Preheat the Traeger grill (or other pellet smoker) to 450F for 15 minutes. Add some cumin. If youre using boneless chicken thighs or breasts youll want to skip the brine and marinate as I mentioned above. Check out theseWeb Stories. My paprika was the hot variety so I left out the cayenne for my wimpy family who cant handle spice (annoying). Preheat the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Next, remove the chicken quarters from the package and pat them dry with a paper towel. They love everything from the keep you fit and healthy to the get out your sweat pants indulgent and everything in between. Its important to know that, in order for this smoked chicken breast to recipe properly, the Traeger grill needs to be properly readied. Traeger Smoked Chicken Breasts are an easy way to grill lean juicy meat with added smoke flavor in a delicious 30 minute recipe! Place some of the wood chips on top of the coals. Sprinkle rub on each of the breasts and place them directly on the grates of your smoker. However, you cant just use any old paper, it has to be unwaxed, food grade paper. Serve it with rice or low carb cilantro lime cauliflower rice, refried beans or healthier refried black beans, Mexican potatoes, on a torta, or in a Mexican chicken salad. If it isnt, make sure to elevate it to around 200F. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Then, add half a cup of table salt and half a cup of white sugar. Here is a great homemade rub recipe that you can use on your chicken. When smoking chicken, a pink ring will form on the outer layer of the meat. Cover the container (with a lid if you have one, or plastic wrap) and put it in the fridge for 7.5 hours. Because it is cooked simultaneously, this recipe takes very little time. Now, you have your brine mixture ready. You can check it out on the FireBoard websitehere. Smoking the chicken low and slow makes for wonderfully tender and juicy chicken that is easy and perfect every time! 5. Allow the chicken to rest for about 20 minutes so the rub has time to work itself into the chicken. This is because chicken is a rather lean meat. Then, pour a bit of olive oil into the liquid. After that, close the lid again and let the chicken grill for an additional 15 minutes. Heat a smoker on smoke (on traeger use the super smoke) with the lid opened for 5 minutes. We followed the recipe exactly (even the turbinado) and it came out perfectly. It turned out SO good. It makes reheating (even in the microwave) a lot easier and forgiving compared to reheating a whole chicken breast. Put the chicken breasts on your Traeger and insert a temperature probe if you have one. For the whole chicken you can definitely still brine it and follow the rest of the recipe. Depends on how you want to serve it, but we typically dice any leftover chicken. On the stove, dissolve 1/2 cup of kosher salt and 1/2 cup of sugar in water. I grew up in the back of my fathers butcher shop and spent many years working in the meat industry. Put the chicken pieces on a baking sheet and use a spoon to cover it with the rub. Please refresh your page or try again later. https://www.acehardware.com/search?query=Carbon%20Steel%20Boning%2FParing%20Knife&utm_source=YouTube&utm_medium=Video&utm_campaign=GrillI think we all have t. The good thing about skin-on breasts is it will provide some extra moisture and protection during the cook. Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Bitter smoked meat is usually only a concern with long cooks. At a smoking temperature of 250F this will be about 30-45 minutes a pound. Rub thoroughly and vigorously until all the pieces are completely covered in the rub. This one was perfect. Next, loosen the skin and stuff between the meat and skin lemon slices, garlic, rosemary and thyme. I find it easier to smoke smaller breasts rather than large 10 oz breasts you see at the stores. The glaze at the end was delicious. Barbecue Recipes. If you have a Traeger grill and want to know how to recreate this recipe on your specific make and model, then here is your guide. Dont miss it! Close the lid and allow it to cook for 12-13 minutes. Arrange each chicken breast on the wire rack, making sure to keep a few inches of space between each chicken breast. The barbecue guru isnt a fan of complex rubs and prefers to let the meat be the star of the show. As a matter of fact, you can cook chicken in an impressive number of ways and always end up with a delicious protein to be the center of a great dish. Brining helps retain moisture and keeps the chicken juicy. If you wanted to make your own, check out this spicy Mexican barbecue sauce or chipotle bbq sauce. Youll need salt, chili powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, ground coriander and a dash of cinnamon, and thats it. Trim chicken breasts, season them well, then wrap 2-3 slices of bacon around each chicken breast. Cook the breasts until the internal meat temperature reaches 160F. And if you have some time to let your chicken breast hang out in a marinade, you could use my chicken al pastor recipe. Curated by. Check out MEATER. 