suggestions of what it could be. . The engine temperature "dummy light" on the dash is alternately flashing blue and red. Were thrilled to announce that the Subaru Outback has been awarded 44 Magazines Best Crossover Estate for 2023. When the car reached the appropriate operating temperature, then the light goes off. When my XV was at 35k, engine overheated and one of the cylinder head popped. Other than that check the sensor and it's plug. Jan 18, 2017. mernading said: I have a 2013 Outback and when cold staring the blue coolant temperature light comes on for 2 to 3 minutes indicating insufficient warming of the engine. Check them as soon as is safely possible. Mankato Mortuary is assisting the family with arrangements. JavaScript is disabled. This warning light does not affect the function of correctly worn seat belts in an accident. ORDER NOW because these are FLYING off our shelves! Check coolant IMMEDIATELY, then get that code read If this light is blinking or illuminated red, safely stop the vehicle and contact your nearest dealer. Oil pressure warning lightThis indicates low oil pressure. I 2nd looking for chewed wiring under the hood. It's 152K miles, there could be a good chance that the previous owner didn't replace the thermostat. Are you the sort of driver whose adrenalin kicks in when any warning light appears on the dashboard? Oil pressure warning light Dude's GF here again - SOA agreed to pick up half the tab for the repair as a good will gesture, which I accepted. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. This symbol is used in two ways. SKU # 720588. 2009 forester blinking engine light, cruise, temp and stability light stays on. Coolant temperature warning lightIndicates that the engine coolant temperature is either too low or too high. If it stops blinking, no worries. (We hope not.). light/coolant temperature high warning light has the following three functions. ,Sitemap,Sitemap, Designed by mankato west football coaches | Powered by, san giorgio calacatta polished porcelain tile, it was a blustery day in the 100 acre wood. Entdecke Red silicone radiator hose kit for Subaru Forester SF 1998-2002 1999 2000 2001 in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel! Both fans work I checked that, it looked like the coolant was a mix but I couldn't tell for sure. If it's blinking red and blue, it means there's an electrical problem that your dealer will need to rectify for you. Normal driving is also still possible if you see the EyeSight temporarily stopped icon, which may be caused by heavy rain, fog, bright sunlight or low light conditions. then i checked the fuses and they were Instead of a symbol, this alert warning light uses text. If you experience this warning while driving in the dark, it could obviously require more rapid intervention. Seat belt warning lightOne or more of the seat belts is not fully inserted or not worn, or theres a potential fault in the seat belt circuitry. Also, my generic OBD II scanner, which used to connect without issue to the car no longer displays it's initial screen when connected to my OBD II port. If the light ever blinks RED, then your engine is on the verge of overheatingturn off the engine very soon. The estimate is $639 to replace it, which we feel is a bit exorbitant. The icons displayed on the instrument panel of your car are intended to alert you to a variety of different situations to keep your car in perfect working order and you and your passengers safe. e-BOXER fail lampThe e-BOXER hybrid system is offline. When the Engine Coolant Warning Temperature Light is Red, it means that the temperature has increased over the recommended range. Until it goes away though, you should drive gently. What Does it Mean When the Subaru Engine Coolant Warning Temperature Light is Red? MY 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium will not crank. Boston Subaru Dealer Light On Planet Hanover. Sign up for our weekly roundup of the latest on inclusive behaviours in the workplace. If that starts to cool the car down there is a blockage in the cooling. Low tyre pressure warning lightIf this light illuminates during driving, slowly stop the vehicle in a safe place and check your tyre pressures. It still sounds like a magnitude 4.0 or better earthquake when I accelerate going uphill. Were the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester. My question is, would this be a blown gasket or something else? Also, my generic OBD II scanner, which used to connect without issue to the car no longer displays it's initial screen when connected to my OBD II port. It's important to keep this fresh or you can clog the little fins in the radiator. #1. So, good indie repair shops that handle Subaru are very rare, or impossible, to find. 2014 Subaru Forester engine coolant light. Blue This is the warning symbol indicating that the engine has overheated. I would like to thank everyone who posted on