"She was almost like an isolated person who came in," he said, adding that he wouldn't remember who might be getting charity supplies such as diapers. Use this to log in to your account, receive notifications and get handy updates from us. I couldn't pinpoint it.". Your search did not return any results. She was back working at the hospital during Garnett's visits in 2009. Police have questionedat least one of those nurses. She wrote a blog, "Garnett's Journey," subtitled "Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." Ex: myspace.com/. There's just one problem with this maternal picture: It isn't true. The nurse said she once witnessed Lacey lose her temper by holding her son's head underwater in a bathtub. "She had like everything Camryn ever needed," Burnham recalled. We explore how a woman whose existence centered on her only child became the focus of a police probe into whether her son was poisoned. She also had to pay a fine and attend drug rehab. Enter your email or username. This was a year or so before Lacey posted the MySpace photos claiming to be Jon Jon's mother, a development that prompted Autumn Hunt to . cayden with his little cousins he's going to be such a good big brother!! Lacey Spears knew she wouldn't be able to keep up her charade, so she tried to keep her son from exposing her secret by making it look like he died of a medi. They followed on Facebook as Lacey moved in 2010 from her hometown Decatur, Ala., to Clearwater, Fla., where she and "G" as he was known lived with Lacey's grandmother for a brief, idyllic time. Name. Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. When people told her how cute he was, and asked if he was her child, Lacey said yes. Lacey Spears' MySpace. Use one of your social networks or start fresh with an email address. As Garnett lay dying in Westchester Medical Center, Lacey phoned a friend at the Fellowship and asked her to get rid of one of the bags she used to feed Garnett through a tube in his abdomen. She said her daughter was partying all the time and needed the help. And I thought that was weird.". You can always edit this or any other info in settings after joining. Lacey Spears has denied doing anything to harm her son. The hard part is proving it. Before she gave birth to Garnett Spears on Dec. 3, 2008 whose death has brought second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter charges against Spears there was Autumn Hunt's son, Jonathon Strain, a boy Lacey Spears watched at day care and sometimes on weekends. . The toddler in the photos is Jonathon Strain, the boy Lacey Spears called "JonJon," whom she watched for nearly two years before Garnett was born in December 2008. "I went and looked. Lacey Spears and son Garnett move to Florida, but the happier times didn't last. Doctors, she said, never made her feel repeated ear infections were all that unusual. The last part of your Myspace URL. So I would try to sneak around. By that time, Burnham was a single mother to Camryn. When she was in high school, Spears did what her brother, Daniel, sister, Rebecca, and mother had done: She worked at Jack's burger place, where she was a cashier alongside Autumn Hunt. I was like, 'That's not Lacey's baby. When anyone does something opposite to what nature tells the average number of people in society they're mental faculties are blocked in some way that they do not think like a rational, prudent person. If his memory of Lacey and JonJon is unclear, Evans now knows who Garnett Spears was: At a recent service, he said, prayers were offered in memory of Garnett after "we looked on Facebook and saw pictures of the child.". A source familiar with the investigation said Dabbs-Anderson could be an important witness should Lacey be arrested and face trial. Some saw her as a great mom, attentive and caring. 0:05. Police in Westchester and Rockland counties are investigating whether Lacey fed Garnett life-threatening amounts of salt. Jury selection began Monday in the case of Spears, who was living in Chestnut Ridge, N.Y., at the time of her son's death. Twitter, MySpace and a blog. ". Comment Share. Use Facebook, Twitter or your email to sign in. He loved fried okra. You may already know people on Myspace. Lacey Spears. . "There were always pictures of him spending the night with her. He is, however, challenging Dabbs-Anderson's credibility. I heard this anonymous friend of hers being interviewed the woman wanted anonymity and her voice distorted because she admitted she had seen Lacy giving Garnet cold baths and then briefly drowning him, holding him underwater for a punishment and the woman said she just took Garnet away for several hours to help Lacy calm down rather than reporting her. I think it was anybody that needed help, she would offer. Lacey Spears,the so-called mommy blogger who was found guilty last month of second-degree murder for poisoning her 5-year-old son with deadly doses of salt, was sentenced Tuesday to20 years to life in prison for an "orchestrated series of actions" the judge deemed "unfathomable. Need help? That boy is not her son. Username. Part 3: Red flags, in and out of the hospital. That boy is not her son. The last part of your Myspace URL. Months later, their paths would cross regularly, when Burnham would bring one of her other children she now has three to the Child Care Network day care center where Spears was working. Found 2 people named Lacey Spears along with free Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok profiles on PeekYou - true people search. A part of