There should be an option to delete or remove the account. multiple-user production servers. Nextcloud stores the data directory location and all it's files locations inside it's database, that can be chosen during installation as well. You can ignore these tables. server. drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Mar 15 15:38 I have tried running chmod -R o+s ./html, but it doesn't seem to do anything, and I have also tried setfacl -d -m o::--- ./html, but it errors with . drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 15 15:46 KimAdmin Leave empty to not copy any skeleton files. Does the webserver log, php-fpm.log (in case) or Nextcloud log show any related entry? drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 11 10:52 ocs The updater will tell you which ones these are. I managed to get to step 8, but as soon as I try to switch off maintenance mode, I get the following error: Does anybody know why this is happening? Use Rsync to sync the files from the current to the new directory. my permissions: Especially if your non-dummy admin Nextcloud user can access the files, from UNIX permissions side, all Nextcloud users must be able, as long as they have Nextcloud-internal permissions of course. Am I understood correct: after creating this config, the old one which is: /etc/apache2/conf-available/nextcloud.conf ? edit: Heres a site config file for Apache that works with the above setup and has strong SSL settings. Great work, all! Well, Stefan it really sucks that no one helped you out since I am having the exact same issue and cannot find a solution. One of them uses the old $HOME/owncloud folder instead of $HOME/Nextcloud. Even if the data directory above is writable by root, if any part of the path above it (e.g. Then, youll have to map this volume to your Nextcloud docker when you create it. I have Rpi 4 with 2gb and 2 5TB HDD on RAID 1. This means that even if I run chmod -R 0770 ./html on my data directory, any new file will still have the incorrect permissions.. curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CWSpear/local-persist/master/scripts/install.sh | sudo bash, To create a persistent volume named nextcloud-data: Nextcloud directory can be found at /usr/share/nextcloud. You can always delete the account from the app and remove or better rename the local folder and start from scratch. And that will tell docker-compose that youve already created this volume and its name is nextcloud-data otherwise docker-compose will create a new volume named nextcloud-data and will prefix it with the stack name (here nextcloud so it would be nextcloud_nextcloud-data. @nickvergessen Then Install as normal lets me add a user then try to move the data file over to the raid 0 in the config.php file and when attempt to log in through local host. Heres a screenshot (in German). The server compare files and update only the new files. Connect the removable-media plug as mentioned in the README in order to grant the snap permission to access external drives. The entire /mnt/MyData now have permissions (set with sudo chmod -R 777 /mnt Im not sure how secure this is but it works. Hello. Hello everyone. It could be that nextcloud.conf is also there, then run a2disconf nextcloud.conf. Also note that the interface providing the ability to access removable media is not automatically connected upon install, so if youd like to use external storage (or otherwise use a device in /media or /mnt for data), you need to give the snap permission to access removable media by connecting that interface: Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, Snap installation with changed data directory, https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloud-snap/wiki/Change-data-directory-to-use-another-disk-partition, Set up with 2 hard drives in raid 0 server error, When I do it after creating the admin user, I fail as described in my other posting, When I do it prior creating the admin user, my changes in file. I have some problems with Nextcloud after installation app i found my difficult to change my data directory to another disk. It should show up if you click on the three dots next to your username / account. nextcloud.import: Import data exported from another Nextcloud snap instance (via nextcloud.export). Contains 2 Virtual hosts (IP 192.168.0.100 is internal local IP of the server), on port 80 I will do only redirect to the HTTPS and thats all: Only difference that you have to comment to get it A+: I have only the following files in there: Add it to fstab so it is mounted at boot. Enable maintenance mode (install sudo if you don't have it already in the jail), 4. Ive got Nextcloud installed onto a Raspberry Pi 4 with 2 GB of RAM, running Arch Linux ARM with a LEMP stack. Thatss the nextcloud error message, when I change the permission from the new user folder (/var/ncNewData) to 750 and open a file: fopen(/var/nc_data/user1/files/files.pdf): failed to open stream: Permission denied at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#302, If I changed the permission back to 777 and everything works fine. See the W3C. What about other app on server? This was exactly what I was looking for and it was harder to find than it needed to be. sudo mount --bind /mnt/kids /usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/data, All you need to do is append the path of your new data directory in the file, php_admin_value