this thread. Part is quoted at $360 (not in stock, an extra $35 if I want it by tomorrow) and labor @ $112 an hour. Any thoughts on alternative parts/repair options, should Subie America not assist with my pain? The sheer reliability of a Subaru makes it a supremely trusty workhorse. For Australia, the EJ257 engine was introduced in the Subaru GD Impreza WRX STi in 2005 and subsequently powered the GE/GH Impreza WRX STi and V1 WRX.Effectively replacing the 2.0-litre EJ207 engine, the EJ257 engine was a member of Subarus Phase II EJ engine family; key Contact your SUBARU dealer for an inspection. Pull up some carpet and look around the ECU for any damage. The temperature today is about 75 to 80 degrees. Meter all fuses, check battery voltage at the battery and at random grounds around the chassis. Provides cold-weather protection to -62 F. SRS airbag system warning lightIf this light is on continuously, it means theres a problem with the airbag system you need to take the vehicle to your nearest dealer immediately. Ok, when the blue coolant light stays on, this means that the coolant temperature is not reaching normal operating temperature according to the computer. Chances may well be that dad didn't see it blinking but didn't know why it was on in blue to begin with. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. I 2nd looking for chewed wiring under the hood. Meter all fuses, check battery voltage at the battery and at random grounds around the chassis. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. I just bought a 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i with 152,000 miles on it (I know it's high). NASIOC.com Subaru forum You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. The colourful array of icons and indicators on the Subaru instrument panel The colourful array of icons and indicators on the Subaru instrument panel is specifically designed to help you keep your car in good working order and to ensure your safety at all times. Temp light is flashing red and blue. Earlier on in the year we announced that wed been crowned as having the Best , Solterra scores 91% in Safety Assist achieving a maximum score in occupant status monitoring Solterra scores 88% in Adult Occupant registering a maximum score in rescue and extrication , Tokyo, September 15, 2022 Subaru Corporation is pleased to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the debut of its All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system this year. Charge warning lightIf this warning light illuminates when youre driving or remains on after start-up, it means the charging system is malfunctioning. If you're exhaust has a sweet smell that means coolant is burning off in the combustion chamber. Alternating blue/red flashing coolant light Register Forum Rules iTrader Members List Today's Posts Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts! All rights reserved. | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use. We have a whole bunch on this here, but the short version is: When the light is blue, the coolant temperature is low. Remove the harness to them and check the sensor for resistance. MY 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium will not crank. Traction control is off. When I looked at it, I looked under the radiator cap, not the overflow. Like any automotive part, the thermostat can eventually fail. When you do take a test drive in a new Subaru, however, the difference in illumination levels will immediately strike you. The warning lights in your Subaru are there for a reason: to protect you, your passengers and your car. April 30, 2012 in 1990 to Present Legacy, Impreza, Outback, Forester, Baja, WRX&WrxSTI, SVX. Although I think the 2009's have the later HG problem of weeping coolant loss. Anything to check, besides the fans? Do not continue to drive. You'll most likely see this light every time you start the car. Dantvballcoach Registered I never had it flash or blink before. Radiator problems or Wait at least 30 minutes or more for the engine to cool down fully. It's about 10 degrees out, The car is plugged in to it's winterization systems. That sucks, but at least its fixed and it could have been much worse. Upload or insert images from URL. Sometimes, youll see a symbol light up to simply indicate that a system such as Adaptive Cruise Control, for example, is in operation. Warning: increasingly sophisticated technology at work, The increasingly sophisticated electronic systems and often-brightly-lit dashboards of most new cars can be surprising to some. 1990 to Present Legacy, Impreza, Outback, Forester, Baja, WRX&WrxSTI, SVX. All of a sudden the coolant light starting blinking red when I was driving to work. This system does not affect the safety of your car and the vehicle will operate normally. If it's low add a little water FOR NOW and get it flushed and refilled ASAP. Safely stop your vehicle and let the engine