquerware Jewelry Music Box Works!! Website. Improve this listing. View cart for details. All that can contribute to making it harder to know when these knives came from. The survival machete has been known by collectors as theV-44 Survival Knifefor many years, but most current researchers feel the name is inaccurate and is not a period term. I know my knives - maybe not as well as my mother - but enough to write helpful guides for you. Awarded many contracts during the period from 1939 to 1945, Kinfolks produced a significant number of knives in several different patterns which helped our men in the field and in the air with a quality tool when needed. Later production Case V-44s adopted poured lead rivets to secure the grips instead of the brass rivets. Atlanta, Georgia 30328 | 877.481.5750. Kinfolks Inc. PAL Pal Blade & Tool Co. / PAL Robeson Robeson Cutlery Co. Utica : Utica Cutlery Co. / Utica Viner . Search our products for it! #331 , 3 3/8" blade, 6 7/8" overall, Kinfolks Authorized Reproduction (CASE) Bone Muskrat Knife NIB - Nice Bone Handles - No Cracks - Nickel Silver Bolsters - Brass Liners - Snaps Open and Shut - No Wobble - Very Nice Unused Kinfolks Authorized Reproduction (CASE) 61050 Bone Coke Bottle Knife NIB - Nice Bone Handles - No Cracks - Nickel Silver Bolsters - Brass Liners - Snaps Open and Shut - No Wobble - Very Nice 3 3/8" closed knife. Click below to begin your paid subscription. SKIP. Overall this is a very attractive and eminently displayable example of the classic World War II eraV-44 Survival Knife. Would you care to respond to these allegations? The scabbard is in great condition with crisp markings and completely in tact leather and stitching. TheWestern V-44offered here is in aboutFINEcondition. XLVIII No. Handle have no cracks, does have a spot where someone sanded a spot. The original knife was the, The survival machete has been known by collectors as the, The machete really resembled the oversized Bowie knives often encountered in images of early Civil War Confederate soldiers, as opposed to a traditional machete. It is in its original brown tooled leather scabbard with rear belt loop. The first two used the horn grip scales, initially secure by brass rivets as noted and the only difference between them was the type of blade stamping identifying the knife and the maker. ! Offered is a genuine WWII U.S. Military fighting knife manufactured by the Kinfolks Cutlery Company. Rare, Others give only a very vague date when the original Kinfolks company was making its knives and nothing more. Picture 1 of 10. Most items being shipped will average between $20.00 and $25.00 shipping cost. eBay sent this message to john schmidt (jw517). Asking your trading partner to complete a transaction outside of eBay is not allowed. I know he was using it as far back as the 50's, but that's about it. Knives that have been refurbished are usually sharpened before Parkerizing, so no white line. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This attractive WW2 era Kinfolks fighting knife has not been cleaned or tampered with in any way, the set is in 100% original as is condition. A forum community dedicated to Smith & Wesson firearm owners and enthusiasts. I know that Case has used the Kinfolks logo on some of their new knives, and have read that the Kinfolks brand was part of the Case family. Case,R.C.,Pal,Utica. Kinfolks Knife U.s.a.wwii Fighting Knife Kinfolks U.s. Arms And The Man Vol. #3 Take it to the forums I wish I could help more but this is as far as my limited knowledge can take me. WW2 KINFOLKS NO. According to knife maker, researcher and author M.H. However, that beauty does come with some challenges in telling the exact era that the knife is from. Just a WAG, but you might be able to dial in a bit by researching the stamped logos on each side of the blade. The metal shows some light toning and scattered areas of age discoloration as well, but it completely free of any real pitting. Shop with confidence. These are the actual photos; spent brass is not included with the knife ? The original variant had an overall length of around 14 , +/- about with a clip point Bowie style blade that varied between about9 to 9 in length. The razor sharp AUS-6 stainless steel blade is double edged with a complete blood groove for an extreme cut when stabbed or slashed. The machete really resembled the oversized Bowie knives often encountered in images of early Civil War Confederate soldiers, as