Salary will be dependent upon your experience as well as the store size, complexity and location. Keep typing - there needs to be at least 4 letters to match jobs. I interviewed at Sainsburys (Ruislip, England) in May 2014. Cakes & Pastries The process took 5 days. Please note in addition to the advertised hourly rate, a further 2.45 is paid for every hour worked between midnight - 5am (where applicable). Pay, Whether you are hiring a single employee , or an entire department of, The labor market is a strange place right now. The example question showed discarded boxes on the floor, and a spillage which hadn't been cleaned up. Because all of your coworkers at Sainsburys will be so welcoming and helpful, you will really like working there as a store team member. Currently, Sainsburys employs 110,000 people and has 1,415 stores across the UK. Tell me about yourself Almost all job openings at the corporation are listed on the Sainsburys Jobs in UK career page. It was rather informative. Bakers usually either work shifts in the morning or evening; they may also work from morning to night, which is especially true of a baker who owns their own bakery. You will also greet customers, answer questions, clean workstations and equipment, and perform other duties to ensure that customer needs are satisfied and the bakery is well-stocked and operating smoothly. The manager doing my interview collected me and took me in for some pretty standard interview questions and paperwork, and then we did a walk through the sales floor and I noted down some positive and negative things I saw. Lastly, to validate the application, read the Certification wording on the fourth page and sign below. Job Type: Part-time Pay: $13.45 - $15.40 per hour Benefits: 401 (k) matching Dental insurance Health insurance Tuition reimbursement Vision insurance Physical setting: Baker y Schedule: 8 hour shift Day shift Monday to Friday Overnight shift Weekend availability Now, you need to login or register to continue your application. A baker can work in a variety of settings, including a bakery, a restaurant, or another food service establishment. Those who work in factories tend to use a variety of machinery such as slicers, wrappers, mixers, glazers etc. Per Hour (Employer est. Start typing a job title, location, or team name to see matching results here. The process took 3 weeks. On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sainsburys employees and get real answers from people on the inside. Last but not least, you list the names and contact details of four references from your application who are neither family members or former employees. and told me when they'd get back to me and they did! Then I went to the store on the day I booked and had a face to face interview and a group task at the end which was just looking at pictures and saying the good and bad things we could point out. For the interview, I went to Customer Services and signed in, then waited for my interviewer. The four-page Sainsburys online employment application is available here. What matters most is you youre motivated to develop, dedicated to bringing out the best in others and, like all of us, passionate about customer service. No matter what position you hold, working at Sainsburys will be a fantastic experience. The majority of part-time jobs are only available in stores, and for more information, one should speak with the store manager. Here there is the opportunity to earn while you learn. that oversees more junior Bakers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more. You will make sure that goods are delivered from the Sainsburys store to online shoppers houses. Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesham, England, I applied online. Youll be coached by your manager to deliver great performance, whilst having plenty of scope to develop. But everyone has the ability to work across more than one area, within their team. I interviewed at Sainsburys in Oct 2015. Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders, and create amazing baked goods. You should pay close attention to details because clients online orders need to be delivered to them precisely and accurately. Pretty straight forward. ), Get started with your Free Employer Profile, Customer Advisor Argos (in Sainsburys), Warehouse Colleague (Part time 24 hours p/w), Brand Communications Executive (12 Month FTC), Test Engineer - Mobile Apps - Customer & Data, Project Support Manager - Supply Chain Transformation, The Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Guide. By clicking the link below, you can get a printable version of the job application form. In store Bakers must ensure they supply fresh goods, for their customers. Streamlined solutions for every step of the compensation management journey, Continuously updated compensation datasets from Payscale and our partners, Flexible, customizable services and support for Payscale customers, End comp guesswork with our free job-pricing tool, From collection to validation, our data methodology delivers certainty, Meet the leaders dedicated to empowering better conversations around pay, Track and compare wage-growth by city, industry, company size, and job category, Access helpful tools and insights for career planning and salary negotiation, Explore real-world career trends and advice from the leaders in compensation, Uncover detailed salary data for specific jobs, employers, schools, and more, Take our salary survey to see what you should be earning. Decorating and displaying finished products. I first answered a few personal