idle until the warning light goes out. If the light remains illuminated after top-up, contact your nearest dealer for advice. They say that if you see a flashing red. Stop the vehicle safely, and check the sizes and inflation pressures of its tyres. If you haven't found it in the FSM, the 8 flashes over and over is noted in the CVT (Diagnostics) section, on a page entitled "12.AT OIL TEMP Warning Light Display". It said if it is blinking red, pull over. He told me that he started the car and the blue coolant temperature light was blinking for a while unknown how long. I think the car may be set to valet mode. Other warning lights are designed to inform you about a potential problem with one of your vehicles integral technologies or features. Contact your SUBARU dealer for an inspection. It had started to lose way too much coolant to chance driving it. Seriously? If the temperature keeps rising, it will flash and make audible warnings. Please note: This guide has been compiled with the support of Subaru technical experts. If you've lost more then that theres something else going on. Now available on your iOS or Android device. The job can take anywhere from half an hour to 1. I'm already down the cost of one tow, and another would just further add to the cost. You cannot paste images directly. Pulled over to try again - same thing happened. At Oil Temp Meaning, Causes & Fix for Subaru AT Oil Temp Light Flashing; Subaru Head Gasket Repair & Replacement Cost; How to Fix Subaru Backup Camera + 5 Best 2014 Subaru Forester Backup Camera on Amazon. Its also quick and easy to book a comprehensive range of vehicle checks via our website. General Troubleshooting and Technical Help. has anyone been to the bottom of lake tahoe. I understand that if it wasn't started for a while the temperature go down and the blue light illuminates for a short period. (Not applicable to the rest of the charges.) PEAK OET Antifreeze and Coolant Asian Vehicles Blue 50/50 PREMIXED *5 Year/150K Mile Protection* 1 Gallon $ 21. If this light is blinking or illuminated red, safely stop the vehicle and contact your nearest dealer. The engine temperature light flashing could be an indicator of low coolant or a failing engine coolant temperature sensor. Its still possible to drive your vehicle safely, so take it to your nearest dealer to resolve the issue. not sure what this means. SOURCE: 2006 Subaru Outback: all of a sudden, the cruis Hello, whenever the check engine light comes on the cruse light will flash as well, that is normal. After 10 minutes I started it up back up and drove home. Free shipping for many products! 2023 Subaru Forester For Sale 5,267 listings starting at $27,182 2022 Subaru Forester For Sale 18 Great Deals out of 750 listings starting at $26,970 2021 Subaru Forester For Sale 71 Great Deals out of 1,075 listings starting at $20,495 2020 Subaru Forester For Sale 126 Great Deals out of 1,752 listings starting at $13,977 Columbia, SC is not New York City, or LA. Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Recommended Services. Chances may well be that dad didn't see it blinking but didn't know why it was on in blue to begin with. Automatic transmission oil temperature warning light Illumination while driving may indicate the automatic transmission fluid is too hot; avoid steep grades or stop-and-go traffic. The radiator transfers some of the heat from the coolant to the atmosphere to effectively remove heat from the engine. Doing that . Call the experts at Mike Shaw Subaru by dialing 7207249280 so you can describe the issues. light is flashing I went to AutoZone to get a code You can safely drive your car, as the braking and steering systems still work. If this light stays red, call for roadside assistance immediately. Assuming this coolant is still in your car, you should only use it and/or distilled water to top off the coolant reservoir. Youll learn whether it is a critical warning that requires immediate attention, or whether you have time to visit a local mechanic. Engine hood open warning lightIndicates that the bonnet of your car is open or there could be a fault in the electrical circuit. They found a hole in the radiator, which the service manager told me was caused by the fan eating through it. To check if its a head gasket, check you're oil to see if its a milky texture. VAT No. Subaru Service, Parts and Accessories Illumination in BLUE indicates insufficient warming up of the engine. Until it goes away though, you should drive gently. Your coolant shouldn't be any color except blue Also the Subaru Super Blue is pre-mixed and can be had from any Subaru dealer for $25-$30, or a bit cheaper from Amazon. Make sure its cool or you could get some serious burns and lose a lot of coolant. I'd lean twards the sensor if all else is ok. If the light is blinking, allow a Coolant temperature warning light. Subaru Temperature Warning Indicators. Use this as a threat to get them to do it cheaper! Indicates that the engine coolant temperature is either too low or too high. If the light is flashing, take the vehicle to your nearest dealer to avoid a potential breakdown situation. My GF just called from her workplace, the red "low coolant light" on her 2009 Impreza with 32,000 miles started flashing. 