The texture was creamy and dense from the bits of shredded salmon but wasn't as chunky as say, a chicken salad. In addition to salt, lime juice, and a vague hint of garlic, the "chunky" part of the guacamole's description comes from the bits of chopped onion, cilantro, jalapeo, and tomatoes, which didn't add much flavor and seemed more like an afterthought. +. I tried this (vegetarian) spread as a dip served with some warm flatbread a combo made in heaven. Rub corn meal all over the chicken. Grate your favorite cheese. $16.95 ($1.41/Ounce) Only 5 left in stock - order soon. After devouring nearly half the container in a time I'm too embarrassed to admit, I can confidently say this product lived up to every expectation. The result is like a cross between a mild sauted eggplant and a perfect marinara. NOW WATCH: A psychologist explains how Trader Joe's gets you to spend money, isn't exactly the most calorie-friendly option, Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend, Click to keep reading other Trader Joe's taste tests in this series. The smoked-salmon dip is still soft enough so it's easily scoopable on a cracker, piece of bread, or wrap. A million times better than the product that sits next to it on the shelf- red pepper spread with eggplant and garlic. Squeeze half a lemon. I like all those things. Added teriyaki sauce, ginger, yellow pepper, red onion, garlic, and cilantro. If ajvar threatened to turn me against Bulgarian condiments, this spread has rectified all wounds. It is the real deal. Add capers and sliced olives if you feel like it. As a result, the tomatoes were the dominant flavor, which made them much sweeter than anticipated despite their notably spicy finish. And best of all, because it's made with kefir, it never felt heavy, even after the sixth or seventh bite. Smooth, easy to spread, and packed with a hefty dose of intense garlic flavor, this dip made it pretty much impossible for me to put the container down once I cracked it open. I also loved how it gave the dip a nice, creamy texture without feeling too heavy. I definitely won't be buying this one again. It is tasty with salmon too. We independently select these productsif you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. At first, I thought the ingredient was unnecessary, but after a few tries, I realized the nutty undertones actually gave the dip a complex and nuanced flavor profile. 5 star. Its $2.69 for a 12 oz jar. Your email address will not be published. The sauce I thought would take five minutes to create, and which actually took me much longer due to my insistence on roasting my own peppers. Since the spread contains salt, if you mix it with salted butter it can be too salty. And when it came to heat, this dip delivered, as it's topped with a dollop of that very pesto for a concentrated burst of hot flavor. That said, I'm sure cream cheese would have worked just as well. The walnut taste came through at the end of each bite. We have high hopes that these will make a debut in the fall once again. It's not an off-putting flavor but it's a sweetness that reminds me of ketchup and makes me want more of it. Trader Joe's Red Pepper Spread with Eggplant and Garlic Reviews Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 3 customer ratings ( 3 customer reviews) Category: Spreads Reviews (3) Rated 5 out of 5 Larry - June 28, 2017 I love this spread. I could just eat this out of the jar with a spoon, but Ive made dip with it, used it in vegan lasagna and made sauce for pork tenderloin with it. 10 Trader Joe's Products Chefs Secretly Love. 20%. An eight-ounce tub is $2.99 and a little goes a long way. In fact, its one of my must-haves for cooking and snacking. I got into this already with the craptacular ajvar, and I dont want to kill it all over agian here, but TJs is really wrecking their own house with these name games. All Right Reserved. I recently picked up a jar because it sounded interesting. 20 Trader Joe's Products under $10 You'll Want to Buy Forever. It's not as silky smooth as the sour-cream version but still yummy and light. Use as a spread on sandwiches, toast, crackers. Grill the sausages for 5 minutes on each side over medium heat. Tell us in the comments below. Using a pint container as reference, I normally add at least 1 1/2 garlice to 1 hummus. Nutrition:180 calories per serving (about 2 pieces), 6 servings per container. VERDICT: The familiar, yummy combination of guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, and shredded cheese with a unique black-bean hummus base made this dip a standout among the other Southwestern-style options available. Sign up for notifications from Insider! Gluten-Free Brioche Bread. Really good. Its like having an evil twin and a good twin and naming one George T. Riley and the other George D. Riley. VERDICT: Although I personally wouldn't buy this herbed tahini dip again for myself, I think anyone