open_basedir "/srv/http/:/dev/urandom:/tmp/:/usr/share/pear/:/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/:/etc/webapps/nextcloud:/srv/clouddata", [Solved] Nextcloud, change Data folder location. At that stage, I am not sure whether to continue or not, in case I break something irrevocably. drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 15 15:41 . The data folder is where users' files are stored. Pick a file or folder and click on Choose >> The chosen file or folder name gets displayed. My first plan was to install it directly with a data directory (/mnt/MyData/nextcloud/data). Now I am trying to figure out how to back up an additional existing folder on my Mac without having to move everything into the Nextcloud folder. Start a shell in the Nextcloud container ( docker exec -it name-of-nc-container bash) and run chown -R www-data: /var/www/html. drwxr-xr-x 6 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 11 10:52 lib Move the nextcloud data folder to new directory, 5. based on https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloud-snap/wiki/Change-data-directory-to-use-another-disk-partition there are two possibilities to change the data directory in context of installation: before and after creating the admin user. -rw-rr-- 1 www-data www-data 3056 Mar 11 10:52 public.php The solution describes the update from brrrlinguist very well. If you use Nextcloud Snap, follow their official simple instructions: https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloud-snap/wiki/Change-data-directory-to-use-another-disk-partition If you use the Nextcloud Docker container, the GitHub page might give some hints as well: https://github.com/nextcloud/docker Also NextCloudPi might provide own solutions: I have all the right permissions and there should be no issue with reading and writing, but it still occurs. -rw-rr-- 1 www-data www-data 283 Mar 11 10:52 occ Thanks for pointing me the right direction. total 12 That will change the owner and group of all files under /var/www/html to www-data. But anyway the warning still exists. I dont like 777 permissions, so perhaps somebody can give us an advice if this is a security issue or not. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. I'm running NextCloud on Docker for Windows from within Ubuntu WSL. GitHub - nextcloud/nextcloud-snap/wiki/change-data-directory-to-use . based on https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloud-snap/wiki/Change-data-directory-to-use-another-disk-partition there are two possibilities to change the data directory in context of installation: before and after creating the admin user. But I am failing on both methods to change it: Any ideas would be very helpful. Nextcloud config config.php. Thanks a lot, @MichaIng for the clarification. If i clicked on beenden it immedeately ended. Only if you do not already syncing the root folder of your Nextcloud, which then would also include this newly created folder. Move /data to the new location I have only A security check result. You can see details here: My NC config was in sites-enabled and your in conf-available. I installed nextcloud in a docker container, I can access to the interface. You can simply stop the server, move data directory, change path in config and start server again. Touching files only with the webserver unix user www-data. Developer . Im having the same issue and have uploaded my issues cannt change data directory before or after adding admin. Edited 2 times, last by Alomon (Feb 3rd 2020). Well the question is which storage to update. If you use the Nextcloud Docker container, the GitHub page might give some hints as well: https://github.com/nextcloud/docker I also set symlink ownership and set the actual data folder ownership (like described in solution2). because those changes will be overwritten on the next update of the Nextcloud Update the Nextcloud config to use the new data directory by editing /var/snap/nextcloud/current/nextcloud/config/autoconfig.php and making sure the directory setting is pointing to the right place, e.g. drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 15 15:41 Unfortunately, I cant make a specific recommendation, since I dont use a Mac myself. UPDATE: I think Ive finally managed to get it working The permissions of the parent directories were likely insufficient. First set up the new database, here called new_db_name. Create named local volumes that persist in the location(s) you want - CWSpear/local-persist, Create named local volumes that persist in the location(s) you want - CWSpear/local-persist, To install the local-persist driver: In Nextcloud you to App -> deactivated Apps and there activate the External storage support -App. I performed the following steps: I was given an error message, stating that Nextcloud could not read nor write to the given directory. Then with your regular user account you go to settings -> External storage. -rw-rr-- 1 www-data www-data 0 Mar 15 15:46 .ocdata, Additionally, I have tried Solution 2 (symlinking), but I get stuck again on the same step (turning maintenance mode off) with the same exact error message. Admin manual says :On other HTTP servers it is recommended to install Nextcloud outside of the document root., Assumptions: -rw-rr-- 1 www-data www-data 3910 Mar 11 10:52 console.php drwxr-xr-x 14 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 15 15:39 . Choose a displayed folder name and SMB / CIFS. The new root nextcloud user data location for this single nextcloud user ist now /var/ncNewData. FreeNAS is now TrueNAS. On success the converter will automatically configure the new database in your i deinstalled nextcloud-desktop, since I have the network-drive directly mounted now in nautilus, so I cannot debug this further. I am very impressed with this forum! If you need to override this path for all users, you can set, Configuring Object Storage as Primary Storage, External Storage authentication mechanisms. Bash shell commands like "cd" can't be "sudo'ed", so do this: $ sudo -i. now you can cd into the directory and do what you like. -rw-rr-- 1 www-data www-data 0 Mar 15 15:46 index.html I looked in the configuration file for the path to the data directory (all user files are stored in it): . To not mess things, within this thread, lets stay with the provided two solutions or, if you find yours the better (3.) Here is a list of known old tables: oc_privatedata - this table was later added again by the app privatedata (https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/privatedata) and is safe to be removed if that app is not enabled, https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/privatedata. which can be created with the following command: sudo mkdir /var/www/nextcloud-data In the Available for field enter the users or groups who have permission to access the mount. Hey, did you ever find any solutions for this? You set the correct rights for your nextcloud user for /mnt/external_hdd/nextcloud (use a linux formatted file system like ext4 or btfs). But the one thing: now I have the one security warning in Administration - Overview: The Referrer-Policy HTTP header is not set to no-referrer, no-referrer-when-downgrade, strict-origin, strict-origin-when-cross-origin or same-origin. Ubuntu 18.04 LTS nextcloud / groupfolders Public Notifications Fork 67 Star 201 Code Issues 146 Pull requests 11 Actions Projects 1 Wiki Security Insights New issue files:scan to allow group folder selection #88 Closed . Missing permissions. I think it didnt, I only found the Dropdown for sync, einstellngen, beenden. The folder /var/ncData/user1 is the data folder from the dummy nextcloud user1. By default this imports the database, config, and data. Sorry for posting on such an old post, but this is fairly relevant to what Im trying to do so I thought this was better than creating a new post. Hi Rotational, does it mention to separate Data in the instructions? Everything should work if I create a folder on that partition, /mnt/external_hdd/nextcloud as an example, then I move everything from that partition into that folder, and then I run ln -s /mnt/external_hdd/nextcloud /var/nextcloud, right? You can add additional folders to the synchronisation in the settings of the client. You can perform many common server operations with occ, such as installing and upgrading Nextcloud, manage users, encryption, passwords, LDAP setting, and more. You might consider /srv/nextcloud/data. This protection is important, otherwise users could access the whole system by uploading symlinks, in theory. So by just moving the data directory to another location and change the 'datadirectory' directive inside config.php, the oc_filecache will be full of wrong entries from the old location, where the files entries for the new location are missing, thus no files will be shown inside Nextcloud. We'll use /media/nextcloud/data, but the data directory will be created by moving the existing data into place, so we only need to setup /media/nextcloud right now (although you'll still want to make sure it's owned by root): Update the Nextcloud config to use the new data directory by editing /var/snap/nextcloud/current/nextcloud/config/config.php and making sure the datadirectory setting is pointing to the right place, e.g. However you will want to relocate your data folder completely outside the web folder. Im in the same boat running a raid on ubuntu but unable to change data dir. My understanding of how to sync a folder in Nextcloud that is not the "Nextcloud" folder is: Add folder sync connection Pick a local folder on your computer to sync (for example my Windows Documents folder) Select a destination folder on Nextcloud server (or create new, also called Documents) However, at that stage I am getting a warning: How to change data folder location in nextcloud? So I tried the original setup (putting data in /var/www/html/nextcloud/data), and got through the installation. Don't forget to change it back to false when you are finished. Update storage location: sudo vim /var/snap/nextcloud/current/nextcloud/config/config.php change data location: 'datadirectory' => '/media/storage/data', Move the data directory to the storage device: sudo mv /var/snap/nextcloud/common/nextcloud/data /media/storage/ Start nextcloud snap: sudo snap start nextcloud Share Improve this answer Follow Add-ons --> My Add-ons --> Nextcloud --> Configure --> Map /data. existing users will not see files that are added to this directory after their Error with the data file location and it doesnt work. no file access r/w for user1 was possible. Nextcloud standard data directory: /var/www/html/nextcloud/data/. You could also use the Nextcloud database user, where /path/to/nextcloud/config/config.php provides its name and password. Note that it requires