While my team was dedicated and hard-working, the amount of effort they were putting in on a regular basis was unsustainable. i was ask make a proposal on additional staff in my department, we are currently working a two shift schedule with one set of staff working 24 hours all through the week except sundays, this is causing heavy payment of overtime, i discovered that with additional staff we can still be running two shifts of same 24 hours with less budget, please kindly help me with a template on how to put up this proposal in a proper way thanks dipo s o. Hi Dipo! The person in charge of the Human Resources Department or the person in charge of hiring. The project barely has ten months of work; therefore, I request you to investigate the following details on the hurdles of project initiation. If youre told no the first time, ask why and listen carefully to the answer, he advises. Customize the documents to include your company's due diligence requirements when adding additional headcount. The job title the rank of new position should be known. You might also include in this methodology what could happen if the company is unable to hire qualified additional staff. We require more people to work as representatives because there has been a reduction in the productivity of currently working representatives because of the workload. How will it help? If lack of manpower will cause a significant slowdown in your department, describe how this slowdown will affect other departments in the company. It represented an extra 30% of time and effortfrom each person on the team. 3. For example, your needs assessment might include descriptions of average employee tenure, succession planning, employee training and development, and attrition and turnover. Please note that all such forms and policies should be reviewed by your legal counsel for compliance with applicable law, and should be modified to suit your organizations culture, industry, and practices. Think about the last time a new position was approved in your small business. Contact Us, Product Licenses Sample Letter Requesting Additional Staff. I am a director who is trying to justify hiring another salaried supervisor. The HR team researched the company's needs, assessed the current labor market and estimated the overall cost for the additional employees. The first thing that comes to mind when youre dealing with overtime expenses if figure out how much youre paying in overtime labor. Ariane Laird is CEO & Founder of ConnectsUs HR, a company that provides tools & resources to quickly set up a Human Resources department. The small company, which is based in Louisville, Colo., and sells pharmaceutical-grade nutritional supplements, had never had a human resource function or offered employee benefits when Parrish came on board. Mental Health Portal Methods for Workload Analysis and Evaluation of Headcount 3. Is employee satisfaction down. Follow these five steps to increase your chances for success. The Position Justification Form will take some time to complete by yourmanagers asking for additional headcount. He acknowledged that the evidence was clear and the vision and future goals we were working towards we indeed the right ones. We require 10 more people working as the full-time customer service representative who can share the workload on the currently working people. Address the letter. For example, if the goal is to increase sales by 30 percent, more HR help would be needed to hire and support additional sales staff. Requesting more staff for your team can alleviate many burdens, but it requires discussing costs and capabilities with your company's leadership. Building a solid business case can get you the help you need. I had never thought about it in those terms, but it was completely true. So I began my quest for data. Gain the intel you need now to successfully anticipate and navigate employment laws, stay compliant and mitigate legal risks. You simply need to use the sample request letter format above and make adjustments accordingly. If you dont get those people, what might be some of the impacts? However, the 20% value is arbitrary; you could certainly use a number you feel is more appropriate. Activities that add the greatest value, such as policy development and performance management, should be handled internally, whereas high-risk, low-reward transactional HR tasks, such as payroll and benefits administration, might be candidates for outsourcing. It is a letter in which a person has to justify why he needs more staff members. The companys website is bearing hundreds of complaints about the shipment process which is also because of the understaffed workload. Employee Headcount Justification Template How to Justify Adding Staff Free Downloadable Template. Mention if the request is for permanent or temporary employees. [/ezcol_2third] [ezcol_1third_end], Format: .zip File (PDF Guide; Excel Templates). Justifying the Requirement of Additional Staff for Outbreak of Workload in the KYEL Construction Project-20XX Contract no. Need help with a specific HR issue like coronavirus or FLSA? Managers may even threaten to quit! We all want happy and healthy employees.Get them on their feet! Include Keywords. 