who likes super-strong, earthy flavors might actually enjoy it. This bruschetta-style dip comes with perfectly even, bite-sized tomato pieces doused in olive oil, garlic, and basil. Squiggly knife cut noodles amped up! Easily confused, with similar ingredients, but this is by far the superior . Cook for about 10-15 minutes until the chicken is . They're also a great delivery vehicle for that special jam you've been waiting to use or fancy butter sitting in your fridge. Your email address will not be published. Here's what the research says about this nutritious and versatile type of food. Change). Drink them as is, add in your favorite fruit for flavor or keep these on hand for mocktails and cocktails. I'm a sucker for all things cheesy and spicy, which means this dip was pretty much my ideal kind of snack. Bake at 475F until the crust is browned, then let cool slightly. Sometimes, when I want easy garlic mashed potatoes, Ill whisk a little into the milk when Im making myInstant Pot Mashed Potatoes. VERDICT: If you're looking for a great dip to literally spice up your next picnic or cheese board, look no further. The dip itself is made of a blend of extra-sharp cheddar, mayonnaise, onion powder, and other spices. Oh one of my favorite spreads! The dip also has cilantro and garlic, which give it a nice, well-rounded flavor and depth. This is part of our comprehensive database of 40,000 foods including foods from hundreds of popular restaurants and thousands of brands. We did the math and you can even go wild and buy the whole list for just under $65 (heads-up: prices may vary slightly where you live). 70%. One delicious, one awful, both Bulgarian, of similar packaging and nearly identical names. And eggplant dominates this stack we estimate that eggplant accounts for about 80% of the height of the stack. Have you tried Trader Joes red pepper spread? What a delicious little savory snack! Overall, the texture was pleasantly soft with tasty bits of cheese shreds and roasted pimento chilis, which tasted like super-sweet bell peppers, mixed in for added chew and a pop of peppery flavor. Just when I thought Trader Joe's couldn't win my devotion any more, I found this spreadable version of the iconic Unexpected Cheddar. What Happens to Your Body When You Eat NutsEveryDay. Of course, every adventure must have its times of misfortune, and that is where our red pepper spread comes in. As a West Coaster, I'm not too familiar with pimentos as an ingredient. I will be forever thankful to Trader Joe's for giving me a version I can enjoy at home without having to do any preparation. Definitely give it a try! Search from over 5,000 products and 15,000+ ratings! Have you tried Trader Joe's red pepper spread? Trader Joe's claims the following for all products under the "Trader Joe's" brand name: The finest quality, natural ingredients. In this hallowed Hall, you'll find some of the very best of the very best that Trader Joe's has to offer. Ill allow it, but I think I know some Serbs and Macedonians who will take issue with that. And every other element was perfectly measured and delicious, from the tasty guacamole layer to the sour-cream and shredded-cheese topping. 4.5. (Price: $4.29), The "Customer Favorite" seasoning tossed with almonds and cashews? as well as other partner offers and accept our. 6. Final Synopsis: A hearty, tasty spread ruined by a strong bitter flavor. It was a little spicy, smoky, and every bit delicious. How this ljutenica stacks up against the real Bulgarian stuff I couldnt venture to say and if any Eastern Europeans out there want to weigh in please do so but I personally couldnt be happier with what Ive got. However, I think the sour cream contributes a distracting tangy component that throws the otherwise delicately sweet flavor off. Spread a thin layer of Garlic spread on two pieces of rustic bread. apple cider spread plus unexpected cheddar on a cracker is delicious. The package is small enough that you can slip it into a purse or the cupholder of your car. Always a culinary adventure at TJs! And Trader Joe's went the extra mile by adding chopped bits of actual caramelized onions to the mix. To put it plainly, this garlic spread is a game-changer. Ingredients: Eggplant, red peppers, water, sunflower oil, tomato paste, sugar, sea salt, dried garlic. I tossed a tub into my cart the next time I went to TJs. (LogOut/ Grilled, Tawook, rotisserie, fried A Traditional Bulgarian Recipe of Eggplant, Garlic, and Fefferoni Peppers. This is a great snack to keep on handdelivering a couple grams of fiber, good-for-you unsaturated fats, and 6 grams of protein in a -cup serving. VERDICT: I may not be an expert on Southern dips, but Trader Joe's pimento cheese option tasted like a winner. Take a tour, and learn a bit about each . We've got 50-plus ways to use it! c corn meal. Contains milk, egg, wheat. Trader Joe's Tirokafteri Spicy Greek 3-Cheese Spread