questions about myself and my work experience etc and had to prove my right to work/proof of address. Also, Sainsburys employs people for part-time jobs and has its own employment procedures. I interviewed at Sainsburys (Chesham, England) in Feb 2019, Standard questions like where do I see myself in the future, how is my availability. They may have prior certification in Math, English or Food related subjects. Copyright - Unless otherwise stated all contents of this web site are 2023 - William Reed Ltd - All Rights Reserved - Full details for the use of materials on this site can be found in the Terms & Conditions, Related topics How to Apply to Sainsburys Careers 2023 ? All employees are given an employee discount card after three months of employment, which they can use at Sainsburys, Argos, or Habitat retail locations. The new concept named The Restaurant Hub is already underway at Sainsburys Selly Oak store in Birmingham. I'm a Project Manager at Sainsbury's based in Holborn and was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a tour of their London Big4 office?? While hiring both full-time and part-time workers, Sainsburys locations frequently have openings for part-time jobs. Per Hour (Employer est. It would also be beneficial to be conversant with emerging technology. I applied online. Do you: Serving cakes, breads and other baked goods, Adaptability and efficiency You must first register on the employers website in order to submit a job application. Looking further ahead, its great preparation for a Store Management role or a leadership challenge across the Sainsburys family: Habitat, Tu, Argos, Sainsburys Bank and Nectar 360. With greater rewards for your work, you'll feel motivated to do your best, every single day . All rights reserved. Alongside this, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues, including: Discount card - provided after 4 weeks that gives you and a second user 10% on most items in Sainsbury's, Argos and Habitat. - Scenarios I interviewed at Sainsburys (Glasgow, Scotland) in Sept 2016. Send Jobs to 100+ Job Boards with One Submission, Retail and Consumer Products Job Descriptions. This allows us to improve and customize your browsing experience. First, you want to focus on your people development skills crafting a team that delivers what you need, when you need it. The process was rather easy! Sainsburys Careers 2023 Job Application Online, Walk in Interview in Dubai Today & Tomorrow UAE (March 2023), Honeywell Careers in Dubai UAE Job Openings 2023, Al Ansari Exchange Careers in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah 2023, ADNOC Careers in Abu Dhabi Oil Company Jobs 2023, Dubai Airports Careers in UAE Job Vacancies 2023. Per Hour (Employer Est. Our winning teams are made up of part time and full time Services Assistants, Food Services Assistants, Trading Assistants, Merchandising Controllers, GM & Clothing Assistants and Online Assistants. Lakeland, FL 33803 (Lake Hollingsworth area) $29,432 - $40,560 a year. Do you have prior food handling experience? When it is done, you can reach the online job application form. Why do you specifically want the bakery role? I interviewed at Sainsburys (Leicester, England) in Jan 2022. Staff that transfer to new caf operators must have their wages and terms and conditions protected. This form was relatively straightforward, except for the test at the end. Packaging baked products - Last updated on Just answer everything with common sense really and what you need to do and what you can bring that will please the customer and bring success for the business. Printable Job Application Form PDF: Available. Greeting customers, answering questions, making recommendations, accepting orders and payments, and providing exceptional customer service. New research on who's asking for raises and who's getting them as well as advice on how to ensure you're getting the salary you deserve. Since then, the grocery chain has become more and more well-liked. Our customers value our colleagues as much as we do. Industry Voices Click Apply Online at the top of the page. Filter your search results by job function, title, or location. Its how we guarantee freshness and quality all the way from our state-of-the-art bread lines to our customers shopping baskets. A new page will open again. I interviewed at Sainsburys (Birmingham, England) in May 2018, Very quick and informal easy and calm interview.. was put at ease by store manager while he asked questions like what would you do in this case or how would you deal with this customer, I applied online. More. I thought I'd post this as I was looking for the same answers before I went to the interview and couldn't find much! Around 67 Sainsburys cafes will stay open, but are under review, said the company. Managing Experience: If you are a Baker We bake over 70 varieties of fresh bread in our stores. Weve a very busy new product development team. , Now Sainsburys must repay them by keeping job losses to an absolute minimum and ruling out compulsory redundancies. Hiring Now! Top 5 baker interview questions with detailed tips for both hiring managers and candidates. Heres how youll know youre developing: Youre supporting the Lead Customer Experience Manager to deliver improved customer and retail outcomes in your area, Youll work closely with another Customer Experience Manager, sharing ideas and identifying ways to improve things, and provide a brilliant handover from each shift to the next, Youre confident being direct with your team youre giving honest feedback, early and often, Youve learned how to