77043, for Setting up a Department of Human Resources, Newsletter. Celarity is an award-winning Staffing & Recruiting agency for Marketing, Creative & Digital talent with a mission: Creating happy careers with meaningful connections. The budget for additional staff is more than just what employees earn. V6J 1M8, 1321 Upland Drive When a few people have shown that they are incapable to work. Your need for staff also might result from not having the right employees. Here is a sample headcount justification presentation that can help you formulate your argument to get more people and hire additional staff. Ensures due diligence is done and there is strong business rationaleto support a request for moreheadcount. -OntarioEmployee Handbook Template, Small Business Renewals Justifying the expense can be difficult, but the pandemic's impacts on small businesses and departments make it a much harder conversation for many. When Request is Needed Evidence for Need Supporting Documentation Parity (HRS Code new employees at higher 041) le Sample Justification Wording For Faculty, see: https://provost.wisc. Use of International Standard ISO 10993 1 Biological This letter is being written to you because a need for additional staff members has been identified. Here, you should tell how many people need, for how long you need these supplementary people, whether you need full-time workers or part-time workers, and some other specifics. Due to this, the customer base of the company has also increased. Can the additional headcount be a temporary expense? . The impetus is on HR to advocate for yourself and ask for the authority to do what you can to help leadership attain their vision, Parrish says. Learn how to manage the right way and dont be afraid to be unconventional. For example, averaging employee tenure is a simple calculation: For some departments, you might want to examine individual employee tenure to estimate attrition numbers. Impact on goals a company is trying to achieve, Indisputable facts that highlight a need for action, How the business has been/will be negatively impacted by not hiring, An increase in the number of projects being assigned to the team but with the same number of resources (or less) assigned to complete the tasks, Working hours of current staff, which show everyone is consistently working extended hours. Depending on the size of your organization and the complexity of your staffing plan, your request for additional staff proposal should have at least four basic sections: Some proposals may require additional sections, such as Project Evaluation and Communication Strategy, but a human resources planning proposal may not need more than the basic four. I would like to hire one full-time associate to help cover evenings and weekends when the branch office does the most business. We are actually working on something now that we hope to be released this fall. Vancouver, BC Also, consider how much of the work that the new hire would handle is going to be HR work. Step 2. Youve probably witnessed that discussion more times than you can count. Check out our 20-minute Retaining Talent presentation! A long-term position could be opened and filled for the wrong reasons, for example, to meet a seasonal work crunch that could have been met with a temporarycontractor. You need to think of a definition for the position so you can have something to refer to it by during the course of your letter. Members can get help with HR questions via phone, chat or email. While hiring must be carefully controlled, it does not need to be impossible. The executives conversations also might bring to light situations that HR can help address, she says. What are the consequences of not hiring help? Very interesting article! Get prepared forthe resistance you'll encounter from your managers. Our workers have been overburdened and paying extra time for the goals which is already a negative impact on the companys repute. Its used by managers to: A good Position Justification Form includes exploration of each of the3 justification options we discuss above. The team of the KYEL has been given the schedule of the project completion till 01-12-20XX. If your request is denied, the representative will receive an email detailing the reason for the denial. 1. Theresa Minton-Eversole is a writer based in Alexandria, Va. You have successfully saved this page as a bookmark. For Faculty Hires: Please provide a 1-2 line summary of your request, include your Pre-Hire and/or Hire . The section below helps you to create a comprehensive new employee proposal to request additional staff. When youre asking for an increase in staff, focus on: In addition, think about how many employees you need to hire and what kind (full-time, part-time, temporary, freelance, etc.). The letter will communicate the urgency of doing this. If possible, you could offer your assistance with interviewing candidates to ensure the right person is hired. Opening salutations. My current situation is I have a fantastic temp employee who is doing the role of a marketing associate. (Explain the actual cause and situation). Working at a humane society allowed Jill Leviticus to combine her business management experience with her love of animals. For how to present your information, I would recommend you go to this page: https://www.managersresourcehandbook.com/tools-and-templates/, The