Would love to mate the 60S with my M-5, and leave the loft at 10.5 degrees. Very different feels, though both are stable in the tip. Clear editor. The EvenFlow Black is very similar but is a little softer feeling in the tip. and the Evo 5 here: https://pluggedingolf.com/fujikura-speeder-evolution-v-shaft-review/. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. In 50-R. When I time it, it's brilliant, but I'm mixed. I found the Ventus to be lower launcing and stiffer feeling. However, the dispersion is so tight, I will probably fix the spin with a higher lofted head rather than abandon this shaft. The Ventus 60 stiff shall provide another lance in my battle against windmills. I did find out through my club fitter that the X shaft is actually a step above stiff . I would give the Hzrdus Smoke Yellow a close look. Rogue ST MaxTC9.2+GP6 / MAVRIK MaxTC14.7@+1+ GP7 /Apex21TC 19.6@+1+HY85/ P790BL21+ LIN Q/ P770+ DG105/ MD5Forged/ Las VegasTCH3|| MadisonTCH1+ CT Tour. good article. Have a Diamana W in my M2 currently, that has been good to me, but would love to try this out. So here goes: Sign up for your driver fitting here! Aside from the blue rdx being counterbalanced, how do they differ in launch, spin and feel, and stiffness to flex? Very interested after reading your reviews. Golf Grips & Golf Shafts: Shop the biggest selection + fast & free shipping on $100+ in stock orders & easy returns! What are your thoughts on this shaft compared to the HZRDUS Smoke Yellow? My friends keep saying.. Wow you are really good with that 3 wood. Great review! The ventus blue 6s would be a better fit for me than the x. I never got lm numbers with the 6x but I know positions off the tee where im normally at and the ventus when off had me 10-15 yards short and when on I hit some bombs with it. I would truely love to play this shaft in my Taylormade M4. The bend is smooth and you can feel that there's more stability than the original shafts. I tried all three, blue felt out of control but results were not as wild. We have also thrown in our Honorable Mentions in both heads and shafts. Dont seem to find it in Sweden no more. The shaft sound like the holy grail. Id love it in 60 gram X-stiff. Same with me in regards to liking blue profiles, I love the tensei blue. Getting that extra juice with the flex and control might be the secret to playing golf decades longer than expected ! This shaft is the clear front runner to go in the bag this year and has given me real hope for turning driving into a strength of my game. Thank you. I struggled quite a bit with swing timing using the Ventus, but if you like that type of shaft it's pretty damn hard to beat right now. I want to put it on my Maverik driver. What weight / stiffness profiles are you looking to compare? Thanks for the chance. If I'm not mistaken. This is a burly shaft that will stand up to very aggressive swings and transitions. Matt, For players that have always loved HZRDUS, the iM10 Low will be an attractive choice. I love my smoke rdx 6.5 and want to know which one to chose from those two? Nickname scratch but with psoriatic arthritis, disc disease , after 4 spine surgeries , 2 fusions, having itchy skin is the closest Ill get to scratch at age 67. I Still have fairly good driver swing speed at 110-111 but really want to try this softer flex with the firm sections to control face and swing path while getting all the fluid power I can out of my body! This is an amazing shaft, but its not going to fit every player, and if it doesnt fit you, you wont see results like mine. Id like a 65 g shaft with a stiff flex. I believe the torque is 5.0. Sounds like just what I need. Ventus 6-S was right for me. The Ventus is like a stiff blue board profile hinging on a whiteboard in spin and feel, and the, I have hit the VA composites Nemesys ( which is counter balanced)in my Mavrik SZ. Could I pick your brain and experience for a moment. That all blue looks sweet. Sounds like a great shaft to put in my new Epic Flash. I started thinking every blueboard profile i have owned has been 75+grams, which i think those heavier weight classes, the handle and even mid gets more stable. Would love a shot at this one in a 60gm. Thanks, never heard the smoke described as brittle but thats actually a reallygood description. Id love to try it in a 60-stiff. I prefer something more stiff in the tip with a smooth profile. B2 VENTUS BLUE 5B1 Diamana PD50 Id love to try a 60 stiff with my Rogue. You can post now and register later. Speaks highly of a tour player that has been loyal switched. Id like to win the model 60 (65 grams) shaft in the R Flex. I really like the Epic lineup this year, but I get frustrated with Callaways minimal stock offerings. Upload or insert images from URL. Matt, Im interested in how you would compare the Ventus to the Speeder Evo II? Ventus has a mid-low launch with low spin. The balance felt incredible and it had an effortless load without losing control. https://trackman.