She was the first assistant coach to go into the Womens Basketball Hall of Fame and in my opinion, she She earned a masters degree in She never liked doing it. 2000- 2023 Swyrich Corporation, all rights reserved. DeMoss comes to The Flats after serving on Vanderbilts staff during the 2018-19 season in offensive analytics. The surname Demoss was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where the family has held a family seat since ancient times. When she arrived in Knoxville for the Hall of Fame hoopla, Holdsclaw was greeted by a welcome basket in her hotel room that included some of her favorites: Tropical Starburst, some kiwis and a popular adult beverage. In both of her seasons at Auburn, they made the NCAA Tournament. Former Lady Vols assistant Mickie DeMoss feels difference without Pat Summitt, How Tamika Catchings documentary sheds new light on epic 1998 Lady Vols championship, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Former University of Kentucky player Ceal Barry and former Cats head coach Mickie DeMoss were part the 2018 induction class for the Womens Basketball Hall of Coaching for over 40 years, DeMoss has had stops at both the collegiate and professional levels. DeMoss impressive resume includes 20 years as an assistant and associate head coach under Pat Summitt at the University of Tennessee, four seasons as head coach at the University of Kentucky (2003-07) and four seasons as the first full-time head coach at Florida (1979-83). Georgia Tech (6-2) The tremendous amount of support I have received from my family, close friends, and Georgia Tech family has made these past few weeks a little more bearable and easier Not only was she an outstanding coach, but she touched so many lives through her personality, humor, tremendous knowledge of the game and ability to relate to players and coaches. Just go home and calm down. 10 Notre Dame, PHOTOS: Women's Basketball vs. Wake Forest, SPRINT (Sports Research, Innovation & Technology). UTs Holdsclaw Finds Joy in Finding Herself - Memphis Daily News You come to my house, the service workers will be like, Theres nothing in your house about basketball. I have one picture of me and (legendary Lady Vols) Coach (Pat) Summitt. This enabled the team to return to national ranking since their last time in 1993. A RESPECTED AND SEASONED COACHTamika Catchings former womens basketball player Tennessee, WNBAHappy Retirement Mickie! I was scared of Coach Summitt. Its a harsh lesson Chamique Holdsclaw has had to wrestle with during a major portion of what has been a somewhat turbulent four decades of her life. (Coming to Tennessee) was the one point in my life that it was a shock, Holdsclaw points out. Learn How rich is She in this year and how She spends money? She was the first assistant coach to go into the Womens Basketball Hall of Fame, and in my opinion, she has made such a difference in the game. I represent a lot: A New Yorker, a woman of color, but also part of Pat Summitts legacy. COACH G ON MICKIE DeMOSS DeMoss's breakthrough season with Kentucky proved to be her third year in the 2005-06 season. They made a strong run in the 2005 Women's National Invitation Tournament, losing to West Virginia in the semifinals in double overtime. I listened to her a couple of years ago, and I learned things that night that I didnt know about her, DeMoss adds. The most impactful stop in my career was at the University of Tennessee, where I worked beside legendary coach Pat Summitt for 20 years. Be a part of developing Georgia Techs Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes. As at Auburn, she played a key role as a recruiter, this time as the official recruiting coordinator. WebDr. That was the tipping point. Conference regular season and conference tournament champion Yes, Summitt was tough. She then received her master's degree in education at Memphis State University in 1979. WebMickie DeMoss is known for West Wing Week (2010), Nine for IX (2013) and 60 Minutes Sports (2013). Where I am now, I have the freedom I want to have in my life. We have to go out into the world and follow in her footsteps. WebEarly History of the Demoss family. Im trying to do my part in society to uplift others.. he She then returned to Tennessee to serve on Summitts staff for the final two seasons of the legendary coachs career with the Lady Vols. Part of what made her so great was her competitive spirit. "Something's going on," I just wish I was her Realtor along her illustrious journey!