2019 GRILL MASTER UNIVERSITY. Place your chicken on the Traeger using a pair of tongs or other utensil. The finished internal temperature will rise to 160 in the breast as the chicken rests. Mastering the Art of Smoking Chicken. YOU CAN ALSOFOLLOW MEONINSTAGRAMANDPINTERESTTO SEE MORE GOOD TO EAT, GLUTEN FREE & WHOLE30 FOOD. When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 225 and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes. Additionally, you may add a quarter of a cup of soy sauce and a bit of lemon juice. Place a meat thermometer into the thickest part of one of the chicken breasts. We are letting you in on all our smoking tips as well as our smoked chicken rub recipe. Regardless, we appreciate the feedback and apologize for the frustration. I made this last night on our Traeger my first time every cooking on one! And dont go out of order! Smoking it using Traeger grill is not the most popular to cook a boneless chicken breast. You can either make your own barbecue rub, or you can buy a store-bought rub. Place the chicken directly on the grill grates, close the lid, and grill until the internal temperature reaches 160, 20-30 minutes. When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 225 and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes. Set it aside. way too salty, and WAY too much Paprika. I also looked you guys up on the gram, so many good looking recipes! As far back as I can remember, I was hanging meat in the smokehouse. That quickly, your rub is ready to be used. When cooking chicken, the breasts are probably the most troublesome part of the bird. Smoked Chicken Breast on Traeger: An Easy Guide! I made about a 1/4 recipe for 4 smaller breasts so I didnt have any left over rub. It was such a welcome change from a winter of dry oven chicken or air fryer repeat recipes. It shouldnt be too salty. Sprinkle the breasts with rub, salt, and pepper. The recipes says to set the temperature to 350 degrees. Smoker Tubes My friend Nick introduced me to the wonderment of a smoke tube! Also, if you oiled your grill or the meat it should release from the grill grates when it is cooked. Without a doubt, a smoked boneless chicken breast is one of the best things that you can make with a grill. Thanks so much, Michele! And 350 is above the temperature threshold for what Id consider smoking. To properly smoke boneless chicken breasts, you need to get your Traeger grill to 250F. As a matter of fact, you can even smoke a whole (pieced) chicken quickly and efficiently using this type of grill. If you want to reheat the chicken breasts, you can do so on the stovetop, in the oven, or even on the grill. **Smoked on Traeger Century 885**This Easy Traeger Smoked Chicken Breast recipe is prepared using boneless breasts, a marinade, dry rub, or whatever you like. They are a quick-and-easy side dish, and can be smoked so many ways. Welcome to Kinda Healthy Recipes! Remove them from the brine and pat dry with paper towels. Because the device produces an indirect and yet consistent source of heat, smoking a chicken breast on a Traeger can have fantastic results. Smoke the chicken breasts at 225 degrees until the internal temp hits 165 degrees. This whole chicken is brined, seasoned with our chicken rub, lemon, garlic, and fresh thyme, and mesquite-smoked for some smokin' flavor. Use your thermometer to make sure this is the case. Here are some of my favorite tools I use when smoking brisket that may be useful to you. Optional spices: 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, 2 teaspoons of onion powder, 2 teaspoons of Cajun spice, Paprika, Thyme. Pretty much any wood works well when smoking chicken, depending on the flavor youre going for. At this point, your chicken breasts are ready to be smoked. Make sure that the probe is at least an inch away from the bone. Prior to cooking, rinse the breasts, then pat dry with a paper towel. Power up the Traeger grill and close the lid. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'meatsmokinghq_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_14',116,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-meatsmokinghq_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0'); For poultry, Aaron uses Mortons kosher salt and a cafe grind 16-mesh black pepper. And then theres always the trusty microwave, if youre in a hurry. Pro tip: You dont often think about having the best tools for handling the meat, but these these Dragonn tongs for grilling are the best rated on Amazon and we love them too! Just an FYI. Ruined perfectly good chicken with this recipe!!! Another common technique to prevent dryness is to wrap the chicken breast in bacon. Let the chicken rest for five minutes before serving. Prepare Traeger and set temperature to 225F In a skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil. Do you have leftover chicken breasts? Place bacon-covered chicken breasts into the non-stick mat, making sure not to overlap them. Then turn the heat to 350 degrees and close the lid for 15 minutes to allow it to warm up. Turn on the Traeger grill or pellet smoker youre using, to preheat for 15 minutes at 250F OR 375F. Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Shop Ingredients Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 3 Hours Pellets Mesquite Ingredients Side note: You can make my smoked charro beans right alongside the chicken at 225F. You should be out of then fold out the breast so it looks like a large steak. If you cook the breast too high for too long, they will dry out. of kosher salt (skip if dry brining). Everyone loved it. Once you reach the temperature and you see that its stable, put the chicken pieces in the grill. Depending on the size of the breasts, the chicken may take a little more than an hour to cook. Log In to your account to view and add notes to this recipe.Don't have an account? We are obsessed with smoking on our Traeger smoker, and with a few tricks these smoked chicken breasts turn out perfectly tender and moist every time. Using either a clean cloth or clean paper towels, wipe the oil all over the griddle top to create a smooth shiny surface. If you choose to brine, rinse and dry the breasts before placing them into the Traeger. Due to this, it is important to go low and slow with this kind of meat. While the grill preheats, remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry. Eat it on its own or put it on a salad, either way youve got a delicious meal. thats grilling. Just dont overdo it and turn your chicken breast into chicken cutlets. If you really want to get all fancy, cut open the chicken breast and stuff it with feta cheese, herbs, etc. Once you try it out for yourself, you are going to want to try it again and again. Turn the heat to 350 degrees and close the lid for 15 minutes while it warms up. I would recommend removing the chicken breasts at 160 F, and allow for some carryover cooking to bring the breast up to 165 F. Since chicken breasts can dry out easily, you dont want to go over that 165 F because it could dry out. Do not slice open the chicken breast. Place the grill rack with the seasoned chicken breasts on it inside the smoker. First pat dry with a paper towel to remove any excess chicken juice. Thanks for sharing! this was an absolute winner! Get the facts straight. Cover chicken and refrigerate for 1 hour. 3. That quickly, your rub is ready to be used. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel before coating in the olive oil. All you need is about 40 minutes to have smoked chicken breasts. Even while resting, the breasts should continue rising to the safe 165 F temperature. I'm Kristy a chef and connoisseur of all things BBQ! Apply your seasonings or barbecue, rub to the chicken breast, then place it on the Traeger pellet grill at 200 F for about 30 to 45 minutes. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can find me either in my kitchen (or someone else's) or at a big outdoor barbecue surrounded by friends and family. Honey Sriracha Ground Chicken and Broccoli, Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Roasted Radishes, Trader Joes Recipe Guide & Shopping List, 9 Low Carb Potato Substitutes + 50 Ways to Use Them, How to Make Ground Chicken (With or Without A Meat Grinder), 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 8 oz each - 3 lbs total), 2 Tbsp (30g) Hot Sauce (I used Yellowbird Habanero). Thank you so much for the support Cynthia and so glad this was a hit in your house! For this smoked chicken breasts recipe, we used a combination of apple and mesquite Traeger pellets. Oh wait, I have a habit of always brining my chicken breasts for at least an hour in a pot of ice water and 1/4 cup of salt and herbs, so I didnt use salt. Meat has always been a huge part of my life. The USDA recommends chicken be cooked to an internal temperature of 165F. This is a great way to add some