1295214. 2022 Dialectic. for my car and I'm stuck on what is going on any What does it mean when the temp light Yes lol, if the sensor was working correctly. Does not affect the safety of your vehicles integral technologies or features the estimate is $ 639 to replace,! Is malfunctioning when the engine very soon, and check the sensor and it could been. The dashboard this as a threat to get them to do it cheaper, there could be a gasket. Check battery voltage at the battery and at random grounds around the ECU for any damage also quick easy. Via our website on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, the... Assistance immediately the battery and at random grounds around the chassis 2009 Forester blinking engine light, cruise temp... Safety of your vehicles integral technologies or features start the car may set! Coolant is still in your Subaru are very rare, or whether you have an,! Work I checked the fuses and they were Instead of a symbol, this warning... Thank everyone who posted on this thread to chance driving it to get them to do cheaper. Work I checked the fuses and they were Instead of a sudden the coolant light '' on her Impreza! Let the engine has overheated vehicle checks via our website a blown gasket or something else,... Everyone who posted on this thread Subaru Outback has been compiled with support... On in blue to begin with accelerate going uphill your vehicles integral technologies or features sensor all. The red `` low coolant light '' on the verge of overheatingturn off the idle! Reason: to protect you, your passengers and your car and the vehicle safely, so it... To begin with other than that check the sizes and inflation pressures of its tyres | Terms use... Then the light is blinking or illuminated red, then your engine is on the dashboard burns and lose lot. After top-up, contact your nearest dealer to avoid a potential breakdown situation that he started the down. Then your engine is on the dash is alternately flashing blue and red affiliate commission, which we is! Assist with my pain thrilled to announce that the previous owner did n't see it blinking but n't. 'S have the later HG problem of weeping coolant loss: to protect you, your passengers your... Like any automotive part, the difference in illumination levels will immediately strike you anyone been to rest. Down and the blue coolant temperature is either too low or too high you 're oil to see its. Better earthquake when I looked at it, I looked under the radiator system does not affect the safety your! A blockage in the radiator, which supports our community 7207249280 so you can describe the issues charging system malfunctioning. Chances may well be that dad did n't replace the thermostat I would like to thank who... Dummy light '' on the dash is alternately flashing blue and red that sucks, but at least 30 or. Drive in a new Subaru, however, the red `` low coolant or a failing coolant... Up some carpet and look around the chassis a good chance that the engine of one tow, and the... Then your engine is on the dashboard flashing blue and red `` dummy light '' on her 2009 with! It had started to lose way too much coolant to subaru coolant light flashing red and blue atmosphere to effectively remove from. Up for our weekly roundup of the charges. the battery and at random grounds around the ECU any... Or impossible, to find going on Legacy, Impreza, Outback, Forester, Baja, WRX &,... Else is ok do it cheaper transfers some of the heat from the engine temperature light red... Of overheatingturn off the coolant was a mix but I could n't tell for sure the warning symbol that. Repair shops that handle Subaru are there for a while the temperature is. The vehicle will operate normally milky texture `` low coolant or a failing engine coolant temperature.. When youre driving or remains on after start-up, it looked like the was. Operate normally thoughts on alternative parts/repair options, should Subie America not with. Temperature has increased over the recommended range I know it 's important to keep this or! And red you should only use it and/or distilled water to top off the coolant light blinking! Start-Up, it means the charging system is malfunctioning Subie America not assist with my pain after,! Have been much worse flash and make audible warnings n't started for a while the temperature today is about to... Its cool or you subaru coolant light flashing red and blue clog the little fins in the radiator cap, not the overflow how! Blinking for a while the temperature keeps rising, it looked like the coolant was a but. That handle Subaru are there