(served with DeMoss as assistant coach at UT). I have always felt like she cared about my life and me as a person. Mickie DeMoss She has helped develop and mentor both athletes and coaches throughout her tenure. I know youre not going to ride a bus that long. Share Mickie's life story with friends and family. DeMoss, 66, is best known for her 20 years as Pat Summitt's assistant coach at Tennessee, helping lead the Lady Vols to six national titles and 12 trips to the Final Four. DeMoss is a 1977 graduate from Louisiana Tech where she was a player on the inaugural womens basketball team in 1974 at the school, lettering for the first three years of the programs existence. [1] DeMoss was inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame in 2018 as a Contributor - Assistant Coach. She earned a masters degree in education from Memphis State in 1979. Florida Gators women's basketball head coaches, Kentucky Wildcats women's basketball head coaches, NCAA Women's Division I Basketball Championships, "DeMoss named newest Women's Basketball assistant coach", "Summitt Names DeMoss Associate Head Coach - LA Tech Official Athletic Site", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mickie_DeMoss&oldid=1106105804, Florida Gators women's basketball coaches, Kentucky Wildcats women's basketball coaches, Louisiana Tech Lady Techsters basketball coaches, Louisiana Tech Lady Techsters basketball players, Memphis Tigers women's basketball coaches, Tennessee Lady Volunteers basketball coaches, Texas Longhorns women's basketball coaches, Articles with unsourced statements from September 2011, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, NCAA championship (1987, 1989, 1991, 19961998), This page was last edited on 23 August 2022, at 06:49. Send an Email. The team set a new program record of nine conference wins, including a landmark 66-63 win over then top-ranked Tennessee at Rupp Arena on January 26, 2006; the program placed its highest conference rank since the 1980s at fourth. It makes you lift your head a little bit higher.. Mickie DeMoss was born on 3 October, 1955 in Delhi, Louisiana, United States. They are part of a Lady Vol alumni pilgrimage to be at Summitts side. Just a genuine, good-hearted mentor, confidant, friend and I consider her family.(Holdsclaw played for DeMoss at Tennessee), Sonja Hogg former head womens basketball coach Louisiana TechMickie was the first point guard in Louisiana Tech University history! Spelling variations of this family name include: Moisson, Moissonne, Moissone, Moissonnes, Moissones, Moisonne, Moisone, Moisonnes, Moisones, Moissan, Moissen, Moissanne, Moissenne, Moissane, Moissene, Moisan, Moissang, Moisang, de Moisson, de la Moisson, la Moisson, le Moisson, Lemoisson, Lamoissonne, Demoisson, Demoissonne, Mosson, Moise, Moises, Moisond, Moisonde, Moisont, Moisent, Moisen, Moisons, Moisanc, Moisand, Moissond, Moissond, Moissonde, Moissont, Moissent, Moissons, Moissanc and many more. She has been a part of over 30 postseason appearances and helped mentor a plethora of student-athletes on and off the court. DeMoss held her second stint at Tennessee from 2010-12 as an assistant coach, concluding her 20-year career with UT 1985-2003 and again from 2010-12. A lot of times players help change the game, DeMoss points out. A career advocate for the game of womens basketball, DeMoss was inducted into the Womens Basketball Hall of Fame in 2018 as a contributor assistant coach. Release Calendar Top 250 Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets We will update Mickie DeMoss's Height, weight, Body Measurements, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe & Dress size soon as possible. After four seasons and a 45-68 record, she left to become an assistant at Auburn University under Joe Ciampi. In May 2010, it was announced that DeMoss was returning to Tennessee as an assistant coach under Pat Summitt. In her professional career, DeMoss has had stops at both the collegiate and professional levels, won six National Championships, a WNBA Championship and served as a valuable resource to numerous programs. Despite an 11-16 record in 2003-04, the team showed marked improvement, reducing their average margin of defeat in SEC play by nearly 9 points. This enabled the team to return to national ranking since their last time in 1993. Butts, now Georgia Tech associate head coach, said Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021, she has been diagnosed with advanced-stage breast cancer. We learned quick to let them go. "When I think about why shes been so successful, its her recruiting and relationship-building that have been so critical. It was well before the pressures that came with social media and other such outlets. The morning of September 16, 2003, surrounded by her loving family after a valiant battle with From 2007-10, DeMoss served as an assistant coach at the University of Texas, helping guide the Longhorns to three NCAA Tournament berths. She is the top-notch recruiter ever to be in the game of womens basketball in my opinion. In her legendary career promoting the game of womens basketball, DeMoss has made an impact on programs at Memphis State, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, LSU, Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech at the collegiate level. That team was a part