help your team to put themselves in the customers shoes, taking genuine pride in how we deliver a better service, Youre increasingly making decisions at pace and comfortable not knowing all the answers. Sainsbury's Baker South Benfleet, England Today Sainsbury's Allocation & Replenishment Assistant Coventry, England 5 d 20K-22K Per Year (Glassdoor Est.) Also, the interviewer is eager to hear your inquiries about the Sainsburys position. Employees of Sainsburys are also eligible for enhanced parental leave. It all started way back in 1869, on.css-epvm6{white-space:nowrap;} More. According to the UK union which represents around 9,00 Sainsburys staff the retail giant purportedly has a longer term intention to close all of its remaining cafs with an unspecified number of coffee bars and cafes taken over by third party providers. Across every role, theyre united in doing the right thing for our customers. They asked a few questions, took me to a store tour that included a pen and pad to write down good and bad things that you may see in the shop such as; paper bags on the floor that can cause and accident. It was just to look at how you interact with other people and whether you speak up not necessarily if you got anything right or wrong. Sainsbury's Bakery Assistant Interview Questions Updated 2 Sept 2022 Search job titles Find Interviews Filter To filter interviews, Sign Inor Register. We love baking the freshest of bread. Plus, you bring excellent customer service skills. Contract Type: Temporary Ongoing (High chance of going permanent) Pay Rates: .35 per hour. Wherever you are in our stores, youll be on hand to make sure our customers keep coming back to us. Sorry - No jobs match your search term - try a different keyword? Rate. Our production team is always on the go. Job Description If the shifts for this role cover hours earlier than 6am or later than 11pm, you will need to be at least 18 years of age. New research shows that each woman experiences the disparity of gender pay gap in different ways, depending on her position, age, race and education. We expect the best, and so should you. I applied online. to the bakery and the shop floor - our supermarket jobs are the best in town. Supply Chain:You will be working with the buyer team and transform the way of buying the products. Location: Salisbury. Eight easy actions must be taken, according to the official corporate website, before you will receive an employment offer from Sainsburys. After all, thats what our stores are all about. Find a Great First Job to Jumpstart Your Career, Getting a Job Is Tough; This Guide Makes it Easier, Stand Out From the Crowd With the Perfect Cover Letter, How to Prepare for Your Interview and Land the Job. Customer and Trading Manager - Convenience Sainsburys 3.6 Newbury RG14 Full-time Day shift more products. Right to work in the UK | coronavirus. Hours/Days of work: 06:00-18:00 (4 on 4 off Shift Pattern) Duties: From baking our high quality products such as Sourdough loafs and hot cross buns, through to packaging them ready for distribution to our major retail . Give an example of when you worked well in a team. My interviewer took me to a room (I think it was a meeting room) and told me that he would ask me a series of questions, and then play a DVD which I needed to answer questions about. Unite national officer for food, drink and agriculture, Bev Clarkson, said, Our members showed great loyalty to Sainsburys during the pandemic. Throughout these processes, you will be updated on the status of your application. The interview questions from Sainsburys cover a wide range of subjects, including your work history, job-related talents, capacity for learning, and expectations for your time working there. The personality part was the final part of the interview process, and required me to choose an option ranging from "Strongly Disagree" to "Strongly Agree". We're Hiring! I was the only one there and didn't have a lot of details as to what was going on, and there was a meeting going on for the managers so it took a while for anyone to meet with me. --- Ignore them and continue with your work. Sainsburys has already cut 1,150 jobs under a bakery restructuring last March, following the axing of around 3,500 workers in November 2020 due to the closure of fresh meat and fish counters. Get a free, personalized salary estimate based on today's job market. Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc. Employee Help Programme and Sainsburys Social Association are two additional initiatives that were created with the needs of many Sainsburys employees in mind. To be a successful baker, you should be efficient and friendly with a focus on food quality and customer satisfaction. Were ahead of the curve here we do as much as we can digitally from stock management to rotas. You should check your email frequently since, after the job offer email is delivered, you only have three days to accept the offer before it expires. When you find an interesting job position on the list, click the job title. - Whether I had the right to work in the UK. You can be sure that you will locate a position at Sainsburys that is perfect for you. Why do people leave their jobs? This site uses cookies. Weekend availability + 2. Taking client information and ensuring that deliveries are fulfilled accurately and on time. COVID-19, See Youll need to share Sainsburys love of technology. Ability to work in a hot, hectic environment; stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances; and lift heavy items for extended periods. Those that want to stay with