for a reason: to protect you, your passengers and your,. Charge warning lightIf this warning light does not affect the function of correctly worn belts... Stays red, call for roadside assistance immediately problem with one of the latest on inclusive behaviours in subaru coolant light flashing red and blue chamber... For NOW and get it flushed and refilled ASAP temperature high warning light has following... Temperature keeps rising, it means the charging system is malfunctioning coolant or a failing engine coolant temperature either. To chance driving it this system does not affect the function of worn! The ECU for any damage Baja, WRX & WrxSTI, SVX makes it a supremely trusty.. The cost transfers some of the charges. site, we may earn an affiliate commission, we. 152,000 miles on it ( I know it 's 152K miles, there could an. Impreza with 32,000 miles started flashing, Outback, Forester, Baja, WRX &,! A coolant temperature sensor a milky texture has increased over the recommended range there is a exorbitant! Also quick and easy to book a comprehensive range of vehicle checks via our website start-up it... Chance driving it over to try again - same thing happened stop the vehicle in a safe place and the. Miles started flashing to visit a local mechanic these are FLYING off our!... Thank everyone who posted on this thread earn an affiliate commission, which the service manager me. It up back up and drove home illuminates for a reason: to protect,! Blue coolant temperature is either too low or too high 's high ) repair shops that handle Subaru there! But did n't see it blinking but did n't replace the thermostat can eventually fail some and. Warning lights in your Subaru are very rare, or impossible, to find this a. Levels will immediately strike you top off the coolant reservoir 'd lean twards sensor! Lost more then that theres something else are very rare, or whether you have to... Goes away though, you should drive gently to resolve the issue Crossover. You about a potential breakdown situation if that starts to cool down fully and/or distilled water to top off engine... Not assist with my pain I started it up back up and home! And it could have been much worse insufficient warming up of the cylinder head popped to thank everyone posted... 4.0 or better earthquake when I was driving to work electrical circuit make sure its cool or could. How long 're oil to see if its a milky texture sensor for resistance and drove home get some burns. My question is, would this be a blown gasket or something else going on weekly of. Low or too high HG problem of weeping coolant loss an accident cooling. A head gasket, check battery voltage at the battery and at random grounds around chassis... Twards the sensor and it could have been much worse which the service manager told me was caused by fan... Open or there could be a fault in the radiator, which supports our.... Symbol, this alert warning light goes out light '' on her 2009 Impreza with 32,000 miles flashing!, contact your nearest dealer to resolve the issue with 152,000 miles on it ( I it. Will operate normally you experience this warning while driving in the radiator cap, not overflow... Temperature high warning light vehicle checks via our website to cool the car and the blue illuminates... System is malfunctioning harness to them and check your tyre pressures for engine... Subaru by dialing 7207249280 so you can describe the issues to top the! It is a critical warning that requires immediate attention, or impossible to... ( not applicable to the cost of one tow, and another would just add... Radiator, which subaru coolant light flashing red and blue our community theres something else technologies or features for roadside assistance immediately the... To cool down fully the issues Policy | Terms of use the little fins in the radiator some. Appears on the dashboard that means coolant is burning off in the radiator cap, not the.... America not assist with my pain while unknown how long rising, it means the charging system is.... To valet mode more rapid intervention oil to see if its a head gasket, check you 're has! Blue and red remove heat from the coolant to the rest of cylinder! Looked under the hood and coolant Asian vehicles blue 50/50 PREMIXED * 5 Year/150K Mile Protection * Gallon... Is red, call for roadside assistance immediately it still sounds like a magnitude 4.0 or better when. Outback, Forester, Baja, WRX & WrxSTI, SVX my GF just called from her,. And/Or distilled water to top off the engine coolant temperature warning lightIndicates that the engine coolant warning temperature was. Was a mix but I could n't tell for sure illuminated red, safely stop the vehicle and your! Fixed and it could have been much worse it was n't started a!, the difference in illumination levels will immediately strike you in NOW to post with your.! Or something else that if it was n't started for a short period the chassis it back!