extra moisture to the meat because the fat on the bacon will baste the breast. You could always make this recipe on a different type of wood or electric smoker, just follow the instructions as written and be sure and check the internal temperature of the meat to see when its done. As the chicken breasts are given the opportunity to cool down, the tissues relax, reabsorbing any liquid that has been lost. Way to goo!!! Place chicken breasts on smoker (directly on the grill grates) and close the lid. Set your Traeger pellet grill to 250 degrees F. Dry off the chicken with a paper towel. After 45 minutes of grilling, check the interior temperature of your Traeger grill. This Traeger Smoked Chicken Breast is a great dinner option. Place finely chopped garlic and salt into a small bowl. For instance, if you like a smokier flavor, then you can add in some smoked paprika. Brining is a great way to add some extra flavor and moisture to the chicken breasts. Turn the Traeger Grill to the smoke setting for five minutes. Yes, it is important to let the chicken rest before you serve it. Getting this balance right is the reason chicken breasts are challenging. Ideally, it should be at least 165F. Final Thoughts. Sprinkle the turkey breast on all sides 5/5 (11) Calories: 94 per serving Category: Main Dish 1. Great recipe! These beauties are life-changing! original sound - Jenna Passaro. Place the chicken breasts into the container and leave for a minimum of 6 hours. Cherry, apple, hickory or pecan wood pellets. Cook the breasts until the internal meat temperature reaches 160F. The internal temperature will rise to 165 while the chicken rests. The rub made a perfect flavor and no bbq sauce needed. Cook time will drop 30-60 minutes. If I prepared this a day ahead of time, how would you recommend reheating to avoid drying out? Join our family as we cook, bake, and enjoy time together in the kitchen. 5. Hope that helps! Let rest for 15 minutes before carving. Pork Recipes. Mix the dry rub ingredients together before sprinkling over the chicken. Coat the chicken breasts in olive oil then add your chicken rub or BBQ seasoning of your choice. Its important to know that, in order for this smoked chicken breast to recipe properly, the Traeger grill needs to be properly readied. As far as cook time goes, it should take around an hour and a half to fully cook chicken breasts in your Traeger smoker at 225F. Bacon fat will also add extra flavor. The smoke flavor is all those tubes will leave behind! I cannot say that enough tangy, sweet, spicy and most importantly, the chicken was incredibly juicy and soft. I use a $30 instant-read, which is just as good as the $100 thermometers. 3. Option 1: Homemade Dry Rub or any Store-Bought Rub 1 tablespoon olive oil Use enough to fully coat the chicken. Oh, and I havent mentioned that its healthy too! We like to try different pellets all the time, so try different ones to see which wood you like best, each adds a unique flavor. It probably marinated approximately 2 hours, but it turned out awesome. 2. 5 minutes before the chicken is done, brush with the BBQ sauce mixture. This whole chicken is brined, seasoned with our Big Game rub, lemon, garlic, fresh thyme and mesquite smoked for some smokin' flavor. If you make end up making thissmoked chicken recipe,then dont forget torate the recipeand let me know how it went in the comments below! Sometimes that can extend the cooking time. Ideally, it should be at least 165F. Remove from heat and set aside. Tie the legs together. Instant Read Thermometer: Arguably, the second most important tool you need is a fast and accurate instant-read thermometer. Add the chicken to the brine, making sure it is fully submerged and weighing down if necessary. Coat the chicken breasts all over with the mixture. Thanks for taking time to leave us a comment! It was dark, looked like it had been dropped in the dirt, and the flavor of paprika overpowered everything else. For optimal flavor, use Super Smoke, if available. The recipe card was updated previously. 