the People / Entertainment Weekly Network. The toddler in the photos is Jonathon Strain, the boy Spears called "JonJon," whom she watched for nearly two years before Garnett was born in December 2008. If they had been sisters, that would have made Lacey Jonathon's aunt. (8 Apr 2015) POOL - AP CLIENTS ONLY White Plains, new York - April 8, 20151. Don't have a Myspace account yet? You may already know people on Myspace. "If you needed help, you'd call on Lacey," Hunt said. After he turned 2, there was no longer any issue with ear problems.". This is your queue. As Garnett lay dying in Westchester Medical Center, Spears phoned a friend at the Fellowship and asked her to get rid of one of the bags she used to feed Garnett through a tube in his abdomen. They also have questioned Lacey Spears' friends and family and sought Garnett's past medical records. They never did any more than that, coming to her house and coming to the hospital to see her, or monitoring when Garnett was in the hospital.". Show More; Lacey Sparks 104651790. So they admitted Garnett to the hospital and called DHR. We hope that you liked the 2000s trivia quiz we provided you with. When the boy, who lived with his mother in the secluded Fellowship Community in Chestnut Ridge, was airlifted from Nyack Hospital to Westchester Medical Center on Jan. 19, doctors found he had extreme levels of sodium in his system. We loaded your account with your Facebook details. The nurses showed Lacey how to feed Garnett, to go slowly, to hold him upright. No worries, joining is easy. A part of the People / Entertainment Weekly Network. Hitting > pauses the slideshow and goes forward. But she's at the center of a criminal probe after investigators found that her 5-year-old son, Garnett . 2023 www.lohud.com. And I'd want to call Autumn so bad and just be like, 'Don't do that. Press ESC to exit. MySpace and a blog and her . There's just one problem with this maternal picture: It isn't true. . Spears, an Alabama native, was living with her son in Chestnut Ridge, New York, when . I felt suspicious about that. Most little boys spend their first years on swings or in sandboxes. The normal range is 140 for infants. She was telling people that it was her son. The little blond boy beams in dozens of photos on Lacey Spears' MySpace page: in the bath, at the park, sitting on the counter with a bright red pacifier in his mouth. He vaguely recalls Lacey Spears coming to the church on Sundays during that period with a baby, alone, which seemed odd to him because mothers rarely come without a husband or other family. . You may be prompted by your browser for permission. Use Facebook, Twitter or your email to sign in. "And he would eat with us. We'll email instructions on how to reset your password. Garnett also would repeatedly suffer ear infections so severe he would end up in the hospital. Spears, it turns out, has a problem with the truth. We'll email instructions on how to reset your password. The focus of the probe is Spears, who police suspect may have fed potentially life-threatening amounts of salt to her son in a case of Munchausen by proxy, a psychiatric disorder that leads a parent to sicken a child to seek sympathy or attention. Hunt has a hard time thinking ill of her friend, and wondered aloud: "How do you cause an ear infection? There's just one problem with this maternal picture: It isn't true. The medical examiner has yet to rule on the cause of Garnett's death. Probably left the two that made her look best like all those pictures of him and everything like she's a loving mother. We explore how a woman whose existence centered on her only child became the focus of a police probe into whether her son was poisoned. "He was getting ear infections a lot," said Dabbs-Anderson, who told police investigating Garnett's death about them. Stream music on Myspace, a place where people come to connect, discover, and share. It wasn't the cold bath being sadist she was hoping to make him sick for another doctor visit so she could back in all that hoopla. Decatur's not that big of a town.". Hitting > pauses the slideshow and goes forward. The Department of Human Resources handles child protective services cases. If we find matches from the people you follow on Twitter, we'll connect you to them right away. "I was a single mom.". One is that JonJon would routinely get severe ear infections during the year-plus period Spears was his caretaker, and stopped getting them shortly after. A jury in the New York suburbs found Lacey Spears, of Scottsville, Kentucky, guilty of second-degree murder in the death last year of 5-year-old Garnett-Paul Spears. But you can pick one that's 25 characters or less and includes a letter. MySpace and a blog and her . Garnett would also repeatedly suffer ear infections so severe he would end up in the hospital. lol I don't know how far I'd have to go back to find any original comments from before he died. "That's the only reason I was friends with her, because I thought I could teach her how to mother Garnett, what to do for him, and how to love him and take care of him.". "If you needed a ride, somebody to cover your shift, she'd do it for you.". We'll email instructions on how to reset your password. "And on weekends when she had him, if I decided to stay out of town Sunday night, she'd say, 'Fine, I can take him to work with me.' This is your queue. Although the sentence imposed today by the Court is lengthily, we will continue to ensure that his mother is held accountable and that justice for Garnett Spears