following free downloads should help you put your story together: 1. You will need to focus on the benefits the resource will add. Here is a sample presentation to help you put together a business case to hire more staff. The plan outlined new product development ideas which we believed would help make the firm more competitive. MRH POLL (Results Display After You Answer)! All too often, I see managersask for more people and more resources, butthen fail to put any sort of solid rationale or justificationtogether. The following are tips to consider when writing a training request letter: Show your appreciation for your company in the letter. Benefits include paid time off, insurance and retirement savings contributions. Talking about the fiscal acclivity, it will cost the company $8230 to hire the aforesaid staff on a temporary basis for a period of six months (until the project completes). The details are set forth in this proposal approval by the ABC Company executive leadership team. I shall be thankful to you for this consideration. For example, assume that in January your team of 5 people had about 6 weeks of foreseeable scope. $("span.current-site").html("SHRM MENA "); -BCEmployee Handbook Template The new advertising campaign has already brought in an additional $250,000 since September, which is more than enough to cover the cost of 30 half-time seasonal employees working at minimum wage for a three month period. Follow the steps in this guide to help you build a solid business case to justify an increase in headcount for your team. But building a solid business case that aligns with the companys strategic goals can get you the help you need. This growth in the customer base speaks volumes about the performance of the employees in the company. For example, the cost to employ someone who earns $50,000 a year is approximately $15,850, making the total cost for that employee $65,850 year. I knew this Vice President had always sought a larger impact from our team in the business. Sub: Request to Appoint a New Employee. Ignorethe title this book packs in loads of great ideas for ANY company looking to connect with customers. The Vice President broke his fixation with his iPhone and looked up at the screen. But then again, the data did not lie. The take away is that there are some tough decisions and sacrifices to be made because my monthly household budget has a bottom line. For example, increased overtime for current employees, loss of productivity or sales, or low employee morale because the current workforce is carrying the burden of excessive workloads could result. Often, the person responsible for HR is doing work thats not really HRs role, Herrmann says. hbbd```b``i{0IfddLq X&L`DH uL-` Dd $&H?sH]$ 00~AJg` When it came time for a face to face meeting with the Vice President of my organization, I started by sharing our vision for growth. Team ConnectsUs Ohmae highlights examples of mistakes firms made in their product development strategies, falling short in the worlds marketplace. Does the position have to be full time? Filter & Search. Will that added staff help you avoid paying significant overtime, or help better schedule work to be done? We're paying close to that right now in overtime. Suite 202 Probably never. This type of planning generally occurs before the company opens its doors for business. Draft the structure of your letter Before you start writing the content of your letter, familiarize yourself with an appropriate structure. How do I position the business case, knowing the expense will be greater for the company? This way you will be able to get your request accepted. Add your direct manager's name to the top of the letter. FORHR CONSULTANTS Who will the staffer report to, and what specific work will be performed? When it is time to expand your workforce, you will first need to submit a request to the head of your department or company for approval to hire a new employee. Legislation Increasing staff size in the HR department is never an easy sell. This could be a broad assertion, such as saying that the resources you're requesting will help increase sales or cut costs. The ABC Company Human Resource Manager, [insert name], submits this proposal, dated [insert date] to justify the addition of five additional staff across two departments: Corporate Sales and Accounting. In the next column, detail the work: 2600 requests per month @ 4 . The Position Justification Form if(currentUrl.indexOf("/about-shrm/pages/shrm-china.aspx") > -1) { Personnel: Provide employee(s) (including names for each identified position) of the applicant/recipient organization, including in-kind costs for those positions whose work is tied to the grant project. Facts that highlight a need for action. I was stunned. It will completely ease you to look guide Justification To Hire Additional Staff Sample as you such as. It's very likely that you'll never see the ones that don't! Members may download one copy of our sample forms and templates for your personal use within your organization. After a brief discussion the Vice President, looking up from his iPhone, granted his immediate approval to hire 3 more people on the spot. Company and industry trends. Before you write the proposal, you should well aware of the total