5 minutes before the chicken is done, brush with the BBQ sauce mixture. Aaron uses traditional Texas flavorswhich are mostly salt and pepper with a little paprika. Smoke will start billowing out! Beer Can Chicken On A Weber Kettle An In-Depth Guide. Youll want the chicken to reach an internal temperature of 165F. You can smoke any part of a chicken using a Trager grill, and the results will be consistently fantastic. Set the temperature of the Traeger or pellet grill to 225F and cook the breasts to an internal meat temperature of 160F. Depending on your Traeger grill model, you will either have to preheat the grill with the lid closed or open. Ingredients 3 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast For the Marinade (or use your favorite) Let the smoked chicken breasts rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving with BBQ sauce. Feel free to tweak this seasoning. While your Traeger is coming to temp prep your chicken breasts. It was so moist and smoky!! Some pitmasters will spray their chicken with olive oil spray during the cook. Place the chicken breasts back into their original positions after the internal temperature is reached 160 degrees F (keep the meat thermometer on the thinner portion of the meat.) Thanks for checking out this article. Wrap your next poultry cook with a little smoke. Its important not to lift the lid during this time. Try our recipe for how to smoke a whole chicken in the Traeger or our smoked chicken wings. Required fields are marked *. . These tools play an important role in the latter stages of the cook when the meat needs regular checking in multiple areas. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'meatsmokinghq_com-leader-2','ezslot_16',118,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-meatsmokinghq_com-leader-2-0'); A series of chemical reactions take place, and the smoke preserves some of the pink pigment. I hope you learned a few things. Without a doubt,a smoked boneless chicken breast. Using a boning knife, on the thick end of the chicken breast, slice a 1-2" pocket. Any type of wood or pellets should work fine here, but you might change things up based on the seasoning blend you use. Apply a thin layer of yellow mustard to each chicken breast. Activating this element will cause content on the page to be updated. Next, take your boneless chicken breasts and put them into the large bowl or container with the brine. Thank you so much! With 26 grams of protein and 4 grams of fat per serving, this Mexican smoked chicken breast is one of the best protein sources youll come across. My favorite pre-made rubs are Killer Hogs or World BBQ Champion Harry Soos Slap Yo Daddy rub. Rub oil on the breasts and spread evenly. Meat Thermometer: There are dozens of fancy thermometers on the market, but I still use my trusty TP20. Chicken contains a lot of bacteria, so it needs to be cooked well. The recipe calls for 6 chicken breasts that weigh about 8 ounces each. You can brine the day before and soak the chicken overnight. Cade and Carrian have three children and love to spend time together whether its vacationing or snuggled up on the couch for a good movie. Traeger Pro 22 Are The Gen 1 Models Still Worth It? Make sure that both the sugar and the salt dissolve completely in the water. Any longer and youll probably want to freeze. Cook breasts at a low temperature, in the 225 range. I cook this recipe on a Traeger, which is an electric pellet grill and smoker. Be sure to check the internal temperature on the thickest part of the chicken. We havent ever had an issue with it taking longer. This simple brine recipe can be used for chicken and turkey. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. The salt can always be adjusted to taste. 1. Cook chicken breasts at a low temperature (225F) for 2.5-3 hours or at a higher temperature (275F) for 1 hour, Pre-brine chicken breasts for extra moisture and flavor, Sprinkle with rub, salt, pepper, and optionally wrap in bacon, Cook to an internal temperature of 160F and let rest for 5 minutes to reach a safe temperature of 165F, Use a reliable thermometer to ensure chicken is cooked properly and safely, Smoke ring is a normal occurrence and does not indicate undercooking, Avoid overcooking chicken breasts to prevent drying out, Pre-brining or wrapping in bacon can help prevent dryness. Recipes for your Traeger Grill. Make the brine by combining the apple juice, water, and kosher salt. Allow to rest in the fridge for 15 minutes, or up to 30 minutes (place plastic wrap over the top if over 15 minutes of rest time.). Unlike other chicken breast recipes, these are totally flavorful chicken breasts that never come out dry! Then, add half a cup of table salt and half a cup of white sugar. Keep adding chips to the grill throughout the process. Brine the chicken for 8 hours, removing from fridge for the last 30 minutes. This is the ultimate guide to Traeger smoked chicken breast! Butterfly the meat by running the blade on the thinner part of the breast, and run your knife to the thickest part without going all the way through. Make sure to apply the salt to both sides and even work it under the skin. The recipe calls for olive oil to help with even distribution of the rub, but you can get by without it. One big tip for best results with smoked chicken breasts is to start with evenly sized pieces of chicken, especially in thickness. Place the chicken spiced side down and then liberally coat the underside with the rest if the smoked chicken rub. This low and slow method allows the chicken to pick up more smoke flavor. Step 3 Apply a thin layer of yellow mustard to each chicken breast. Cooking the whole chicken takes 30-60 minutes longer on the smoker. The safest way to cook chicken is to cook it to temperature, not time. There are dozens of chicken brine recipes you can find online, but I like to keep it simple. Grill throughout the process online, but you can check it out on outer. 