opposed to a traditional machete. We have to look out for each other, and the newer collectors. Feb 2, 2005. FREEUSPS PRIORITY MAIL SHIPPINGWITHIN THE U.S. FOR THIS ITEM. Just look at it and you would see the same thing. Kinfolks 6" fighting knife. It may come to nothing, but it might be a place to start. I would guess that those people are the same ones that are emailing me asking for Buy It Now prices and making me offers, lol. Sorry, you have Javascript Disabled! One very positive note, is the knives were not posted as a "starting bid of ", some very high dollar value. Enjoy! In that case, this book is also a good investment. Rare WW2-Robeson-U.S. M3 R.C. Your email address will not be published. This is shown with arrow. 2023 Cuts & Carves - Designed by O. Christopher, How to Date A Kinfolks Knife to A Specific Era, How to Date a Schrade Knife (+ Schrade Knife Collection Tang Stamp Chart), How to Date a Cattaraugus Knife (5 Methods Explained), How to Tell the Age of a Marbles Knife by Yourself (5 Methods), How to Date A Ka-Bar Knife (5 Unique Methods), How to Date Klein Knives to A Specific Year or Era (5 Methods), How to Date a Camillus Knife Effectively (1902 2007). Time of . Stacked leather washers handle with colored fiber and brass spacers on the ends; solid aluminum pommel with a large brass lug-nut. Kinfolks Founded by Dean Case, Russ Case and Tint Champlin Little Valley, New York 1925-1957 Literally founded by kin - cousins Dean and Russ Case, and Tint Champlin - the venture was to help W.R. Case & Sons and Cattaraugus Cutlery meet production demands for fixed-blade knives. The rare Western produced V-44s were a simplified version of the 3, The knife retains its original leather scabbard which is in about, Overall this is a very attractive and eminently displayable example of the classic World War II era, World Wars - Military (Other than edged weapons), Rare & Fine Kninfolks V-44 WWII Era Survival Knife, Exceptional National Armory Brown Springfield Model 1822 (1816 Type II) Flintlock Musket, Extremely Scarce and Fine Suhl 1861 Springfield Rifle Musket by Christian Funk, Rare Percussion Sharps Carbine and Rifle Combination Tool. Lots of questions! I know that Kinfolks made fixed blades and . Tags: Could be a fake. One of the most interesting things about this company is that they were founded in Little Valley, New York. The Kinfolks Cutlery variant is an extremely scare knife and the most difficult to find for sale, particularly in high condition. The sheath is also from Kinfolks and the model on the knife indicates that it is a 380. LIII No. In the post-war period Kinfolks returned to their pre-war production of utility, household and hunting knives, but by 1957 were unable to remain in business due to labor disputes. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The accompanying M8 scabbard was made by B.M. 13 (Dec. 21): The National Military And Sh, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. Pair of Kinfolks Bird&Trout knives , #933 , 3" blade, 6 1/8" overall, scratches and pitting,leather handle with dings and scuffs. One of the most common models today has the 568 TC USA marking on its blade. The tip of the scabbard shows the most wear, with some minor creasing at the scabbard tip. The brand name has since been resurrected. They, along with many other companies, also suffered when men in the company joined the war effort by enlisting even when they were deferred with required jobs at a cutlery as a specialized skill. I have covered some of them here for you: Those guides expose you to some insider tips and strategies to get the exact date of these knives, narrow down their era or simply confirm if you have the original thing. This was my dad's deer hunting knife and it sits in a gun safe, but I was wondering how old it might be. The knife is 14 5/8 in overall length, with the instantly recognizable 9 clip point Bowie blade. Old-fashioned checks and money orders will work just as well; please take a look at thePayments section within ourTerms and Conditionsfor mailing instructions and additional details. Items will be shipped USPS Priority mail based on a 2 lb. Poor 0. This one has a remade wrapped plastic grip. We've beat this dead horse. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. In 1965, Robeson ended production of Kinfolks knives. The knives had been in storage for many years, some of them for over forty. Original WW2 Kinfolks fighting knife, early-war 5-inch blade/early-war aluminum pommel private purchase fighter type; orig leather scabbard. The Collins made variant was initially produced with horn grip scales that were secured by brass rivets and had a brass cross guard with lobe shaped finials at the end that almost resembled a bar bell. All sales to/deals with Russia are void forever. Many hunters and fisherman carried them. Alternately, you can look for Facebook groups or other social media gatherings where you can find such knife experts. Find great deals on eBay for vintage kinfolks knives. This refers to the Flame Edge Super Hunter model which was made in the USA. The knife is about 9-5/8 / 24.4 cm overall; fullered blade is about 5 /12.7 cm long; it is very sharp still; the tip is intact. This little place is eco-friendly which is very nice ! My only intent was to have a determination regarding the authenticity as a WW2 Blade dated Kinfolks M3, with the goal of further education for the collector community here. Today, you and I are going to go through a journey that should, hopefully, help us estimate the founding date of your Kinfolks knife or what era it came from at the least. International shipping for this item will be $39 and up to most countries on our ship-to list. KINFOLKS 6 Inch WWII WW2 Fighting Knife W/Original Sheath *Very Rare*Made In USA Pre-Owned $125.00 Seller: jakd30 (14) 93.8% or Best Offer +$17.10 shipping Sponsored WWII WW2 USN USMC KINFOLKS 6 INCH FIGHTING KNIFE EXCELLENT CONDITION $325.00 Seller: vpt60 (1,008) 100% or Best Offer +$16.00 shipping Sponsored Traveler type. . eBay is committed to your privacy. The blade-dated RCC has the pommel staked wrong. The fibreglass has been repainted place. Of course, they were sharp and most of them are older than us, but that doesnt mean we lost interest. You can also check much larger forums such as BladeForums, AllAboutPocketKnives, or such other relevant picks. USA., Fixed Blade Hunting Knife, Leather Sheath, 9 3/8" Pre-Owned $129.95 Top Rated Plus or Best Offer Seller: allyeargolf (6,432) 100% Free shipping Free returns Sponsored T335 vintage hunting knife Kinfolks 330 with sheath Pre-Owned $49.99 Seller: lureabe (11,102) 99.6% Buy It Now +$6.00 shipping 13 watchers Sponsored They also made some pocket knives but most were belt knives. The knife comes with a leather M6 scabbard made by Milsco. Kinfolks 6 fighting knife. Sign up for a new account in our community. True, those origins are shrouded in a lot of poor occurrences but the knives stayed on to mark those eras and the good work of manufacturers in, Read More How to Tell the Age of a Marbles Knife by Yourself (5 Methods)Continue, Like it was with dating kissing crane knives, establishing the era that a Ka-bar knife came from can be a bit challenging. 56 Krinkles Poinsetta Stocking Ornament NIB, DISNEY Blue Felt Stocking- Aladdin & Jasmin-NEW, Hollywood Regency Brass & Crystal Candelabra Table Lamp, Wolverton Weirdos #1 Liz Sculpture Statue NEW MIB, 1930s Wrigley's Unused Chewing Gum Sticks, 2 Different. Looking for a particular book or back issue? WW2 era Kinfolks fighting knife, early-war aluminum pommel type; original leather scabbard $ 169.99 Original WW2 Kinfolks fighting knife, early-war 5-inch blade/early-war aluminum pommel "private purchase fighter" type; orig leather scabbard. Original Item: Only One Available. They are reluctant to take advice given here so they are just going to keep selling them I guess. Unless you are fascinated by these things, as am I. Kinfolks used to mark their knife blades, and those markings helped tell what era the knives came from. Original WW2 M3 USMC trench knife . He is also a contributor and Associate Editor of the print magazine. TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth. Of the 2,590,240 ordered by the U.S. Government, Kinfolks produced only 119,702, and was definitely one of the minor contractors. #1. Id rather give up now than give you a piece of misleading information anyway. Dismiss, Payments section within ourTerms and Condition, CASE XX USA limited edition Grizzly, Elk, Pheasant, Turkey scrimshaw Trapper knife made 2005-2006 (model 6254SS); scarce NIB with papers, Great Britain Cold War era NATO-issue 1988 ROYAL NAVY DECK KNIFE, original leather sheath; great condition. Case family cousins Dean and Russ Case, along with Tint Champlin started the company in 1925, in Little Valley New York to help provide production support and fixed blade knives to the other two companies.