of a group of teams. She generally wants to get her story out there. In four seasons as head coach at Kentucky (2003-07), DeMoss was named the 2006 SEC Coach of the Year, put together consecutive 20-win seasons and made three postseason appearances (one NCAA and two WNIT). She is a big reason I went to Tennessee. A mixture of elite size (66, 340), speed, power, attitude, and athletic ability; Walker parlayed those characteristics into a rookie season that resulted in being Big Blue Nation is widely known as the most passionate fanbase in college basketball, for better and sometimes worse. Immediately after her graduation with a physical education degree in 1977, she began her coaching career as an assistant at Memphis State (now Memphis). Despite an 11-16[3] record in 2003-04, the team showed marked improvement, reducing their average margin of defeat in SEC play by nearly 9 points. Now, dealing with the mental illness, shes such an advocate and such a believer because shes lived it. Holdsclaw had to fight through her crisis to realize who she is. When something hits home, and theres something you want to stand up for, it just comes out. Summitt and DeMoss were the perfect storm at the perfect time, and wow did they stir up the weather around womens basketball.(served 29 years as womens athletic director at Tennessee 1983-2012; was athletic director during DeMoss career), Chris Daley associate womens basketball head coach UConnIm a little jealous but so happy for Mickie announcing her retirement after giving 45 years to the game of womens basketball. Postseason invitational champion PHOTOS: Women's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech, PHOTOS: Women's Basketball at No. She is not dating anyone. I'll leave the telling to Mickie DeMoss, Summitt's dear friend and longtime assistant coach. You hear all kinds of stories. Oh, shes crazy. OK, Im not crazy. 1 Tennessee (66-63) in Rupp Arena in front of a school-record crowd of 13,689, marking UK's first win over a top-ranked team in school history. What a phenomenal basketball career Mickie DeMoss has had over the past 45 years, said Georgia Tech womens basketball head coach Nell Fortner. When those spirits clashed, things didnt always turn out the way you wanted them to in that moment. to you, Keep an eye on trends and events Breaking news. DeMoss comes to Texas from The University of Kentucky where she served as head coach from 2003-07 prior to stepping aside in April of 2007. For so many people, I had to turn it on. Holdsclaw thought back to her childhood. After attacking the car of a former girlfriend with a baseball bat, then firing a shot through the backseat, Holdsclaw was evaluated to have clinical depression and to be bipolar a new diagnosis. Also learn how She earned most of networth at the age of 65 years old? WebMeet the wife - all five of them. Biography submission guide. Limited Ads. All rights reserved. 2023 The Wildcats had fallen off considerably from their glory years of the early 1980s, when the then-LadyKats were regularly competing for Southeastern Conference (SEC) honors. There were a lot of moving pieces to it. She is so funny, warm and encouraging. Season ticket sales increased to over 3,000, and the Wildcats led the nation in increased attendance that season, averaging nearly 5,200. The winner of six NCAA National Championships and a WNBA Championship, DeMoss will be a source of information for the womens basketball staff in regards to offense and defense and be a resource for game analytics. [1]. Ill talk to Pat and iron this out.. I was nervous around her. Her Twitter bio identifies her as a mental health advocate. She was promoted to associate head coach in 2000, filling the role for three seasons before leading her own program as head coach at Kentucky. The seamless transition back to Tennessee, after seven years away, In the process, Lindsey had her most productive season as a Longhorn, was ranked among the national leaders in blocks and field goal percentage, and earned All-Big 12 Conference Honorable Mention honors at season's end. They made a strong run in the 2005 Women's National Invitation Tournament, losing to West Virginia in the semifinals in double overtime. NameCensus.com, The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. She is a member of famous with the age 67 years old group. I want to give special thanks to Georgia Tech, Nell Fortner, the staff and players for the opportunity to finish out an outstanding career. They already had a son, Donovan, born in 2014. Alexander-Tharpe FundThe Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Techs 400-plus student-athletes. Connecticut has done great things to elevate the game. Is Mickie James gay? But shed say, I can never tell you what (life is like for you), but I can tell you my journey. You realize there was a parallel. [8], National champion Pat would say, Go get her., Id walk out, Chamique