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/115010271208/TrackMan_Driver_Optimization_2010.pdf?mobile_site=true. Testing the latest addition to the Project X HZDRUS line of shafts! I had it cut to 43.75 in. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for New Callaway Driver Shaft - HZRDUS Smoke iM10 50g 5.0 Senior Graphite Shaft A at the best online prices at eBay! Ive heard great things about these shafts. How would you say that the iM10 Mid compares to the Tensei AV Blue in regards to feel/launch and spin? Hybrid: Callaway Apex Pro (20, 23 degrees) Shaft: Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid White 90 TX, Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid White 100 TX. Wonder how its stacks up to my Evo IV or Evo V? This is probably more directed towards driver, but I have the smoke green pvd in my 3W and i find it rather boardy, but it gives me a mid to high, consistent ball flight. Also, do you think the Ventus is a good option for FW woods too or would the low spin make it hard to hold greens? I have hit both in an X/6.5 setup. For shafts, it would be great if you mentioned price. Cool article. Due to cervical neck surgery my slight draw has become a hook. You cannot paste images directly. Sounds like a great shaft. Im not certain if theres a made for version of this shaft or not. You cannot paste images directly. Am 56 now, with 100-103 swing speed. Similar weight and torque. All Rights Reserved. 0. My son has a Callaway Epic Flash driver with a Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff shaft that he can hit pretty decent with. Read Also: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green Vs Black: . In my recollection, the Evo II is a little more active. Matt, Ill have to try this in 60g Stiff if I get chosen, thanks. I am really happy with my TENSEI Orange CK Pro in my TS3 3w. The Calloway Epic Max driver caught my attention. Sounds like a definite winner and what I look for in a shaft. Give me some fairways! The Fujikura Ventus has an all-business look that lets the performance do the talking. The heavier options are available in only Stiff and X. Thanks again for all you are doing!!! I would to win the 50g reg to go in cobra ltd driver. It is great for a low-mid and simple low launch. With the iM10 Mid, the ball launched in a medium window with just enough spin to optimize my carry distance. Had I not read this in a review, from a trusted site and reviewer, I wouldve written it off as nonsense. How would rate it against a ping tour 60s shaft? APPLY NOW: Cleveland Frontline Elite Putters! I have been reluctant to purchase the club online due to my lack of knowledge of these shafts. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Thanks for replying back! I am a buy and sell if it dont work as I dont live within a 300 miles of a good club fitter. Man, I could spend a week hitting balls & trying to figure out my ideal shaft & driver head combo. 60 gram stiff is my preference. Thanks and love the reviews. This sounds like a very interesting new offering from Fujikura. I have tried the Ventus with velocore and its very smooth and I really like the profile. Great review! Wild. It's been pretty consistent across the Nemesys, T1100 in 65 6.5 and 75 6.0, Rogue Silver 110 60x, Hzrdus Yellow and a few others. 7-S would be a great add for me. Dicks is currently offering this driver at a discount. Emailed you for the first time earlier tonight, before reading your phenomenal Ventus review. The HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX is the most active shaft in the HZRDUS family. thx for opportunity! Want to ask if this profile compares at all to the Tour AD DI in the same weight class? Really searching for a solid shaft to improve my game. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. My feel preferences in a shaft tend toward a stable tip with a softer butt and mid. Seems like a great shaft! 2023 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Discussion and Links to Photos, 2023 The Honda Classic - Discussion and Links to photos, 2023 Genesis Invitational - Discussion and Links to photos, 2023 Waste Management Phoenix Open - Discussion and Links to Photos, 2023 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am - Discussion and Links to all photos. Easy to find in a fitting bay as a stock option and would live somewhere between Smoke Green and Ventus Blue. SS is 103. What was the weight of the shaft that you tested? I would use a 60 g with Stiff flex. It's really smooth but I wish I went up in weight. Also, at 104 club head speed, do you tend to favor X-flexes untipped or Stiff flexes tipped? Sounds like a great shaft. I have it on my Mavrik 12 degree driver and Epic Flash 3 wood. Australia half way between Sydney and Melbourne and lockdown with Covid has just made it worse Good article! Im getting older and would Id really like to see if the 50g regular would bring back a little of my game! Very nice review Id love to give the 60 gram stiff a shot !!! The most apparent difference is that the HexTow material used in the Smoke Green makes it slightly lighter while being slightly stiffer. How would you compare this to the HZRDUS Smoke black ? Does that kick affect ball flight or just feel for you? Counterbalanced and the unique flex profile were a bit more than I was willing to figure out. The following two tabs change content below. I have a replacement TM SIM max 2 at 10.5* coming in, but it will be arriving with a Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue in regular flex. The blue series offers a more playable profile than the famous 'HULK' green model, allowi. TheVentus blue isnt really a blue profile in that sense Ive read premium but not for me for sure. My 6.5 if similar in feel to the Ventus blue in stiff but still has a little higher launch. I would say that they both get described in similar ways (by me) but dont quite feel the same. I noticed on TaylorMades website they offer a regular Ventus stock but though custom you can get the one with Velocore. Dude if Dustin switched it must be badass A bit lower trajectory, improved accuracy, and more rollout. FOR NON-URGENT MATTERS, SEND US A MESSAGE: Click on the blue "Support" button at the bottom right corner of the site to send us an e-mail. Matt is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Plugged In Golf. But 1 question, How can a shaft help center contact? Note: as you can see in the picture above the graphic, I tested the iM10 Low in TX which is stiffer than the 6.5 iM10 that I tested. I havent hit the non-VeloCore Ventus, so I cant say anything remotely educated about it. Id love to bag the 6S! This gives fairly new golfers an upper hand in their game, where . My iPad is in my golf duffel in the car. Like New: $296.99 yhk5562780 Customize OR. Very different feels, though both are stable in the tip. Ventus will be smoother for sure. Woz Currently in green 60 6.5 with great results for my fade but finding difficulty getting it to launch high enough. Smoke RDX Red will be the highest launching shaft in the RDX line. flex. I eagerly put it into my driver to find out. Great article. Ventus Blue 7wood shaft, Odyssey Milled Collection #7, Piretti Teramo Putter. Would love to replace my stock shaft in my Ping400, 60 gram Reg. Matt, The one time I wouldnt mind getting the shaft! When the original hzrdus line was designed they . Hey Ken Developed around Fujikura's successful VeloCore Technology, the. Considering a lot of time has passed, materials have evolved quite a bit as well. I could get it to kick even without an aggressive swing, which led to very nice accuracy numbers. Also nice that some of the reviewers have slower swing speeds so we can see what average player distances, dispersion etc. For me, the Ventus is definitely requiring some lofting up because the spin is SO LOW. Would love to know the numbers if you did. I m planning on putting this shaft on my Epic Flash 5 wood and Epic Flash 4 hybrid. Thank You! The Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX comes in the same three weight classes, 60, 70, and 80 grams. Regardless flex 60gr. I've hit them in TX setups. I may need to change heads, too, although my dispersion is good with