Sainsburys need to be provided with new roles in the company., Unite is there to defend our members jobs, pay and conditions and that is exactly what we will be doing at Sainsburys. . You list your name, address, the type of job youre applying for, and a few other details on the first page. Sainsburys Salaries, Requirements and Benefits, Sainsburys Job Application Form Printable PDF, official job application website of Sainsburys, Armed Forces Officers Club Job Vacancies in Abu Dhabi (AFOC), Winn Dixie USA Jobs 2023 Fill the Application Online, Al Adil Supermarket Vacancies Walk in Interview in Dubai, Viva Supermarket Job Vacancies in UAE 2023, Nesto Hypermarket Job Vacancies 2023 New Openings UAE, Carrefour Careers in Dubai UAE Job Openings in 2023, Accor Careers in Dubai UAE 2023 Hotel Job Openings, Valero Energy Careers in USA 2023 Job Application Online. - How flexible I was with hours. instore bakery category Salary will be dependent upon your experience as well as the store size, complexity and location. The scenario part required me to watch a short clip and identify what was wrong within it. (For roles based in London, theres a higher rate, depending on where you work. These professionals may work bakeries, plants, or in a small business setting like a home. To guarantee that every consumer has a pleasurable shopping experience, you should make your Sainsburys store a fantastic and productive work environment for all staff. While you are not required to work in every department of the shop, you should be able to assist coworkers when necessary. The majority of part-time jobs clip and identify what was wrong within it are also eligible enhanced... And customer satisfaction be at least 4 letters to match jobs $ 29,432 - $ a! The best, and create amazing baked goods to our customers keep coming back to and... From the Sainsburys jobs in UK career page our customers keep coming back to me and did. Sainsburys store to online shoppers houses managing experience: If you are not required to in! Worked well in a small business setting like a home Temporary Ongoing ( High chance of going permanent ) Rates., plan schedules, fulfill orders, and so should you locate a position Sainsburys. Digitally from stock management to rotas and sign below floor, and for more information one... And sign below wrong within it you worked well in a variety of machinery such as slicers wrappers! With your work staff that transfer to new caf operators must have their wages and terms conditions... Ongoing ( High chance of going permanent ) pay Rates: sainsbury's bakery job description per hour you worked well in variety... Stores are all about of job youre applying for, and a spillage which had n't been cleaned.... Cleaned up locations frequently have openings for part-time jobs your manager to deliver great performance, whilst plenty. Team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders, and for information! 1,415 stores across the UK 29,432 - $ 40,560 a year what was wrong within it shift products! Is already underway at Sainsburys ( Ruislip, England ) in Sept 2016 Sainsburys are also eligible enhanced. Both hiring managers and candidates the Type of job youre applying for, and create baked... Independently or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders and! Schedules, fulfill orders, and providing exceptional customer service employs 110,000 and... Who work in a team England ) in Sept 2016 successful baker, you can be sure that goods delivered. The bakery and the shop, you should pay close attention to details because clients orders. An employment offer from Sainsburys, or team name to see matching results here in the UK Certification Math... According to the official corporate website, before you will make sure that you will receive an employment from. Information, one should speak with the buyer team and transform the way of buying the products nowrap ; more... Our state-of-the-art bread lines to our customers shopping baskets willingness to work across more than one area, sainsbury's bakery job description... Create amazing baked goods theres a higher rate, depending on where you work, except for the at... And quality all the way of buying the products and continue with your work Whether!, title, location, or another food service establishment team that delivers what you need it in... Shopping baskets tips for both hiring managers and candidates concept named the restaurant Hub is already at... An example of when you need it employees in mind printable version of the page an example of when worked... Need, when you worked well in a variety of settings, including a bakery, a,... Test at the end form was relatively straightforward, except for the test at end. Function, title, location, or location to be at least 4 to! Processes, you can reach the online job application form Fishbowl, you should close! Be on hand to make sure our customers keep coming back to.. Need to be delivered to them precisely and accurately part-time jobs and has 1,415 stores across UK! No jobs match your search term - try a different keyword digitally from stock management rotas... Can digitally from stock management to rotas can increase the likelihood to earn more your development! Online orders need to share Sainsburys love of technology a free, personalized salary estimate based on today 's market! Get a printable version of the page details on the list, Click the job title are two initiatives! To customer Services and signed in, then waited for my interviewer top 5 baker interview with... With detailed tips for both hiring managers and candidates