sudo. BTW, Im using Nextcloud 16.0.3. Nextcloud Data directory. Indeed your statement (hence this HowTo) and Nextcloud docs do not match here. Also I think its best if I do this with the whole thing turned off, do all the things on the external hard drive, then take the SD card out of the Raspberry Pi, create the symlink and modify the fstab this way. Something Ill edit in the HowTo another day . Therefore it creates the tables oc_storages for the data directory and oc_filecache for the files. But to be sure and not mess up the database with obsolete entries it is recommended to replace the old entry with the new one manually as mentioned in solution 1. Configure the data directory and change it to your data folder path 'datadirectory' => '/usr/local/www/nextcloud/nextclouddata/data' 6. This allows you to overwrite the files that are shipped by default with Nextcloud in core/skeleton. Although phpMyAdmin provides a nice GUI, it is not required to alter the database. Decide where you want the new data to live. If an external drive is where you want to end, and not somewhere else on the filesystem, then just rsync or cp -a your current data directory to the external drive and then mount it to your current data directory location. : If you visited Nextcloud before now, refresh to re-evaluate the changed config (otherwise the directory won't change from the default). the strange thing is that when i was logged in it was still working and my HD was detected but when i logged out i got this message . You can mount the drive manually first (mount command), copy data over, then modify fstab to have the mount persistent for next reboot, or modify fstab first, reboot to have the drive mounted automatically, then copy data, as you like. Stop Apache. Access & sync your files, contacts, calendars and communicate & collaborate across your devices. Logging an issue? I got into "Can't create or write into the data directory /mnt/nextcloud", Now I tried to setup a fresh nextcloud where I want to choose the location during the installation and still I am having the same problem, I did change the permission as below and have the same error (Can't create or write into the data directory /mnt/nextcloud), New installation accepts only the location "/usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/data", where is the problem and how do I fix this? The files in the skeleton directory are copied into the The database . -rw-rr-- 1 www-data www-data 2976 Mar 11 10:52 index.php Ive successfully got the external drive feature to work in nextcloud, but I want the data directory to be using the dataset I want it too. On the left side under Administration select External Storage. > Everything under *-available is something that you could use, but it is not. Under administrative settings you can allow users to mount external storage. I always received permissions errors for user1. This has probably been addressed many times but I just couldnt figure out the appropriate search keywords to find the answer. with the question Continue with the conversion? Change data directory to use another disk/partition. . Nextcloud is an open source, self-hosted file sync & communication app platform. overwrite the files that are shipped by default with Nextcloud in testing and simple single-user Nextcloud servers, but it does not scale for But to be sure and not mess up the database with obsolete entries it is recommended to replace the old entry with the new one manually as mentioned in solution 1. drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 11 10:52 ocs-provider Will try CLI the next time I need it hopefully never, as I am still scared. You cannot add more folders to the synchronistaion because it already syncs everything on your Nextcloud to the Nextcloud folder on your computer. #nextcloud #hyperv #snap #ubuntu #windows #directory #change Nextcloud snap new setup and data changing directory to windows shared. Installed as a snap. Then you switch the data-dir in config/config.php I mean a dummy nextcloud user. Im trying to to do an install Im having issues when I try and switch the data directory file over to mounted two drives in raid 0. This is how to install s. Whats important in this file is the mapping between path within the Docker and the volume name: This will tell docker-compose that the /var/www/html will be in your volume that you created and named nextcloud-data. See nextcloud.import -h for more Using the same setup, I put Nextcloud in /var/www/nextcloud/, and my Data folder in /opt/nextcloud/data. fstab modification has not much to do with it. In the Folder name field enter the folder name that you want to appear on your Nextcloud Files page.. The only problem that I faced was to understand how oc_storages DB table can be edited. The config.php entry must be changed. If I am not right, please, explain how to fix this when Nextcloud installed in this directory. You should generally not touch the the files directly outside of Nextcloud. The theme folder. At the moment the data folder is located under /usr/share/webapps/nextcloud/data (I need to move this to /mnt/drivex/data) and I don't have any conf folder under /usr/share/webapps/nextcloud, The only conf file I found is; /etc/httpd/conf/extra/nextcloud.conf, any suggestions on "how to change the location of data folder?" That depends on what you mean exactley when you use the term backup. I have no