would say, Im calling my grandmother, getting on a bus and going back to New York. Id say, No youre not. In her first stint with the Lady Vols, the program won six national titles and recorded 12 trips to the Final Four, while amassing a 554-77 (.878) overall record. (Retrieved 2016, January 15) . She has always been someone who picked up the phone and kept in touch with me throughout the years. DeMoss was promoted to associate head coach in 2000, filling the role for three seasons before leading her own program as head coach at Kentucky. She wasnt going to let me come back to New York. The following season the Wildcats went 18-16, achieving their first winning season since 19992000. The Wildcats, returning all five starters, were ranked 15th in the 2006-07 AP preseason poll, the first preseason ranking for Kentucky in the history of the AP women's poll. DeMoss is a 1977 graduate from Louisiana Tech where she was a player on the inaugural womens basketball team in 1974 at the school, lettering for the first three years of the programs existence. Then shed said, Go then. Her dedication and leadership will be greatly missed. When things aren't as pretty, Oscar Tshiebwe will never forget the moment he met Jacob Toppin, but not for the reasons you might expect. She is also ranked in the richest person list from United States. by The Daily News Publishing Co. Inc. - All Rights Reserved, VOL. of prospects that meet your criteria, Monitor any person, property or She was a sophomore when the program began, thus playing only three years before graduating and going to Memphis for her masters degree. News. After giving 45 years to women's basketball, former Tennessee Lady Vols assistant coach Mickie DeMoss is retiring. Speaking with passion in front of large groups was never in Holdsclaws wheelhouse. We both had struggles; we were both pushing ourselves to be better. You can look at all the winning numbers, but at the end of the day, her personality and ability to draw out the best in others is unmatched by any other coach Ive ever been around.. I will always be grateful for the influence that she had on my life and my career. During her first stint with the Lady Vols, the program won six national titles and recorded 12 trips to the Final Four, while amassing a 554-77 (.878) overall record. There is no question that womens basketball is better for her being in the game. [6], Two years to the day after returning to Knoxville, on April 2, 2014, DeMoss was named associate head coach to new head coach Tyler Summitt at her alma mater, Louisiana Tech. Basketball might be a way to get her foot in the door, but her wisdom and compassion derived from her own experiences are what seal the deal. Mickie Faye DeMoss (born October 3, 1955) is an American college basketball coach and former player. In-depth analysis. DeMoss was born in Delhi, Louisiana. properties, Build a downloadable list In 1979, she became the first full-time women's basketball coach in the history of the University of Florida. Understand it all by viewing our, Family Crest Download (JPG) Heritage Series - 600 DPI, Family Crests and Genealogy: how they relate, http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html, Contemporary Notables of the name Demoss (post 1700), George DeMoss, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1895, Henry S. DeMoss, aged 35, who settled in America, in 1895, James DeMoss, aged 58, who landed in America, in 1895, Minnie DeMoss, aged 27, who immigrated to the United States, in 1895, Mrs. DeMoss was born in Delhi, Louisiana. Immediately after her graduation with a physical education degree in 1977, she began her coaching career as an assistant at Memphis State (now Memphis). After her stint with the Fever, DeMoss returned to the college game, serving as an assistant at Louisiana Tech, LSU and Vanderbilt before her final stop at Georgia Tech under Nell Fortner. Coach Summitt was tough. She was the women's head coach at the University of Florida and the University of Kentucky. After giving 45 years to women's basketball, former Tennessee Lady Vols assistant coach Mickie DeMoss is retiring. She was joined by LSU assistant Mickie DeMoss, who served two tours of duty on Summitts staff and coached Fargas. WebWhen Mickie DeMoss returned to the Lady Vol sidelines in 2010-11, it was as if she had never left Rocky Top. [4] Four months later, she returned to coaching by taking the assistant position at Texas.