number of people needed to be hired as additional staff. With this monetary state, we still can achieve more than $1.8M which is our goal for this project. Pay attention to timing. You can contact her directly from the Inquiry Type drop down menu. An additional budget request letter is a document requesting more money from a company or institution to complete a project. It should also set out the steps you took to look at each department's current resources and what you anticipate will be departmental future staffing needs. Sample Warning Letter to Employee for Tardiness, New Employee Introduction Letter Template, Sample Notification Letter to Clients - Minnesota, Sample Warning Letter to Employee for Misconduct. The new advertising campaign has increased sales by 40 percent, and we are falling behind in processing orders within 24 hours, which is our target goal. Tips to write a proposal for hiring additional staff: Before you start writing the proposal, you should identify your needs. Great tips and concepts that will help managers improve their mentoring and coaching skills. How much time was spent on thejustification to hire a new employee? Do you expect that volume of work to continue? Its important to use data and facts to bolster your position, as well as to tie the increase in headcount to business needs. Getting to Yes is packed with strategies and tips for negotiating a deal. You are simply providing them with the tool to fulfill those responsibilities. In reality how much more productivity do you think can attributed to increased efficiency alone without increasing staff? %%EOF I know a six month study of all the procedures done in an area will help but during that time the work continues to pile up and can get even worse when just increasing the staff by maybe one person could assist in solving the problem. I need your management book that help me in my managerial position to act accordingly. The company needs at least five IT professionals to initiate IT-related work for the building. State how many additional employees your team will need and when you would like them to start. Do you have specific skills gaps that need to be addressed? For example, can the department be re-organized to improve productivity? If an exception is needed to hire outside the standardized hire date . So when the teams hours dont reflect overtime, one might think there is no need to increase staff. However, we can't expect them to keep working 12-hour shifts. . Contingencies, such as background checks and candidates who need additional time for providing notice to current employers may cause delays. 588 0 obj <> endobj She holds a Master of Arts in sociology from the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Parent Clauses. Follow the tips given below: At the very start of the letter, it is very important to address the needs of the worker. Thank the employer for their review and consideration of your training request. It provides the framework so you know exactly what questions to ask. You can use data like this to calculate a specific deficit in your needs. $('.container-footer').first().hide(); Adding one full-time sales associate at an annual cost of $32,000 seems like a smart investment. With the above sample letter, you're good to go. Compensation for each employee includes annual wages or salaries, plus the cost of benefits. You could also send them this article! How to Justify Adding Staff Free Downloadable Template. Your company's name and address. Does it have to be filled by an employee? Avoid guessing when it comes to requesting additional staff. Justification of the Proposal of Hiring Additional Workforce for the Sector-905 Project based on Necessity and Unmanageable Workload, Request Letter to Boss for Vacation Leave, Request Letter to Judge for Leniency in Sentence, Application for Loss of College Identity Card, Disciplinary Action Notification for Unprofessional Conduct, Car Booking Cancellation Letter to Company, Apology Letter for not Joining the Company, Letter Apologizing for Unable to Join the Company, Leniency Letter To Judge Before Sentencing, Application Letter Samples for College Admission, 30-Day Friendly Eviction Notice to Landlord. Now, how many times have you heard the person they were asking their own manager, HR, or an executive promptly say Sure!? Take a look at the related samples and templates below: Legal Disclaimer: The information provided on TemplateRoller.com is for general and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Explain how the lack of manpower is preventing you from accomplishing your goals. Giving Back Companies depend on employees to create, handle and sell products and service, and new employees are necessary for a company to meet its growth goals. Neither members nor non-members may reproduce such samples in any other way (e.g., to republish in a book or use for a commercial purpose) without SHRMs permission. Use clear headings, concise wording and focused answers to ensure that your manager can quickly identify what is being requested and why. There can be serious consequences for not hiring if the current state of the customers, team, and business is suffering. One of the biggest problems with outsourcing ANYTHING is that there is the belief that quality and speed remains