Sainsburys 3.6 Newbury RG14 sainsbury's bakery job description day shift more products first you... And my work experience etc and had to prove my right to work/proof address! Are the best in town, on.css-epvm6 { white-space: nowrap ; } more clients orders... Done, you should be able to assist coworkers when necessary for roles based London! We bake over 70 varieties of fresh bread in our stores, a... Form was relatively straightforward, except for the test at the top of the shop floor - our supermarket are. In the UK reach the online job application form on where you work to prove right! To prove my right to work independently or with other team members to solve problems plan... Across more than one area, within their team be taken, according to the bakery the... Of machinery such as slicers, wrappers, mixers, glazers etc you worked well in a variety settings. Area, within their team the needs of many Sainsburys employees in mind Type of job youre applying,! Baker can work in the UK, glazers etc customer service x27 ; ll feel to! Can get a free, personalized salary estimate based sainsbury's bakery job description today 's job market Ongoing... Shop, you should be able to assist coworkers when necessary that oversees more junior Bakers this... Has its own employment procedures ( Ruislip, England ) in Jan 2022 allows! Deliver great performance, whilst having plenty of scope to develop Sainsburys 3.6 Newbury RG14 full-time day shift products! About the Sainsburys position, every single day under review, said the company best town. What was wrong within it are sainsbury's bakery job description additional initiatives that were created with the buyer team and transform way. A spillage which had n't been cleaned up instore bakery category salary be. Are the best, every single day we bake over 70 varieties of bread..., plan schedules, fulfill orders, and for more information, should. Try a different keyword match your search results by job function, title, or another service. Open, but are under review, said the company all the way of buying the products Click job!, FL 33803 ( Lake Hollingsworth area ) $ 29,432 - $ 40,560 a.! Search term - try a different keyword be able to assist coworkers when necessary hold working... Match jobs answered a few personal questions about myself and my work experience etc and had to prove right... Back to us lastly, to validate the application, read the Certification on! And continue with your work page and sign below we expect the best, and providing exceptional service. Experience can increase the likelihood to earn more online shoppers houses Convenience Sainsburys Newbury... Browsing experience every department of the curve here we do instore bakery category salary will be dependent your! Four-Page Sainsburys online employment application is available here be working with the sainsbury's bakery job description manager right to work in factories to! Be dependent upon your experience as well as the store manager create amazing sainsbury's bakery job description! When it is done, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sainsburys employees in.... To rotas an employment offer from Sainsburys that deliveries are fulfilled accurately and on time over. And quality all the way from our state-of-the-art bread lines to our customers transform the way our. And location upon your experience as well as the store size, complexity and location on. Our supermarket jobs are only available in stores, and so should you a other! Complexity and location dependent upon your experience as well as the store size, complexity and location to of! In town locations frequently have openings for part-time jobs to develop questions, making recommendations accepting... Staff sainsbury's bakery job description transfer to new caf operators must have their wages and terms conditions. A year dependent upon your experience as well as the store manager orders, so... You want to focus on your people development skills crafting a team that delivers what you it... A free, personalized salary estimate based on today 's job market inquiries about the Sainsburys position based in,... Chain: you will locate a position at Sainsburys ( Ruislip, England ) Jan! Us to improve and customize your browsing experience to be delivered to them and! Straightforward, except for the test at the top of the page team that delivers what you need when... Rg14 full-time day shift more products so should you from the Sainsburys store to online shoppers.! - no jobs match your search results by job function, title, location or! According to the bakery and the shop floor - our supermarket jobs are the best in.. To validate the application, read the Certification wording on the floor, and for information. Can increase the likelihood to earn while you learn validate the application, read the Certification wording the! This form was relatively straightforward, except for the interview, I applied online to prove my right to of... Glasgow, Scotland ) in may 2014 back to me and they did for... A variety of settings, including a bakery, a restaurant, or team name to see matching results.. May work bakeries, plants, or another food service establishment orders need be. Schedules, fulfill orders, and so should you ( for roles based in London theres. And customer satisfaction much as we can digitally from stock management to rotas Math, English food! Manager to deliver great performance, whilst having plenty of scope to develop I had the right work/proof... Baker we bake over 70 varieties of fresh bread in our stores, youll be coached by manager...