the TS3. Among the lowest spinning shafts Ive ever hit. 3-wood: Titleist TSR2 (16.5 degrees) Shaft: Aldila Rogue Silver 130 MSI 80 TX. Thanks Jason Warren. As such, it's best suited to players with fast clubhead speeds. Jon. We aim to reply to all messages within 1 regular business day. Sounds like a great shaft. My misses with CB shafts tend to be lower on the face. If you've kept track of Mitsubishi shafts over the years, Kai'li likely sounds familiar. The Ventus logo has a crisp, futuristic look. Please sign in to comment Andrew A Charlotte, NC Either way Hzrdus green will have a firm midsection and Ventus Blue will be mid soft. I average 108ss and would be interested to see if I could get away with a stiff. This is the most exciting review Ive yet read about any shaft, and Id love to have one. But now Im intrigued by it. Last minute replacement or spare clubs/shafts for juniors? I can go for Stiff 60! Most of the shafts achieve counterbalancing by adding material. Looks like I take the punt on 7x red I like the idea of that stiff tip and butt. Ah, my bad! My dispersion was much tighter than normal perhaps the best Ive ever had for a review and two things in particular stood out. TM Stealth2 Plus - 9* head only with headcover, Thinning the herd: DeWiz and Putters (Toulon Portland, Odyssey 5K, Ping Tyne 4, Kevin Burns, Scotty H20). Thanks! Fujikure has been making quality golf shafts for all golfers swings. https://pluggedingolf.com/are-aftermarket-shafts-better-than-stock-shafts-golf-myths-unplugged/. I generally have good strikes with her. Paired with g400 max would be insanely accurate. By I been getting the emails and the reviews and information is much help. Matt lives in the northwest suburbs of Chicago with his wife and two daughters. Great review as always Matt. I would love to try a 60-R and see if it vaults me up to the Champions tourthanks! When @+7 KPTT takes the shaft out of his driver and hands it to you, and it performs great right out of the gate, you know you've found your gamer shaft Driver: ST-Z Lin-Q Gunmetal 6F5 Hybrid: Epic Super Hybrid 2 16* Hybrid: HL C521 3 19* Rogue X-Stiff Irons: PTX Pro DBM 4-PW Custom RECOIL PROTOTYPE 125 F5 The iM10 Low is your classic HZRDUS stout from butt to tip. Watch this video of Fujikuras employees explaining the benefits of Ventus, and youll quickly understand that theyre not holding back with the claims of what this shaft can do. Sounds like a winner to me !! Hello Matt, thanks so much for the review and sorry for the super late question! The stock shaft in the TM drivers does not have Velocore. Bryson DeChambeau dabbled with Smoke briefly during the summer, and Keegan Bradley added the shaft to his 3-wood prior to winning the BMW Championship. perfectly. Comparing the iM10 to the Alta CB, the iM10 will probably feel a little stiffer and lower torque. Epic Max LS 9* Ventus Black 6s / Cobra Radspeed 9* Tensei 1K 6x, What I've observed with Counterbalanced shafts is that for me, they lead me to lean the handle back and add dynamic loft and spin. 70 1 bids | 0d. While the tip and butt are firm, I felt a substantial kick in the midsection . Regular 65 grams. Would love to try the 50 gram regular shaft! They are quite different fundamentally but do share a soft midsection with stiffened ends. In the Ventus, Fujikura gave me more of everything I like. Id love a 70g, x-stiff shaft! Length Standard. The Fujikura Ventus is extremely accurate. I see you played the ventus blue and how would it compare to the red ? Youve got my interested piqued where do you live that youre 300 miles from a fitter? BearHammer, September 18, 2020 in WRX Club Techs. This makes it much easier to control the shaft which leads to better accuracy. I would love to try the Ventus in 6S. It also found favor with boutique club fitters and as an in-line custom option through equipment brands. The Fujikura Ventus is available in 50, 60, 70, and 80 gram weights. Low cuts and mid height cuts. If I go left it is slight left and still in the first cut and not the woods. I love to try a 50 gram regular flex in my driver. Pasted as rich text. Would probably go R2 50 gram, as EI profile seems best for this old timer. They are quite different fundamentally but do share a soft midsection with stiffened ends. By Jalal Uddin. More like high 160s, maybe even low 170s. Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 56, 60, DGS300. NOW AVAILABLE: GolfWRX G/Fore Hats and Holderness & Bourne Polos! Man the tighter dispersion mean less time in the trees and more time in the happy grass. Ventus also weighs less in same weight class as smoke, feels noticeably lighter but still solid. Swing about 112 with a 159 balls speed and 13.4 launch angle. Great article! Free shipping for many products! (Thats why Im a couple years late with my comment.) 0. I love the look of this shaft, its simple. Its a great shaft. At 70 grams, you can get 5.5, 6.0, and 6.5. 60 stiff for me. This review sounds amazing. Experience There is very significant difference between the HZRDUS Smoke Blue and the HZRDUS Black. Your previous content has been restored. Stiff 60 would be most appreciated! Yes, hook me up with a 60 Stiff and lets see if it flies longer than my current toys. I have the opportunity to keep it or the shaft off of my original driver, Fujikura Ventus 6R. I was wondering if you tried the Atmos Blue TS and if yes, how does it compare to the Ventus Blue? The tip section has plenty of stability, but the kick under the grip gave me the feeling that the shaft was doing some of the heavy lifting for me. Great review Matt, sounds like every one should be using this shaft. Matt, Can you comment on the non velocore Ventus at all? At impact, the Ventus feels supremely stable, even on toe or heel shots. Sign up for our weekly newsletter and not only will you get the latest reviews, instruction, and more delivered directly to your inbox, youll also be entered into regular giveaways for golf clubs, PGA Tour passes, and more. Thanks for the contest! Upload or insert images from URL. I would like to try this shaft in a 60 gram regular flex. I am very interested in this shaft. Yeah, Ventus black in stiff flex with no tipping may be a good comparison to the HZDUS Black 6.0. EI Profiles show that the tip of the Ventus is slightly stiffer than the ATMOS Black. Smoke Blue RDX is a counterbalanced design that features a soft midsection to maximize shaft load and feel while maintaining a stout butt and tip section to keep up with all swing speeds and provide a . Given how popular HZRDUS Black has been . As a low spin player, the iM10 Low was actually too low spin and launch and cost me a bit of carry distance, but high spin players may have very different results. I do like the shaft just want to try something different. I build my clubs so swapping out a shaft is no biggie. Should I consider the air speeder. The Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Mid is available at 50, 60, and 70 grams. Who has hit both and can compare? Clinton. Agreed with above poster, as I did not think the black would have been what the fitter recommended for me. slightly but it's essentially a coin flip- it's just impressive however that the two I'd say are neck and neck w/ Ventus blue and black and at half the . Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Would love to win a Ventus in 60gram stiff. 5 Testers Needed! I have not had a chance to review the ATMOS TS, so I cant offer a comparison. I tested both shafts to see what the namesake material could add to the HZRDUS line. Id love to hit it in 60-stiff. Did you try the 6s yet? I currently have the Ping TFC 419 stiff in my Ping G30, which I was fitted for. Ventus Blue Vs Black: Choosing The Right Shaft. Just, unbelievably accurate. Rainy day sale 2 putters Scotty Custom Shop Newport 2, Evnroll Er5 Center shafted. I am not familiar with the Project X HZRDUS IM10 Smoke shafts. Im currently using project x black 6.0 , 75 gram with 2.9 torque on my ping g400 max.I like being able to control the ball flight and with this shaft I can hit high or low depending playing conditions(windy, wet,etc.) Now playing evenflo 50 reg epic flash SZ 10.5. The Speeder was first introduced in 1995. Who doesnt want faster ball speeds and down the middle of the fairway. I found the Ventus to be lower launcing and stiffer feeling. Best Shafts - Mid Launch: Mitsubishi Diamana BF 60, ACCRA TZ 6 65, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black . Additionally, the ball didnt want to bend much in either direction. Great write up. 60g Stiff would be very nice thank you. What had me most excited about the Ventus is the promise of improved dispersion. I had so many pages open on my iPad I must have got confused. Just a PSA, Taylor Made has Ventus Blue and Black as stock options in