unchanged. An exception to this is when it can be shown that there's a high probabilityoffuture return on investment in human capital. You will encounter fierceresistance and push back from managers when asked to justify a new position and do the homework, particularly if your small business managers aren't accustomed to robust. Thank you.. endstream endobj startxref Please confirm that you want to proceed with deleting bookmark. Close with your name, job title, and department. We also need about 2-3 officials for data analysis and one associate for the project analysis. Along with this, people are not getting their shipment at their doors within the period of 48 hours which was the core objective of this sale project. If you can demonstrate that the payback for taking on extra workers . As of December 2017, the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics indicated the cost for private sector employee compensation was 31.7 percent of wages. The proposal requires input from your entire human resources team because staffing involves recruiting, employee training and development, and compensation. @DrJohnSullivan. Efficiency is important and putting an end to despondency can help but there are situations when saying just be more efficient does not solve the problem of inadequate staffing. Its best to plead your case when your company has the money and when you can identify where to save alternative dollars and spend; or when your team recently had huge accomplishments, Ask yourself if its best to broach this topic during budget planning, the beginning or the end of the fiscal year; be smart about it and base it on your own company structure, Always schedule an in-person, one-on-one meeting with the decision makers; avoid getting ignored or shot down by email, phone. You may hear words like, bureaucratic, unnecessary, or HR make-work project. Her work appears in "The Multi-Generational Workforce in the Health Care Industry," and she has been cited in numerous publications, including journals and textbooks that focus on human resources management practices. Suite 7166 [/ezcol_1half_end]. Employment Lawyers, Employee Handbook Kit Subject: Request for additional staff Sir/ Madam, Courteously, my name is ______ (name) and I am working in _______ (department) as ______ (designation) of your company i.e. The recruitment of additional staff on a temporary basis of eleven months can be of great importance as it has much importance in the project accomplishment. Don't rush the time frame within which you can bring on additional staff. Do you have specific gaps on your team? Jurisdiction. I hope this helps! I keep asking, but my request never gets approved! And I must admit that I used to think the same thing when I first became a manager. How many times have you seen a colleagueask for more resources? Many organizations base hiring decisions on cost, so your proposal's budget section should describe the costs and the basis for your projections. State your current departmental budget. Your trainers are grousing about long hours, short preparation times, and winging it . Ruth also is certified as a facilitator for the Center for Creative Leadership Benchmarks 360 Assessment Suite, and is a Logical Operations Modern Classroom Certified Trainer . Sample Letter To Request Update Sample Letters. For example, 6 months of tracking shows a 2-head deficit relative to capacity (ask salaried employees to track their hours in a spreadsheet), An overall decrease in employee satisfaction, work quality, and customer service, Decrease in qualified marketing and sales leads, Other enormous impacts on the overall goals of the company, Improved marketing efforts can positively impact the customer experience from a consumer perspective, Time to pursue career development opportunities can positively impact the morale and stability of a team, A focus on generating higher quality leads can positively impact big company goals such as increasing sales revenue, Pay attention to timing. We recently began providing employees with these standing desks and feedback has been tremendous. Portray your efforts thus far in your position. Thank you. Justification of the Proposal of Hiring Additional Workforce for the Sector-905 Project based on Necessity and Unmanageable WorkloadDear Sir, I am writing to show my sincere concerns on the matter of hiring new employees for the project of providing budget phones which are called sector-905 project. I am looking forward to meeting you in person to discuss this further after your response. Great for managers and business leaders who need to protect their interests. Im dealing with a situation right now where I have a team of about 30 technical professionals who are burdened by a lot of admin work (filling out forms, tracking data, uploading files to servers for our customers, etc.) So, follow these tips: The latest marketing, creative, and digital news and job openings, straight to your inbox each month. You then provide support for your claim in the body of the letter. We find ourselves getting to bed later each night to get things done and it just doesn't seem doable anymore. Along with a high-level summary of the issues and proposed solutions, include a cost-benefit analysis that shows the direct and indirect costs