will be served in his memory," said District Attorney Janet DiFiore. She'd often open the place at 5:30 a.m. and still be happy to fill in for others and close up around 6 p.m. No worries, joining is easy. Imprint Publisher. "A lot of people thought we were sisters," Hunt said. ", Lacey shared her connection to Dabbs-Anderson on Twitter, on Nov. 13, 2009: "After Work I'm Going Shopping With My Loves, Garnett & Ginger. People; Songs; Albums; Videos; Photos; Articles . Glatt lays out the chilling picture of a troubled mother driven to kill her child." NY Daily News Lacey Spears made international headlines in January 2015 when she was charged with the "depraved mind" murder of her five . Westchester County Police subsequently launched an investigation. Numbers, dots and dashes are ok, too. Before he died, Westchester County, N.Y., police, the district attorney and Ramapo, N.Y., police began an investigation. Twitter, and MySpace (which apparently still exists). Having a child made you the center of attention for a short period of time. When she moved out of her parents' home after high school, Lacey didn't go far; she and her sister rented a two-bedroom place a few hundred yards away, in the Cedar Key Apartments. "To Lacey, Christy ought to be home with her baby.". We based it off your Twitter details. Kathy Hammack, who worked with Lacey at both centers, said she was great with children, routinely caring for five babies at a time. Police later seized the bag, which sources say contained a high concentration of sodium. The little blond boy beams in dozens of photos on Lacey Spears' MySpace page: in the bath, at the park, sitting on the counter with a bright red pacifier in his mouth. . I just thought that she was just overwhelmed.". We've emailed you instructions on how to reset your password. friend of Lacey Spears: She tried to drown son. I see John Glatt has written a book on it. We were both posting pictures of the same baby. "I didn't think the feeding tube was necessary because when he was with me he ate formula or baby food or food. The prosecution, which deemed Spearsacalculating child killer,argued that Spears documented false health updates. . You may already know people on Myspace. After multiple doctors found nothing wrong with him, they became suspi. Riley Vaughn, an on-air personality on the "Mojo Radio Show" in Athens, Ala., got to know Lacey in Decatur in the way people do in a small town. "Being a teen mom, everybody's your friend," Hunt said. "We were back and forth to the doctor. She'd often open the place at 5:30 a.m. and still be happy to fill in for others and close up around 6 p.m. Spears would spend weekdays with JonJon at day care and frequently take him home with her after work and keep him some weekends, putting him to bed in a crib that she had a neighbor assemble. Use this to log in to your account, receive notifications and get handy updates from us. He died Jan. 23. Wir freuen uns, Ihnen das brandneue Lego 41027 einfhren zu drfen! "His ears would actually leak pus," Hunt said of Jonathon. We based it off your Facebook details. Please try again. Numbers, dots and dashes are ok, too. If you don't see it, don't forget to check your spam folder. Lacey Sears laceydnee. This is your profile URL. We loaded your account with your Twitter details. But you can pick one that's 25 characters or less and includes a letter. But Spears and JonJon spent so much time together that people believed Spears was his mother, a belief Spears did little to correct, and actively sought to promote, said friends. Use Facebook, Twitter or your email to sign in. Just before Superstorm Sandy, mother and son moved north to Chestnut Ridge and the Sunbridge Institute, known as the Fellowship. Barry Spear, DHR spokesman, said there is no record of a case being opened regarding Garnett Spears. Lacey Spears and son Garnett move to Florida, but the happier times didn't last. Using the child's 'illnesses' to self aggrandize herself, Lacey Spears' actions directly lead to her son's tortured death. MOMsentenced in 6-year-olddaughter's drug overdosedeath, MYSTERY: New clues emerge in slaying of socialite Lois Colley, ROBERT DURST: Tracking real estate scion, murder suspect across America, SHERRI OROFINO DEATH:Convicted cop and murder suspect works for state, PODCAST: Sex, murder, poison and prophets in Ossining. Dabbs-Anderson said Spears "had a fit" when she saw him eating the Happy Meal, not approving of fast food. Lacey Spears, 26, of upstate New York, hasn't been charged with a crime. ", "She came in one time, I wasn't there that day, and she said she was stressed out, couldn't deal with stuff. I was happy to see that the comment sections were about her being a terrible, terrible woman, and then I was just very confused. Decatur Morgan Hospital (the new owner of Decatur General Hospital) declined to comment on the case, citing patient confidentiality under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Pick one that's 25 characters or less and includes a letter. This is your profile URL. Lacey Spears became known for poisoning her own child. Help us with just a few more questions. Which movie based on Frances Mayes' memoir of the same name was released in 2003? When she was in high school, Lacey did what her brother, Daniel, sister, Rebecca, and mother had done: She worked at Jack's burger place, where she was a cashier alongside Autumn Hunt. And she just texted back and said, 'Oh my, my life, my world, my baby.' Just happened on a documentary about all this on YouTube today.