the SIM line, but they do not have the Velocore layer in it. Buying the right shaft for a golf club is essential as it dictates speed and force between the hand and the club. If you like the hzrdus black feel i would think you could even go up a flex in the ventus if youd like, or heavily tip. nice review, thank you! Pls, can someone explain to me why on the callaway line up they offer the project x smoke im 10 6.0 with a 60 g weight 3.7 torque and the specs of the same shaft in the web of project x is 66 g ? Either way, the black 6x is perfect, love the feel. Youll get out of this shaft what you put into it but no more. Last minute replacement or spare clubs/shafts for juniors? Can one shaft possibly confer all those advantages? Regular, Stiff, and X are the flex options at 60 grams. Fujikura Ventus Blue 7 (Non VeloCore) Graphite Standard Outlet Like New. The Evo II is truly my unicorn shaft and Ive yet to find anything that could top it in my driver (HZRDUS Black, Rogue Silver 110, Tensi CK White, and recently the HZRDUS Smoke Green). Thanks again. November 18, 2021 at 03:44 PM. I am thinking the 70 Stiff would be perfect for me. If you like Ventus Blue but want a little more stability, check out Ventus TR HERE. The Ventus gives an all-business look. I cant really find any info about it on the web. I currently play the Ping G400 10.5 driver with the Alta CB Regular 55 gram shaft (copper color). The feel is unlike any HZRDUS Ive hit, but the tip stability is something all players will appreciate. Theres no reason not to try both. This shaft sounds all the goods, please make mine a 6.0 regular flex. 0. Would like 60X for my Ping G400 Max. (All Butt Cut) and added weight to get it back to D2. Can you compare it to the Project X Even flow Black in stiff , I believe , the Black is a lower launching shaft ,and low spinning , i was asking more about feel ??? This is good to know. Epic Speed 3 Wood, Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5, 80g Mavrik SZ 5 Wood 18*, Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0, 80g X Forged UT 21*, Hzrdus Black Handcrafted 6.0, 85g Apex Pro '21 Irons 4-PW, MMT 105 TX Jaws 50*, 54*, 60* MMT 105 TX Eleven white hot Putter Tour BX ball or Chrome Soft X LS Going to check my rapsodo numbers tomorrow. Despite being members of the same family, the two iM10 shafts are very different when it comes to feel. How do you identify an authentic Ventus shaft. In contrast, the iM10 Mid is an easy-swinging shaft with a surprising amount of action in the top third of the shaft. Display as a link instead, Your previous content has been restored. Thank you for the opportunity to play and review the shaft if I was to be selected This shaft would replace my 757 speeder!! The last expansion of the HZRDUS family was the RDX models [review HERE] which leveraged Hexcels HexTow carbon fiber for more strength and consistency. Would like to try a 50g, Reg flex in my new Epic Flash driver. Broadly speaking, the HZRDUS line is better for more aggressive swingers. I would go with the 50g R2 flex. FOR URGENT MATTERS, TEXT: 1-855-339-3361 (US). Thanks. Great review Matt I would love to give this shaft a try in the 70 stiff model. To me, the kick affects both feel and ball flight. Clear editor. Cobra King F7 14.5 3 Wood Graphite Fujikura Pro 65 Shaft Mens Rh Stiff. Best Shafts - Low Launch: Mitsubishi Diamana DF 60 and 70, Mitsubishi TENSEI White, ACCRA TZ 5 65, OBAN Kiyoshi Black, Project X HZRDUS EvenFLow White T1100, HZRDUS Smoke Green, Fujikura Ventus 6 and 7, LA Golf Black Tie 7, TPT Golf 15 MKP/MT/SW. Upload or insert images from URL. Introduction Project X's HZRDUS line, first introduced in 2015, became an immediate hit on Tour and among gear enthusiasts for its ability to drop spin and stand up to aggressive swings.M5 9.0XHzrdus Smoke Black 60 As usual thanks for the uplifting tech reviews, always helpful. Thanks for the opportunity to win a super shaft!..dc. Expand This is good to know. Thus the Smoke Blue has a smoother feel than the Smoke Black. Among the benefits they list are more centered contact, faster ball speed, and tightened dispersion. APPLY NOW: Cleveland Frontline Elite Putters! As always, its worth noting that Im a low spin player and you should get fit to get the most out of your driver set up. The 60 gram version has the most flexes available 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, and 6.5.