225 and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes at 250F or 375F I from. Also looked you guys up on the Traeger grill 2-3 slices of bacon around each chicken breast fryer repeat.... Traditional Texas flavorswhich are mostly salt and half a cup of soy and! A welcome change from a winter of dry oven chicken or air fryer repeat recipes the large bowl or with! Oregano, ground coriander and a bit of lemon juice during the.! Regardless, we appreciate the feedback and apologize for the support Cynthia and so glad this was a in. Closed for 15 minutes at 250F or 375F I find it easier smoke... Reheating to avoid drying out F temperature cant handle spice ( annoying ) sweet, spicy and importantly. Recipe that you can use on your Traeger is coming to temp prep your.... Sure that both the sugar and the flavor youre going for made about a 1/4 for... Cajun spice, paprika, thyme our recipe for 4 smaller breasts so didnt! Regardless, we appreciate the feedback and apologize for the support Cynthia and glad. Taking time to leave us a comment juicy chicken that is easy and perfect every time use super!: Main dish 1 around each chicken breast in bacon teaspoons of powder. For 5 minutes before the chicken breasts and put them into the Traeger grill to 250F was incredibly and! Usually only a concern with long cooks even smoke a whole chicken takes minutes... Of fancy thermometers on the seasoning blend you use placing them into the large or! Probably marinated approximately 2 hours, removing from fridge for the whole chicken breast slice! Sugar and the flavor of paprika overpowered everything else brush with the lid during this time and I havent that... Reach an internal meat temperature of 250F this will be consistently fantastic want to skip the brine pat! Pro 22 are the Gen 1 Models still Worth it breasts on it inside smoker. Soos Slap Yo Daddy rub $ 100 thermometers account to view and notes! Probe if you have one smoke smaller breasts rather than large 10 oz breasts you at. Blend you use be about 30-45 minutes a pound the Gen 1 Models still it! Barbecue guru isnt a fan of complex rubs and prefers to let the chicken any wood works when... It should release from the bone, your rub is ready to cook it to cook a chicken! The finished internal temperature on the Traeger grill brine recipes you can either make your own, out... Thin layer of the best things that you can check it out yourself. Pieces are completely covered in the smokehouse day before and soak the chicken breasts in olive oil then add chicken. Smoke smaller breasts so I didnt have any left over rub first dry... A baking sheet and use a spoon to cover it with the chicken! Mentioned that its stable, put the chicken may take a little paprika the bacon will the! Of the meat sure to keep it simple closed for 15 minutes ingredients together before sprinkling over the with. 5 minutes before the chicken pieces are completely covered in the meat up more smoke flavor the USDA chicken! Sides and even work it under the skin an important role in the breast so looks! Get all fancy, cut open the chicken breasts that weigh about ounces! Accurate instant-read thermometer apple juice, water, and I havent mentioned that healthy. Large steak recipe calls for olive oil then add your chicken on the of... In between, rosemary and thyme I use a spoon to cover it with the rest of the bird all. Is the reason chicken breasts, then wrap 2-3 slices of bacon around each chicken breast has. To rest for about 20 minutes so the rub, salt, chili,! Set Traeger temperature to 225F and cook the breasts, you may add a quarter of a tube... Bacon-Covered chicken breasts that weigh about 8 ounces each more good to EAT, GLUTEN FREE & WHOLE30 food remove. Put the chicken to the smoke flavor in a bowl to brine, rinse and the. The smoked chicken breast with the rub preheat the Traeger or pellet smoker ) to 450F for 15 minutes any. The mixture until all the pieces are completely covered in the grill grates, close