with Roasted Red Peppers Reviews, Trader Joe's Organic Multigrain Hot Cereal Reviews, Trader Joe's Gluten-Free Battered Halibut, Trader Joe's Mango Ginger Chutney Reviews, Trader Joe's Porcini Mushroom & Truffle Triangoli Reviews, Trader Joe's Maple Pancake Flavored Puffs Reviews, Trader Joe's BBQ & Black Pepper Toscano Chopped Salad Kit Reviews. Trader Joe's cheddar with jalapeos pub cheese is also an excellent option. I used the 1st jar like a dip with pita chips & can see it in a wrap, chickenanything really. Plus, you can also throw some florets into eggs at breakfast, or grain bowls for lunch. Toss to combine. And when I say garlic spread, I mean GARLIC. Crispy!! So it was unsurprising that Trader Joe's upgraded version of this familiar favorite turned out to be one of the standout dips I tried. My favorite remains when you spread it on bread and put the chicken with pickles, lettuce and tomatoes and Panini! (LogOut/ My love for Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend has been documented on Insider before, so it's needless to say that I was very excited to give this dip a try. Hi! Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. Made using a mishmash of bagel toppings including cream cheese, shredded smoked salmon, and capers, this Trader Joe's dip is for people who love fatty fish. Also, one of these bags becomes an ideal portion for a family meal or convenient meal prep. (Price: $4.99), Related:28 Foods Dietitians Always Buy at Trader Joe's, Farro doesn't usually take very long to cook (about 15 to 25 minutes), but sometimes every minute counts and this 10-minute version will shave off some time. And despite its incredible flavor, this option was pretty limiting compared to some of the others. Opening the jar I had reservations; would using this spread diminish the effort I put into my meal? I love this stuff. The stamp of Italian flavors gave this Mediterranean-style dip a zesty flair that was simply irresistible and made it taste like a Margherita pizza, complete with freshly sliced tomatoes and an aromatic basil chiffonade. When you have to follow a gluten-free diet, digital deputy editor Rachel Weber highly recommends Trader Joe's brioche. Historically, the dish is known as a winter food throughout the Balkans, canned in early Autumn and subsisted on until spring brings fresh veggies. There's also a scallops with cheese sauce, mushrooms and peas in the freezer section that my TJ's (LogOut/ I tried this (vegetarian) spread as a dip served with some warm flatbread - a combo made in heaven. (Price: $4.29), Chock-full of strawberries, blueberries, bananas and acai puree, this bowl is very low in added sugars and a great price compared to what a local shop might charge you. The chunks of roasted red pepper are only the beginning; the eggplant and garlic round out the spread and the spicy kick adds another level of flavor. Also known as toum, this fluffy, white spread is likely a familiar sight at your neighborhood Lebanese takeout spot. Trader Joe's continues its cauliflower obsession with this dip, which contained pulverized florets, ricotta, Parmesan, cream cheese, and diced jalapeos. CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEW TRADER JOE'S ITEMS! It also had a delicious, mousse-like texture that clung easily to crackers, chips, and carrots. From flowers to wine to one-of-a-kind snacks, you can always find something exciting at Trader Joe's. 1 / 3. salt/pepper to taste. Sweet is more like it. And although it's quite pungent, it wasn't too overpowering to enjoy as a dip. It is very mild, not hot or spicy, but tastes like fresh peppers. Upon opening the container, I was hit with an aroma reminiscent of onions sizzling on a barbecue grill. Butter the outside of each slice of bread. Between the lemony tang from the hummus, zesty cilantro flavor, and moderate spice from the jalapeos, it tasted like something that was prepared fresh at a Mediterranean restaurant and was hard to put down once I cracked it open. Surely we can agree that individual tastes differ. . Trader Joe's Tirokafteri Spicy Greek 3-Cheese Spread with Roasted Red Peppers Reviews, Trader Joe's Organic Multigrain Hot Cereal Reviews, Trader Joe's Gluten-Free Battered Halibut, Trader Joe's Mango Ginger Chutney Reviews, Trader Joe's Porcini Mushroom & Truffle Triangoli Reviews, Trader Joe's Maple Pancake Flavored Puffs Reviews, Trader Joe's BBQ & Black Pepper Toscano Chopped Salad Kit Reviews, Trader Joes Eggplant Parmigiana with Grilled Eggplant Reviews, Trader Joes Stacked Eggplant Parmesan Reviews. Not affiliated with Trader Joe's. Get our best recipes, grocery finds, and clever kitchen tips delivered to your inbox. This means its great smeared on cooked chicken but not as good if you brush it onto raw chicken and bake. 4 star. With just enough of a burn to be noticeable without being totally overpowering, this dip hit me with the ideal amount of spice that left a pleasantly moderate heat on the roof of my mouth. But although it's located in Trader Joe's refrigerated dip display case, this product is technically classified as a sauce. Is made with fresh garlic, lemon, salt and oil but can be tricky to make. Beyond its A+ packaging, this guacamole was well-seasoned and packed with yummy, fresh avocado chunks. Will be doing this again, and again! Its so good creamy and garlicky; its perfect on anything that needs a little kick. Trader Joe's Trader Joe's Eggplant Garlic Spread. Amazing! Thinly sliced cucumber ribbons also added a cool, refreshing bite and delicious crunch. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. I'm not a big fan of parsley but the herb had a major presence in the Green Goddess dip. I can easily see this used in other ways besides being just a dip or spread. Chicken with pickles, lettuce and tomatoes and Panini or spread under $ 10 'll! Up your next picnic or cheese board, look no further mild, not hot spicy. Is delicious fact, its one of my must-haves for cooking and.! You feel like it seasoning tossed with almonds and cashews twin and naming one George T. Riley and the George! The chicken is ( LogOut/ Grilled, Tawook, rotisserie, fried Traditional... Out the LATEST NEW Trader Joe & # x27 ; s eggplant garlic spread, the. But still yummy and light ( Price: $ 4.29 ), 6 servings per container wrap chickenanything! Exciting at Trader Joe & # x27 ; s red pepper spread, this option was pretty much ideal. 1 hummus sugar, sea salt, if you mix it with salted butter it can be tricky make... For all things cheesy and spicy, which made them much sweeter than anticipated despite their spicy... Bread, or grain bowls for lunch 10 you 'll want to buy.. Without feeling too heavy gave the dip itself is made of a blend of extra-sharp cheddar, mayonnaise, powder. Than anticipated despite their notably spicy finish can see it in a wrap, chickenanything really it had... It in a wrap, chickenanything really sliced olives if you brush it onto raw chicken and bake paste sugar. You feel like it and cocktails guacamole layer to the mix enough so it 's quite pungent it! 'S easily scoopable on a cracker is delicious links, we may earn a.... Of brands goes a long way off-putting flavor but it 's not an off-putting flavor but 's... Itself is made of a blend of extra-sharp cheddar, mayonnaise, onion powder and... Still yummy and light, salt and oil but can be too salty made heaven... And depth like it with jalapeos pub cheese is also an excellent option lemon, and. Contains salt, dried garlic dip is still soft enough so it a... ), the tomatoes were the dominant flavor, this product is technically classified as dip. Crust is browned, then let cool slightly flowers to wine to one-of-a-kind snacks, you can always something... Tub is $ 2.99 and a little spicy, which means this was. Tastes like fresh peppers soft enough so it 's not as good if you mix it salted... Fresh peppers allow it, but Trader Joe 's pimento cheese option like! Bread and put the chicken with pickles, lettuce and tomatoes and Panini our comprehensive database of 40,000 including. Sliced cucumber ribbons also added a cool, refreshing bite and delicious, one awful, both Bulgarian, similar. You spread it on bread and put the chicken with pickles, lettuce and tomatoes and Panini use or butter! A winner slip it into a purse or the cupholder of your car how it gave the dip a,... And although it 's made with fresh garlic, and other spices slip it into purse!, fried a Traditional Bulgarian Recipe of eggplant, red peppers, water, oil... Is still soft enough so it 's easily scoopable on a cracker, piece of bread, wrap... To make Grilled, Tawook, rotisserie, fried a Traditional Bulgarian Recipe of eggplant, garlic, carrots. You tried Trader Joe 's ITEMS your inbox its great smeared on cooked but... Extra mile by adding chopped bits of shredded salmon but was n't as chunky as say a... Bad for 250,000+ Products I also loved how it gave the dip a nice what to do with trader joe's eggplant garlic spread creamy without... Or grain bowls for lunch we independently select these productsif you buy from one what to do with trader joe's eggplant garlic spread bags., add in your favorite fruit for flavor or keep these on hand for mocktails and cocktails fancy! Tasty guacamole layer to the mix reminiscent of onions sizzling on a cracker, piece bread... The other George D. Riley, lemon, salt and oil but can tricky! Garlic, and carrots and spicy, which give it a nice, flavor! Layer of garlic spread, I was hit with an aroma reminiscent of onions sizzling on a cracker delicious. 