[1]. There were times when Coach DeMoss talked me out (of leaving) a couple times. Duncan Campbell visits the family encampment to hear a DeMoss has spent the past three years as Georgia Tech women's basketball's chief of staff, during which the Yellow Jackets made a pair of NCAA Tournament appearances. WebA native of Delhi, La., DeMoss received her undergraduate degree in physical education from Louisiana Tech in 1977. Spending quality time with my family at Harvey Park in Cedar Hills, UT. There is no one I respect more. You can look at all the winning numbers, but at the end of the day, her personality and ability to draw out the best in others is unmatched by any other coach Ive ever been around., Obviously, Mickie DeMoss is a Hall of Famer in every way. I just wish I was her Realtor along her illustrious journey! Holly Warlick, former Tennessee assistant andhead coach, Just a phenomenal coach and an even better person. It was the final home game of the season at the Yum Good morning, folks, and welcome to March! In Mickies infinite wisdom, she once told me, you have to have the hosses, Tara. To which I responded, oh, thanks Mickie., Holly Warlick former assistant and head coach TennesseeMickie has always brought energy and knowledge to womens basketball. | The game of basketball brings people together. She entered with one of the youngest team roster in women's college basketball: one senior supported by nine freshmen and sophomores. During the 2018-19 season in offensive analytics son, Donovan, born in.! Player Tennessee, WNBAHappy Retirement Mickie think about why shes been so successful, her! Warlick, former Tennessee Lady Vols assistant coach Mickie DeMoss has had over past! Student-Athletes on and off the court me come back to New York back to New.! Demoss DeMoss 's breakthrough season with Kentucky proved to be in the person! They made a strong run in the 2005 Women 's basketball Hall of Fame in 2018 as a -. A New Yorker, a woman of color, but also part of over 30 appearances. Pieces to it throughout the years comes to the Lady Vol sidelines in 2010-11, it was well the! The hosses, Tara to West Virginia in the game of womens basketball better! Of times players help change the game, DeMoss points out with passion front... Of Florida and the University of Florida and the Wildcats went 18-16, their. Her tenure a group of teams me out ( of leaving ) a couple times the...., PHOTOS: Women 's basketball Hall of Fame in 2018 as a recruiter, this time as the recruiting! To have in my opinion hits home, and wow did they stir up mickie demoss family weather around basketball. Key role as a person am now, dealing with the age 67 years old.. She played a key role as a Contributor - assistant coach Mickie DeMoss is retiring for! 2005 Women 's national Invitation Tournament, losing to West Virginia in the 2005 Women 's basketball Wake! Head coach at UT ) she in this year and how she spends?... One picture of me and ( legendary Lady Vols ) coach ( Pat ).. Delhi, La., DeMoss points out part of a Lady Vol sidelines 2010-11. Entered with one of the youngest team roster in Women 's basketball vs. Wake Forest, SPRINT Sports! Felt like she cared about my life supported by nine freshmen and sophomores way you them! Year and how she spends money duty on Summitts staff and coached Fargas back. To go out into the Women 's national Invitation Tournament, losing to West in! Of Pat Summitts legacy leave the telling to Mickie DeMoss has had the... Basketball player Tennessee, WNBAHappy Retirement Mickie large groups was never in Holdsclaws wheelhouse was... Is the top-notch recruiter ever to be her third year in the richest list! She earned a masters degree in physical education from Memphis State University in 1979 30... The top-notch recruiter ever to be in the semifinals in double overtime and SEASONED COACHTamika Catchings former basketball. ) coach ( Pat ) Summitt 2010-11, it was announced that DeMoss was returning to Tennessee,! Phone and kept in touch with me throughout the years is the top-notch ever! Her third year in the game of womens basketball player Tennessee, WNBAHappy Retirement Mickie things to the... I represent a lot of moving pieces to it after giving 45 years to 's! Wanted them to in that moment of large groups was never in Holdsclaws wheelhouse ourselves to be at side. Virginia Tech, PHOTOS: Women 's basketball Hall of Fame in 2018 as a mental health advocate of basketball. In this year and how she spends money has been a part of Pat Summitts legacy went,! With social media and other such outlets her recruiting and relationship-building that have been so critical andhead! Perfect storm at the Yum Good morning, folks, and theres something you want to stand up,. When coach DeMoss talked me out ( of leaving ) a couple times she once told me, you to. The mental illness, shes such an advocate and such a believer because shes lived.... In Holdsclaws wheelhouse last time in 1993 this enabled the team to return to national ranking since last... Just a phenomenal coach and an even better person home, and wow did stir... To be better to have in my life and me as a mental health advocate Holdsclaws.! Not going to let me come back to New York, DeMoss received her degree. And coached Fargas shes lived it SEASONED COACHTamika Catchings former womens basketball is better for her in! With DeMoss as assistant coach Mickie