clue on DBs so this was a challenge. -rw-rr-- 1 www-data www-data 156 Mar 11 10:52 index.html /etc/apache2/conf-available/nextcloud.conf. drwxr-xr-x 8 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 15 15:47 appdata_octf179zqtl4 drwxr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 15 15:53 config Admin or other sers will use the user folder whats stated in the nextcloud config (/var/ncData/). Also NextCloudPi might provide own solutions: https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi drwxr-x 49 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 15 15:47 apps Not sure then Btw. I want to mount that partition somewhere else since I want to use it for something else as well, say Im going to mount it on /mnt/external_hdd. SQLite is good for Press J to jump to the feed. My understanding of how to sync a folder in Nextcloud that is not the Nextcloud folder is: However, at that stage I am getting a warning: **Warning**: You are already syncing /, which is a parent folder of /Documents. For security, it's best to place the data directory outside of Nextcloud webroot directory. BeakerRocks 3 yr. ago. -rw-r----- 1 www-data www-data 25937 Mar 15 15:49 nextcloud.log Disable maintenance mode sudo -u www php /usr/www/nextcloud/occ maintence:mode --off 7. By default this includes the Nextcloud database, configuration, and data. -rw-rr-- 1 www-data www-data 542 Mar 15 15:46 .htaccess All the files in the data folder need to be owned by the www-data user of the container. Nextcloud (Mint/Apache) SSL on port 8888/443 not working, What are the things I should be extra careful with if I do this (ie: dont change .htaccess etc.). But a definit solution to rule out any issues would be if Nextcloud altered the database automatically according to config.txt entry, to have a single matching entry for local data dir only. Bi clicking on the system tray icon and opening the main window, then click on your name and then on the three dots next to your user account / name. I copied the data directory to a new folder and indicated the owner and rights on behalf of which the web server is working: Haven't tried to move data location but other users did and pointed to some guides: Trying to change nextcloud data location Support So, I have 3 computers syncing files with a nextcloud 12 server. drwxr-x 5 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 15 15:46 data It is a hidden file), the entire data directory is owned by the web user (www-data on Debian/Ubuntu and the derivatives. For example. Thanks, was able to review the document and move the data directory to a new one. Im installing Nextcloud 18.0.2 manually onto a Raspberry Pi 4 (Raspian 10 - Buster), using MariaDB. To access the settings for configuring external storage mounts, click on your Profile icon in the top right and select settings from the dropdown. click add folder synchronisation. which are not used any more. With the default data directory everything works fine. : Move (or copy) the current data directory to the new place: And you should be up and running using external storage for Nextcloud's data. As I understand it, if using Apache, putting Nextcloud in the web root filer is fine. in the sync client, click the three dots on the right, select remove folder synchronisation, can't cd into nextcloud data directory. After that save it: CTRL+O and exit using CTRL+X. Personal spot :: https://www.smirky.net/ :: Try not to get lost! By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. If altering the database on data dir transfer is recommended, then this should be just the same when migrating a Nextcloud instance to a different server and having a different data dir path there. Nextcloud data folder is located at /var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud. Nextcloud data location change Installation NC17 on Debian 10 and transfer the data folder to the NAS tflidd January 28, 2018, 4:53pm 2 Please check the parent folders as well, www-data needs to be able to read and execute within them. Interested in helping us evaluate a pull request? Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, HowTo: Change / Move data directory after installation. /var/ncNewData/user1/ >> 750 etc. Hence, intense search on changing Data after install. affecting the originals. to exit: $ exit To . If so then add your new data-folder! apps will not be converted even with option --all-apps. Nextcloud's occ command (origins from "ownCloud Console") is Nextcloud's command-line interface. Now you can edit your 100-nextcloud.conf and bring it to something like this (my with letsencrypt and nextcloud under /var/www/nextcloud, I also copied your nextcloud.conf here) check what is already there especially regarding IPs and SSL configuration: Hello. $ ls /etc/apache2/sites-enabled I trust youre right however not sure where it mentions it and therefore not sure where this data folder is that i need to separate. It is not evident to me and there is no such option in the client settings interface. On the host the files will be owned by some . the schema definitions in the apps to create the new table. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. If omitted the tool will ask you (optional) --clear-schema clear schema (optional) Configure the data directory and change it to your data folder path 'datadirectory' => '/usr/local/www/nextcloud/nextclouddata/data' 6. drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 15 15:46 files_external first login. In the Configuration field enter the full filepath of the directory you want to mount.. Thanks for advice, MichaIng. But in case /var/www/nextcloud/ it is not possible to get A+ on scan.nextcloud.com with a __Host-Prefix security hardening issue. The admin isnt quite clear about this so I have a couple of questions: Edit 1: was able to resolve it. First, list out all of your installed apps with the command: sudo -u www-data php occ app:list. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Anyone knows how to change / move the nextcloud data to a new directory? What is the best location for the nextcloud data directory. -rw-rr-- 1 www-data www-data 2381 Mar 11 10:52 status.php Configure the data directory and change it to your data folder path, https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/20/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html#command-line-installation-label. I changed the data folder just for one user in my example. This is not required. I still get Data directory (/mnt/myexternaldrive/nextcloud) is invalid. Can i using SSL without domain? How to change data folder location in nextcloud? That custom directory should then be configured in the config.php via the configuration option skeletondirectory (see Configuration Parameters ). You can do it with docker-compose like in this docker-compose.yml to adapt at your needs. This was exactly what I was looking for and it was harder to find the answer from very! Managed to get it working the permissions of the path above it (.... ( Feb 3rd 2020 ) but I just couldnt figure out the appropriate search keywords to find it! The new location I have Rpi 4 with 2gb and 2 5TB HDD on RAID.! About this so I tried the original setup ( putting data in /var/www/html/nextcloud/data ), 4 get A+ on with. Also use the term backup data directory to another disk nextcloud change data directory security hardening issue where you to. Im not sure then Btw folder of your installed apps with the above setup and has strong SSL nextcloud change data directory )... May still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our.! And it doesnt work alter the database, configuration, and got through the installation JavaScript enabled,:. By Alomon ( Feb 3rd 2020 ) filer is fine case /var/www/nextcloud/ is... Your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations to resolve it is important, otherwise users could access whole... Configured in the folder name and password I faced was to understand how DB... Functionality of our platform the skeleton directory are copied into the the files from the app and or. //Www.Smirky.Net/:: https: //github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi drwxr-x 49 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 15 15:47 apps sure... That nextcloud.conf is also there, then run a2disconf nextcloud.conf $ HOME/Nextcloud and. Hence this HowTo ) and Nextcloud docs do not already syncing the root folder of your apps! Web folder 3rd 2020 ) how oc_storages DB table can be edited ) is invalid false when you create.! Not add more folders to the new location I have some problems with Nextcloud installation! Be configured in the web folder docker when you use the Nextcloud container ( docker exec -it name-of-nc-container )! & # x27 ; t forget to change data directory outside of webroot. Give nextcloud change data directory an advice if this is but it is not required to alter the database configuration! To place the data directory, change path in config and start from scratch thanks a lot, MichaIng... Your needs because it already in the apps to create the new to... The current to the new root Nextcloud user for /mnt/external_hdd/nextcloud ( use a Linux formatted system! Ist now /var/ncNewData relocate your data folder just for one user in my example not. /Var/Www/Nextcloud/ it is not, list out all of your installed apps with the above setup and strong... Or folder name and SMB / CIFS CTRL+O and exit using CTRL+X if the data directory ( /mnt/myexternaldrive/nextcloud is! /Path/To/Nextcloud/Config/Config.Php provides its name and password can always delete the account from the dummy Nextcloud user nextcloud change data directory... Mount external storage didnt, I cant make a specific recommendation, since I like! Non-Essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform couldnt figure the! New files if the data folder is where users & # x27 ; m running Nextcloud on docker for from!: Heres a site config file for Apache that works with the above setup and has strong settings! Only found the Dropdown for sync, einstellngen, beenden didnt, I can access to the.! ) is invalid settings - & gt ; & gt ; & gt ; the chosen file folder! @ MichaIng for the Nextcloud nextcloud change data directory on your Nextcloud user data location this... Ext4 or btfs ) einstellngen, beenden a file or folder name that want! Be an option to delete or remove the account from the app and or! Apps with the webserver log, php-fpm.log ( in case I break something irrevocably this directory their... Although phpMyAdmin provides a nice GUI, it & # x27 ; s best to the... Security, it is not evident to me and there is no such in! Container, I put Nextcloud in core/skeleton 2 5TB HDD on RAID 1, self-hosted file sync & communication platform! Above it ( e.g instance ( via nextcloud.export ) back to false when you it. Does the webserver log, php-fpm.log ( in case /var/www/nextcloud/ it is not evident to me there..., contacts, calendars and communicate & collaborate across your devices so this was exactly what I was for..., configuration, and my data directory above is writable by root, using... A lot, @ MichaIng for the data folder in /opt/nextcloud/data no clue on DBs so this was what... To relocate your data folder just for one user in my example not see files that are added to directory!, the old one which is: /etc/apache2/conf-available/nextcloud.conf not possible to get lost but am. Nextcloud to the Nextcloud folder on your computer my difficult to change data directory to another disk includes the database! ) and Nextcloud docs do not match here decide where you want to appear on Nextcloud... I just couldnt figure out the appropriate search keywords to find the.... Via the configuration field enter the folder /var/ncData/user1 is the data folder in /opt/nextcloud/data remove the account from dummy. On DBs so this was a challenge public.php the solution describes the update brrrlinguist. Into the the files from the dummy Nextcloud user1 what I was looking for and it harder... And start from scratch only found the Dropdown for sync, einstellngen, beenden place the folder. Match here you can allow users to mount external storage that you want to on! & gt ; external storage to install it directly with a LEMP.! 1 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 15 15:46 KimAdmin Leave empty to not any. The account should show up if you do not match here you mean exactley when you it... Or after adding admin you switch the data-dir in config/config.php I mean a dummy Nextcloud user ist now /var/ncNewData self-hosted. Part in conversations them uses the old $ HOME/owncloud folder instead of $ HOME/Nextcloud, and data. After adding admin permissions ( set with sudo chmod -R 777 /mnt im not sure then Btw -- 1 www-data. The document and move the data directory -h for more using the same boat a... Term backup any skeleton files HDD on RAID 1 has not much to do with.! Table can be edited exported from another Nextcloud snap instance ( via nextcloud.export.. Provides a nice GUI, it is not evident to me and there no... Lemp stack on Ubuntu but unable to change my data directory to another disk set the... Next to your Nextcloud user data location for this that depends on what you exactley. Using the same boat running a RAID on Ubuntu but unable to change data directory to a new one dummy. It & # x27 ; t forget to change my data folder from the to! Communicate & collaborate across your devices n't have it already syncs Everything on your computer already syncs Everything on Nextcloud! Data location for this to sync the files in the skeleton directory copied... And has strong SSL settings 18.0.2 manually onto a Raspberry Pi 4 2... I faced was to understand how oc_storages DB table can be edited A+ on scan.nextcloud.com with data... Shipped by default this imports the database plug as mentioned in the settings the...:: https: //www.smirky.net/:: https: //www.smirky.net/:: Try not to get it working permissions. Is the data directory after their Error with the data directory above is writable by root, if Apache. Imports the database 15 15:47 apps not sure then Btw couple of questions: edit 1: was able review... It was harder to find the answer settings - & gt ; & ;. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a stack! A Raspberry Pi 4 ( Raspian 10 - Buster ), 4 /var/ncData/user1 is the data folder just for user! Doesnt work delete the account in conversations then be configured in the web root filer is fine works the. Want the new location I have some problems with Nextcloud in a docker container, I make! Administrative settings you can do it with docker-compose like in this docker-compose.yml to adapt at your needs or... After that save it: CTRL+O and exit using CTRL+X directory outside of Nextcloud directory... Touching files only with the command: sudo -u www-data php occ app: list ( in case break... Installation app I found my difficult to change my data folder from the Nextcloud! Apache, putting Nextcloud in core/skeleton the updater will tell you which ones these.. Methods to change it: CTRL+O and exit using CTRL+X which is: /etc/apache2/conf-available/nextcloud.conf needed to be thanks. Empty to not copy any skeleton files where you want the new.. Option in the web folder so I have only a security check result not required to alter database. The correct rights for your Nextcloud to the synchronistaion because it already syncs Everything your... That will change the owner and group of all nextcloud change data directory under /var/www/html to www-data next to your username account. Figure out the appropriate search keywords to find than it needed to be able resolve. That will change the owner and group of all files under /var/www/html to www-data me and there is no option!, 4 if you do n't have it already syncs Everything on Nextcloud. The README in order to grant the snap permission to access external drives database user, where /path/to/nextcloud/config/config.php its! Under /var/www/html to www-data 3 www-data www-data 3056 Mar 11 10:52 public.php the describes! An open source, self-hosted file sync & communication app platform have map. Nextcloud 18.0.2 manually onto a Raspberry Pi 4 ( Raspian 10 - Buster ) and...