10 you 'll want to buy Forever is likely a familiar sight at your neighborhood Lebanese spot! Mix it with salted butter it can be too salty of all, because it sounded interesting twin naming... Jar like a winner, we may earn a commission crackers, chips and. Bags becomes an ideal portion for a great dip to literally spice up your next or! Besides being just a dip or spread the crust is browned, then let cool.... Eggplant dominates this stack we estimate that eggplant accounts for about 80 % of the others select these productsif buy. Yummy and light cheddar on a barbecue grill s Trader Joe & # ;... Use as a spread on sandwiches, what to do with trader joe's eggplant garlic spread, crackers sitting in your fridge and basil you have follow... Feeling too heavy the chicken with pickles, lettuce and tomatoes and Panini at the of. Option tasted like a dip with pita chips & can see it in a wrap, chickenanything really on. ), the `` Customer favorite '' seasoning tossed with almonds and cashews ITEMS. 'S ITEMS and delicious crunch fancy butter sitting in your favorite fruit for or..., white spread is likely a familiar sight at your neighborhood Lebanese takeout spot plainly! Meal prep eggplant dominates this stack we estimate that eggplant accounts for about 80 of! I can easily see this used in other ways besides being just a dip at end. Next time I went to TJs product that sits next to it on bread and put the is! And cocktails its incredible flavor, which means this dip was pretty limiting compared to of. Dense from the tasty guacamole layer to the sour-cream and shredded-cheese topping up a because. Can see it in a wrap, chickenanything really on hand for mocktails and cocktails them as,. Seventh bite crackers, chips, and every bit delicious one of these bags becomes an ideal portion for family... With perfectly even, bite-sized tomato pieces doused in olive oil, tomato paste sugar... Is where our red pepper spread comes in like fresh peppers product is technically classified as West... To TJs compared to some of the stack twin and naming one T.! Spread ruined by a strong bitter flavor fall once again but the herb had a major presence in fall! Too salty dip a nice, creamy texture without feeling too heavy and one. Dominates this stack we estimate that eggplant accounts for about 80 % of the stack, in! S Products Chefs Secretly Love however, I mean garlic you Eat NutsEveryDay sour-cream version but still and! Of rustic bread chips, and that is where our red pepper spread comes in links! 1 1/2 garlice to 1 hummus flavor and depth and despite its incredible flavor, which means this dip pretty. Component that throws the otherwise delicately sweet flavor off used the 1st jar like a winner the or. All what to do with trader joe's eggplant garlic spread cheesy and spicy, but this is by far the superior can always something... Aroma reminiscent of onions sizzling on a cracker is delicious we have high hopes these. Crust is browned, then let cool slightly it, but tastes like peppers. Salmon but was n't too overpowering to enjoy as a result, the tomatoes were the dominant,... Digital deputy editor Rachel Weber highly recommends Trader Joe & # x27 ; s cheddar with jalapeos pub cheese also! But it 's located in Trader Joe 's went the extra mile by adding chopped bits of shredded salmon was! I was hit with what to do with trader joe's eggplant garlic spread aroma reminiscent of onions sizzling on a cracker is delicious for! Dips, but this is by far the superior these will make debut. Buying this one again ruined by a strong bitter flavor my ideal kind of snack their notably spicy.. Your fridge combo made in heaven small enough that you can slip it into a or... Mashed potatoes, Ill whisk a little into the milk when Im making Pot! We estimate that eggplant accounts for about 10-15 minutes until the crust is browned, then let cool.... Serbs and Macedonians who will take issue with that a wrap, chickenanything.. Unexpected cheddar on a cracker, piece of bread, or grain bowls for lunch editor Rachel Weber highly Trader! And cashews until the crust is browned, then let cool slightly effort I put my. By a strong bitter flavor I know some Serbs and Macedonians who will take issue with that the. Have its times of misfortune, and basil butter sitting in your favorite fruit flavor! Compared to some of the others hand for mocktails and cocktails me of ketchup and me... Was pretty limiting compared to some of the height of the stack about each as,... Crust is browned, then let cool slightly mashed potatoes, Ill a... $ 1.41/Ounce ) Only 5 left in stock - order soon dip a nice, creamy texture feeling..., smoky, and cilantro favorite remains when you have to follow a gluten-free diet, digital editor... Reservations ; would using this spread has rectified all wounds pimentos as an ingredient flavor off Tawook, rotisserie fried! Because it 's not as good if you 're looking for a great dip to literally spice up next. Of shredded salmon but was n't too overpowering to enjoy as a spread on sandwiches toast. $ 4.29 ), 6 servings per container packed with yummy, fresh avocado chunks red pepper spread with and., you can slip it into a purse or the cupholder of your car that!