associated with keeping the status quo compared to those that would be incurred by adding the staffer. While there is a cost . After all, their team was very busy and they could really use some more people. A. Are you experiencing a higher turnover than normal? In addition to our 96-page ProGuide, you also get 5 editable templates that you can customize for your business, including: Get a Preview. Your session has expired. A short, easy story that offers many great insights for first-time managers. They did though, tell me I could hire a temp. My situation is that a while back the companys decision was to start outsourcing part of my department tasks: we no longer had an in-house editor/ copywriter. Letter, you & # x27 ; s name to the answer, he advises a solid case... That can help address, she says people working as the full-time customer service representative who can the. Consider how much time was spent on thejustification to hire one full-time associate to you... Wording and focused answers to ensure that your manager can quickly identify what is requested... Much time was spent on thejustification to hire one full-time associate to you. To proceed with deleting bookmark like them to start we believed would help make the firm more competitive team the... These five steps to increase your chances for success to fulfill those responsibilities a writer based in,! The above sample letter, familiarize yourself with an appropriate structure had never thought about it in those,! Solid business case to hire a new employee proposal to request additional staff: before you start the! Get things done and there is no need to increase staff later each to... Additional employees currently working people, but it was completely true product development ideas which we would... An employee those terms, but my request never gets approved and mitigate risks. Fulfill those responsibilities at a humane society allowed Jill Leviticus to combine her business management experience with her of. Negative impact on the companys website is bearing hundreds of complaints about the last time a new?. A comprehensive new employee first-time managers because staffing involves recruiting, employee training and development, and department last a! Need your management book that help me in my managerial position to act accordingly your.. It in those terms, but it was completely true % of and! The position Justification Form includes exploration of each of the3 Justification options we discuss above you! Find ourselves getting to bed later each night to get your request accepted hiring... May cause delays can get you the help you avoid paying significant,. Calculate a specific HR issue like coronavirus or FLSA to business needs to keep working 12-hour shifts down.. Each person on the team the person in charge of hiring could happen if current! Size in the HR department is never an easy sell great ideas for company! With an appropriate structure quality and speed remains unchanged than $ 1.8M which is already a impact... Be known has been given the schedule of the biggest problems with outsourcing ANYTHING is that is. Team because staffing involves recruiting, employee training and development, and department Resources, Newsletter we hope be... Working 12-hour shifts you seen a colleagueask for more Resources copy of our sample forms Templates! Name, job title, and department providing employees with these standing desks and has... Missouri-Kansas City small business time off, insurance and retirement savings contributions not hiring if current. Think can attributed to increased efficiency alone without Increasing staff evidence was clear and the vision and goals! A number you feel is more appropriate for example, assume that January... For providing notice to current employers may sample request for additional staff with justification delays an appropriate structure trying to justify adding Free! Overburdened and paying extra time for the denial that added staff help you put together a business case that with. And winging it a training request is arbitrary ; you could certainly use a you! The building and winging it of Human Resources, Newsletter my managerial position to act accordingly think same!, BC also, consider how much youre paying in overtime labor this growth in customer... Title this book packs in loads of great ideas for ANY company looking to connect customers!, chat or email is the belief that quality and speed remains unchanged n't seem doable anymore, you #. Company executive leadership team drop down menu you such as background checks and candidates who need additional time providing! & # x27 ; re good to go retirement savings contributions was busy... Its used by managers to: a good position Justification Form will take some time to by. Winging it hundreds of complaints about the shipment process which is our goal for this project often, the of! Template how to justify adding staff Free Downloadable Template business management experience with her love of animals cost so! This Vice President had always sought a larger impact from our team in the customer base of understaffed! Employee includes annual wages or salaries, plus the cost of benefits presentation to help you need of! Excel Templates ) to: a good position Justification Form will take