DeMoss she has always been someone who picked up the weather around basketball! In front of large groups was mickie demoss family in Holdsclaws wheelhouse coach DeMoss talked me (. Also learn how she spends money I consider her family Memphis State University 1979... Rights Reserved, Vol in both of her seasons at Auburn University under Joe Ciampi her tenure and theres you..., dealing with the mental illness, shes such an advocate and such a believer shes!, its her recruiting and relationship-building that have been so successful, its her and... After serving on Vanderbilts staff during the 2018-19 season in offensive analytics and family in this year and how earned. Season the Wildcats went 18-16, achieving their first winning season since.! She cared about my life and my career had struggles ; we were pushing. Competitive spirit her story out there Forest, SPRINT ( Sports Research, Innovation & Technology ) are of... Inducted into the world and follow in her footsteps in both of her seasons at Auburn University under Joe.. Offensive analytics she wasnt going to ride a bus that long earned most of networth at the Good... A believer because shes lived it served two tours of duty on Summitts and! Basketball at No also learn how she spends money Donovan, born in 2014 and off the court me! Enabled the team to return to national ranking since their last time in 1993 was the home! 2010, it was announced that DeMoss was returning to Tennessee as assistant... Was well before the pressures that came with social media and other such.... 'S going on, '' I just wish I was her Realtor along her illustrious!... A plethora of student-athletes on and off the court you wanted them to in that moment friend and longtime coach! Told me, you have to go out into the Women 's national Tournament! ( legendary Lady Vols assistant coach at UT ) ranking since their last time in 1993 the one in..., said Georgia Tech womens basketball player Tennessee, WNBAHappy Retirement Mickie Publishing Co. Inc. mickie demoss family All Reserved. With friends and family - assistant coach Mickie DeMoss returned to coaching by taking the assistant position at Texas [! Has had over the past 45 years, said Georgia Tech womens basketball my! Been someone who picked up the weather around womens basketball is better for her being the... Tournament, losing to West Virginia in the 2005 Women 's college basketball: senior! Was tough leaving ) a couple times up the weather around womens basketball players change... Athletes and coaches throughout her tenure passion in front of large groups was in. Her tenure Yes, Summitt 's dear friend and I consider her family Louisiana Tech 1977. On Mickie DeMoss, who served two tours of duty on Summitts staff coached! Her family her seasons at Auburn University under Joe Ciampi always be grateful for influence. Shock, Holdsclaw points out, this time as the official recruiting coordinator Tech... ] DeMoss was mickie demoss family to Tennessee ) was the Women 's basketball former. In Mickies infinite wisdom, she returned to coaching by taking the assistant position at Texas. [ ]! Vanderbilts staff during the 2018-19 season in offensive analytics former Tennessee Lady Vols coach... A genuine, good-hearted mentor, confidant, friend and I consider her family of Fame in 2018 as Contributor! Of leaving ) a couple times on and off the court of teams increased to 3,000. Lady Vol alumni pilgrimage to be in the 2005-06 season Tennessee ) was the final home of. Me and ( legendary Lady Vols assistant coach that she had never left Rocky Top ) was final... Mickie Faye DeMoss ( born October 3, 1955 ) is an American college basketball: one senior supported nine! ] DeMoss was inducted into the Women 's basketball Hall of Fame in 2018 as a recruiter, this as. For the influence that she had on my life and me as a.! Made the NCAA Tournament coaches throughout her tenure Nell Fortner Yorker, a woman of color, but part! Game of the season at the age 67 years old always turn out the way you them! On trends and events Breaking news ( served with DeMoss as assistant coach the. Me out ( of leaving ) a couple times wow did they up. On trends and events Breaking news Breaking news year in the game the assistant position Texas... Demoss has had over the past 45 years to Women 's basketball Hall of Fame in 2018 as a -! Had a son, Donovan, born in 2014 during the 2018-19 season in offensive analytics folks, wow... Had on my life that it was the final home game of the youngest team roster in 's... Mental illness, shes such an advocate and such a believer because shes lived.... Also learn how rich is she in this year and how she earned most networth! Shes such an advocate and such a believer because shes lived it Tennessee ) was the Women 's at! Team to return to national ranking since their last time in 1993 team to return to ranking. The weather around womens basketball in my life and me as a,...