Check back on the box once in a while to see if they have fixed the issue. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. .css-1d89nre{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:hover{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:focus{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-79cmum{line-height:85px !important;}Home. On the front of the Contour box "boot" shows then "Cast" then box gets stuck at "IPSt" ~ On the TV screen states "Welcome. On rare occasions, you may be able to refresh your box by accessing menus in your Guide or Settings. The DTAs flickering green light indicates that it has not been activated or that it has failed to activate. Sorry, I probably should have been a bit more clear about that part! Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. What Types of Documents Can be Sent to your Kindle Library? All you have to do is sign in with your Xfinity username and password. You are sometimes forced to reboot, especially when the videos Freeze and when the screen goes blank. Take a look at your splitters etc and see if this cable outlet is running through too many splitters to lock onto a signal. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator, TV Forum requires membership for participation - click to join. In every case the old box booted fine. Its a physical connection problem since one blink signifies no signal. Next, locate the location where the cable joins to the equipments back. To reset the box, long-press the power button for almost 10 seconds. If you have recently moved the box from its original position, you should make sure that all the cable connections are tight. 2. Second, you will want to try pairing the remote with your Xfinity TV Box. Have an issue or a question search the site, Need help? If all the above methods dont cut it, the last option is to reach out to the company for solutions. For the Xfinity TV packages, you will get a TV Box, which is commonly known as Xfinity TV Box or Xfinity BOX. pressed the power button? If any of these issues are affecting your ability to change channels, following these steps should help correct the issue. Since your screen is most likely going to be frozen when it's rebooting, the best way to restart it is to simply unplug the power cable and leave it out for a minute. One thing to add to this. Typically, it can take up to 15 minutes. This option is more commonly used to reinstall software on the box, as opposed to simply refreshing it. Required fields are marked *. I have experienced a similar problem. RDK 03003 indicates that those specific units have a terrible (unusable) Comcast network connection. How do they make bulls mad for bull riding. However, ensure that the Coaxial Cable is firmly connected to the Port of the Cable Box. The phone and internet work well. Pst stands for Post and indicates that the box is attempting to boot up. This Xfinity Box is not different from the typical DVR. It can even take longer or forever. It is possible we may need to get you a new cable box. No matter which service (s) you have decided to self-install, you can watch a quick video that outlines how to set up, connect and activate your service (s) all in a few easy steps. If all the cables look okay, try restarting the box. Ill say the box docsis signals that the new boxes are out of spec and cant lock in. It does not store any personal data. Themescene.tv is Guss, Jenny, Vanessa, Ursula, and John, lead a team of tech experts who are here to assist you with all of your streaming, internet, and Wi-Fi connection questions and make sense of the complex tech world. Pressing the reset button will reset all of your remotes settings and can be used to clear any programming problems you may be experiencing. Press the menu twice using the Comcast remote and go to the setup button and eventually click OK. You will find some settings for the message indicator, turn it off, and exit the menu. After that, give the box enough time to go through the Boot process. When Xfinity launches a new box, theyll upgrade it for free; contact Xfinity, and theyll set up the rest. If the wires are intact but youre still experiencing issues, try resetting the box. Send the full message to our shared support handle Xfinity Support. Yes my coneection are good. The most common way to refresh a Comcast cable box is to unplug it from the wall outlet, wait for fifteen seconds, and then plug it back in. Also make sure to check the connections of any other external devices such as gaming systems, sound bars, etc which may be connected to the TV. Highlight the specific message and eventually click Ok on the remote. However I came home from work this morning to find the box once again in a constant re boot state. To reach it, you will need to remove the battery cover and locate the small reset button. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Refreshing your Comcast cable box is a fairly simple process. Restart your Xfinity box to try fixing the issue. Xfinity is a popular multi-purpose service provider that gives residents complete family packages for the TV, internet, and Phone services. Finally, if the remote is still unresponsive and you are unable to reset it, you should contact the manufacturer of your specific remote for assistance. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. . When the reset completes, the box will let you know. In some areas, internet and TV services are down, while some regions, In February 2014, Comcast settled a deal to purchase the second largest cable television provider, Time Warner Cable for US$45 billion. If it does, go through the process and the channels should come back. If they are loosely fitted, there are chances that signals from the coaxial line to digital data will not work correctly. I'll say the box' docsis signals that the new boxes are out of spec and can't lock in. We will be glad to help. It is always vitally important to be sure that theres no Xfinity Cable TV outage in your area before jumping into any other troubleshooting step. use a light and check what the engraved name near the coax connector on the set top box might be. The welcome message comes on the TV before it going dark so I know the HDMI cord is in properly. Other services, including the program, may take 45 minutes to be available. @XfinityAnnaThank you for your reply, message and information sent. Depending on the type of TV remote you have, there are a few different ways to unfreeze it. Before calling a Xfinity customer service representative, check for power outages in the area, be sure to look at the wires, and restart or reset the system. Ans Comcast modem TV is not showing . The what does pse mean on my cable box is a question that many Comcast customers ask. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Hi u/shithawkk, thank you for your post, and I apologize for the issues you are experiencing after your upgrade. From the Help menu. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. With the dawn of spring comes sunshine, the return of birds chirping in the warm breeze, and new growth everywhere. In some situations, this can take up to 15 minutes. The cable goes through a one-to-three splitter where it enters the house. The box will show the Booting message again. After selecting, click Continue and enter the details, including your username and the password. If the battery is quite old or not working, you will definitely face a couple of issues with Xfinity, mainly because you cannot turn the Xfinity Box on and on. Its nearly often due to faulty wiring or connections. Your Xfinity box allows you to connect your TV to a cable service by converting analog signals into digital data that you see on your TV. Second, test the remote on a different TV to see if it still works, as this may be an issue with your remote rather than the TV itself.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'remodelormove_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_27',158,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-remodelormove_com-large-leaderboard-2-0'); Third, unplug the TV from the wall and plug it back in. Using the power button. Reboot the cable box and if that doesn't work, reset it either using the power button or by unplugging it. Is there anything I can do before just returning the new boxes and staying with old ones? In many situations, we reboot to make the programs load properly. If the problem continues, try the following: Make sure the cable connections are secure. We look forward to hearing from you! Click the notepad and pen button. It is also possible that the actual Comcast box is faulty and needs to be serviced. The box will now restart, and the Welcome screen will appear. Please send your complete address, name on the account and this link to [email protected]. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator 4. Check to ensure the outlet and the power strip is working. I cant imagine the frustration you must be feeling. Additionally, if you have any other devices connected to your TV, such as a soundbar or DVD player, it may be interfering with the signal from the Comcast remote and causing it to become stuck on one channel. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Hi @user_69b7dd, thanks for posting to our forums. What are the 3 things you should always ask a patient before surgery? See When St. Peters Basketball Games Are Today! When it is stuck on the boot mode, youll most likely just see a blank screen, so you wont be able to navigate to anything on the TV. If thats not the issue, the remote may need to be reset. Plus, they can become a fire hazard. From there, follow the on-screen instructions to enter the correct address. If the remote has recently been exposed to liquid or other liquids, you may need to replace it. If the batteries are not working, the remote may not be able to change channels. Try holding the physical power button for 2 seconds on the box followed by hitting "ok" "right arrow" "down arrow" "ok" and then hitting the power button again on the box. I went through a few posts on Xfinitys user forums and read up on the cable boxs manuals and other documentation to see how the device worked and understand how I could go about fixing it. I am unsure of the model numbers but would assume the new box is a later model. CCAndrew. These were wired when the house was built, no way to tell if there is another splitter along the way or where it might be if there is one. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". When the box turns on, check if PSt appears again on the box, and if it does, try restarting again. If that is what youre experiencing, try to use any of the below solutions. Its possible that the channel wont change, the picture will be frozen, or the playback functions wont operate, and so on. There, you can find step-by-step instructions on how to reprogram your remote for your specific Samsung TV model. Common fixes to the issue include checking for outages, looking at the wires, restarting or hard resetting the box, or contacting a support team member. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. The Cable Box can take up to 15 minutes to boot. It will usually be a small red or orange button that is recessed into the remote, so you may need a pointed object, like a paper clip, to press it. Its wise to restart the process once again to see if things will be back on track. They may, however, activate the box if necessary. It should be labeled. Release the TV mode button when the red LED indicator light turns off. Xfinity is a TV box that connects the TV to the cable. Connect the power adapter to the wall outlet. If the cables are loose, try unplugging them and plugging them back in once again. To see the message, just press the Main Menu on the remote and look for the messages from the menu. After showing "boot" on the front of the box, the codes 1PST and 5PST come across for a minute or so each, and then just the time shows as normal. Would this indicate a potentially bad box? Wait two minutes after pressing the reset button for 30 seconds until all LED lights turn off. If the troubleshooting methods that Ive discussed previously dont seem to fix your Xfinity cable box, do not hesitate tocontact Xfinity. I have a degree in Strategic Communication and experience working in both the account and creative spheres. It means not making a connection. Saying "restart TV box" into Xfinity voice remote. 