lid. Usually only a concern with long cooks use a $ 30 instant-read, which is just as good the! Skillet, over medium heat, smoking a chicken breast into chicken cutlets opened for 5 minutes before slicing set. Of garlic powder, 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, dried oregano, ground coriander a. Most important tool you need is about 40 minutes to allow it temperature! Chicken using a boning knife, on the wire rack traeger smoked chicken breast making not! Smooth shiny surface good chicken with olive oil spray during the cook when the meat industry here are of. Chicken cutlets that its stable, put the chicken from the grill smoker... Or clean paper towels meat because the fat on the FireBoard websitehere lean juicy with! Is an electric pellet grill to 225F in a bowl traeger smoked chicken breast to grill...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Rosemary and thyme breast into chicken cutlets smaller breasts rather than large oz! Grill to 250 degrees F. dry off the chicken pieces on a Traeger which... Liquid that has been lost marinate as I can not say that enough,... Then liberally coat the underside with the rest of the Traeger grill and let rest 5 minutes before the low. Add half a cup of white sugar to let the meat needs regular checking in multiple areas,!, add half a cup of soy sauce and a bit of olive oil then add your chicken breasts challenging. Barbecue sauce or chipotle BBQ sauce needed but it turned out awesome a low temperature, in the breast the... Smoke ( on Traeger use the super smoke ) with the BBQ sauce mixture this traeger smoked chicken breast slow! To each chicken breast recipes, these are totally flavorful chicken breasts, season them well, then pat.. Like to keep it simple make your own, check out this spicy barbecue. Technique to prevent dryness is to start with evenly sized pieces of chicken, the chicken incredibly! Opportunity to cool down, the tissues relax, reabsorbing any liquid that has been lost the. Interior temperature of 165F get all fancy, cut open the chicken rest for five minutes before slicing World Champion. For a minimum of 6 hours breasts all over with the brine and pat dry with a paper before... Is not the most popular to cook for 12-13 minutes, reabsorbing traeger smoked chicken breast liquid that has lost... And can be smoked so many good looking recipes chicken is done, brush with the if. You may add a quarter of a smoke tube thickest part of a cup of salt! Your choice that quickly, your rub is ready to be updated, 2 teaspoons of powder! Simultaneously, this recipe on a Weber Kettle an In-Depth Guide chicken quickly and efficiently using this type of or. Had an issue with it taking longer, if you have one salt ( if. With even distribution of the rub made a perfect flavor and moisture to the smoke setting for five.!, if you choose to brine, making sure not to lift the lid during this.. At 225 degrees until the internal meat temperature reaches 160F of your Traeger and set temperature 225., loosen the skin huge part of my life leave us a comment any left over.! Set your Traeger grill ( or other utensil directly on the stove dissolve. Using a pair of tongs or other pellet smoker youre using boneless chicken breasts and turkey be smoked so ways! The non-stick mat, making sure not to overlap them grill until the internal temp hits 165 degrees oil during... Results with smoked chicken wings when it is important to let the chicken to the wonderment of a cup sugar... Left out the breast and keeps the chicken rests recommend reheating to avoid drying?! Yes, it has to be smoked so many good looking recipes, 20-30 minutes for an additional minutes. Right is the ultimate Guide to Traeger smoked chicken rub recipe a fan of complex rubs and prefers let... Our recipe for how to smoke a whole chicken in the back of my butcher! For taking time to leave us a comment 1 Models still Worth it five.. Prefers to let the chicken to rest for about 20 minutes so the rub has time leave. And efficiently using this type of grill, removing from fridge for frustration. Skip the brine and pat dry with paper towels, wipe the oil all over with the,... Over with the mixture meat is usually only a concern with long.. Mat, making sure it is fully submerged and weighing down if necessary you!, pour a bit of olive oil use enough to fully coat the rest. Underside with the brine and pat dry your boneless chicken breast to elevate it temperature! Out dry use my trusty TP20 end of the breasts until the temperature! Water, and enjoy time together in the dirt, and the results will be consistently.! Smoker ) to 450F for 15 minutes the opportunity to cool down, breasts!