some time to complete a.... Assessed the current labor market and estimated the overall cost sample request for additional staff with justification the project completion till.! Need your management book that help me in my managerial position to act accordingly connect with customers something! Be afraid to be filled by an employee to work get prepared forthe resistance 'll! Each employee includes annual wages or salaries, plus the cost of benefits request is denied, the customer speaks. Within which you can use data and facts to bolster your position, as well as tie! Your team way and dont be afraid to be made because my monthly household budget a! Letter: Show your appreciation for your personal use within your organization assume that in your... Your trainers are grousing about long hours, short preparation times, and department and development, and department job! Questions to ask can attributed to increased efficiency alone without Increasing staff this to a. Provide a 1-2 line summary of your letter before you write the proposal, should. Light situations that HR can help address, she says the resource add... That comes to mind when youre dealing with overtime expenses if figure out how much youre paying in overtime.. Hiring another salaried supervisor is already a negative impact on the currently working.... In sociology from the Inquiry type drop down menu book packs in loads of great for! Human Resources, Newsletter responsible for HR is doing work thats not HRs. Use data like this to calculate a specific HR issue like coronavirus or FLSA one full-time associate to help evenings! To successfully anticipate and navigate employment laws, stay compliant and mitigate legal risks estimated the overall for... Well as to tie the increase in headcount to business needs be this. Insights for first-time managers it professionals to initiate IT-related work for the.... I have a fantastic temp employee who is trying to justify an increase in headcount to business needs better work... A deal the staffer report to, and winging it HR team researched the company opens its doors for.. About it in those terms, but my request never gets approved can... With outsourcing ANYTHING is that there 's a high probabilityoffuture return on investment in Human capital such... Why he needs more staff the payback for taking on extra workers of Justification! But it was completely true a significant slowdown in your needs Evaluation headcount! Customer base speaks volumes about the last time a new position should be.. And winging it approved in your department, describe how this slowdown will affect other in! Person has to justify hiring another salaried supervisor hire one full-time associate to help you formulate your argument get... Often, the 20 % value is arbitrary ; you could offer assistance! Probably witnessed that discussion more times than you can contact her directly from the University Missouri-Kansas. To sample request for additional staff with justification and department the3 Justification options we discuss above because my monthly household has... Grousing about long hours, short preparation times, and compensation youre no. Needs, assessed the current labor market and estimated the overall cost for the denial require 10 more people as... Provide a 1-2 line summary of your letter before you write the proposal, you should well aware of KYEL! Strategies, falling short in the HR department is never an easy.!, so your proposal 's budget section should describe the costs and the basis your. Based in Alexandria, Va. you have specific skills gaps that need to use data and facts sample request for additional staff with justification your... Must admit that i used to think the same thing when i first became a.! Away is that there are some tough decisions and sacrifices to be HR work need. Compensation for each employee includes annual wages or salaries, plus the of... Is hired the most business an sample request for additional staff with justification to this, the amount of effort they were putting on. Take some time to complete a project mistakes firms made in their product strategies... Dont get those people, what might be some of the impacts paid time off, and. Guessing when it comes to mind when youre dealing with overtime expenses if figure out how much more productivity you. Our sample forms and Templates for your claim in the HR team researched the is. Re-Organized to improve productivity has a bottom line is packed with strategies and for... Managerial position to act accordingly to go the above sample letter requesting additional staff sample as you such.. Temp employee who is trying to justify why he needs more staff members your request accepted all, their was. Thank you.. endstream endobj startxref Please confirm that you want to proceed with bookmark., and compensation schedule work to be addressed what questions to ask POLL ( Results Display after answer... Company looking to connect with customers theresa Minton-Eversole is a sample headcount presentation. Was completely true for example, can the department be re-organized to improve productivity all! Admit that i used to think the same thing when i first became manager. Hiring if the current state of the Human Resources department or the person responsible for HR is doing role!