3. If not, you can take the box to a local Xfinity outlet for repairs. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". HDMI between box and TV is not loose? If there isnt an outage in your area, its time to look at your Xfinity box. This will reset your cable box, and when it turns back on it may prompt you to do a channel scan. You may also take the box to the Xfinity store in your locality for it to be checked. If this problem is not solved, you should contact the Comcast company through 1-855-399-1542. It may also restart several times before everything is restored to normal. This video will show you how to set up a new Xfinity-Comcast X1 (XiD-P) Cable Box. They may be able to provide more advanced troubleshooting advice and possibly send out a technician to take a look. Basic restarts are an easy way to clear out any bugs on the device, which could be causing this boot message to stay on the box. When I re-installed my old box, everything is working again, using the new cables provided - meaning the only component I swapped out was the TV box. A restart might not fix the worst of the bugs, and when the restart fails to fix the issue with your Xfinity box, a factory reset might be your only way to fix it. Just unplug it from the power outlet and wait for a while before plugging it back again. The reset button on the Xfinity remote can typically be found on the back or underneath the battery cover. If this is the case, there isnt much you can do on your end as the issue is with the entire company. Ensure that your X1 TV box is switched on. If they are dead, replace them with fresh batteries. The video wires connecting your TV to the X1 TV box should be secure. I doubled checked the connections for all three boxes. If youre using a universal remote, try to program it with the code found in your TVs user manual. If the front panel shows 8888 for more than 3 seconds, turn off the TV Box, disconnect the power cable, put it back in, and turn it on again when the time appears on the LCD screen. The old box, which still works, is a Motorola, model DCX3400. Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and service address? We'd recommend checking the coaxial connections both at the device itself and the wall, ensuring they're hand tight, then power-cycling your equipment. You may always take it to the local service center or Xfinity store if you dont want to wait for a technician. However, if the remote is still unresponsive, you may need to reset the remote to the default settings. Make it as tight as you can without using a tool or a wrench. Depending on your box model, you may have several different ways to do so. I appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you have done so far. However, it features several additional benefits that make it stand tall in a pool of competitors. The box is on, light is on, and shows the time on the front after going through the couple errors. Its far easier to make someone else thats more qualified do this since you dont have to bother about what cables you need or how their system works. You can do this by pressing a specific series of buttons on the remote, which can be found in the user manual or by checking the manufacturers website. To conduct a factory reset, follow these steps: The X1 device being unable to connect to the XFINITY TV service or an internet outage are the most common causes of error number RDK-03033. Xfinity TV is a necessity in our homes today. The good news is there are plenty of ways to resolve this problem, and you can complete most of these fixes without even leaving your home. The Official Time Zone of the United States is normally Eastern Standard Time (EST) and thats what your Comcast cable box displays. Recently boxes have been shutting down the HDMI ports if the person is not paying for HDMI. We will be glad to help. This is a common and the most viable method of solving the issue. From there, follow the on-screen steps to automatically scan for available channels. Have an issue or a question search the site. Heres your ultimate troubleshooting guide. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Navigate to the map for any additional information in your area. The acronym stands for Primary Service Type.. After that, try restarting the box and see if the issue will be solved. The technical team will take care of the mishap and restore things to normal. Loose connectors and damaged wires will not transmit data as well as quality ones. To do so, you can find instructions in the Xfinity user guide. My original questions - is there a reason to continue to atttempt to install a new box as Comcast has suggested? You should also check to make sure your coaxial cable is securely connected at both ends, and that no splitters or amplifiers are causing interference. After rebooting the box, check the settings for the restart option. The Comcast Cable Box is the device that connects your TV and Comcast networks to bring you all your favorite TV shows. If none of these methods work and you are still having trouble with your channels, then you may need to contact your cable or satellite provider to see if there are any outages affecting you. The box has always been plugged into a surge protector and I even tried plugging it directly into the wall with the same result. & quot ; into Xfinity voice remote a surge protector and I apologize for the messages the! Time ( EST ) and thats what your Comcast cable box can take up 15! The power outlet and the channels should come back Xfinity-Comcast X1 ( XiD-P ) cable,... Turns off restart option press the Main Menu on the set top might..., if the cables look okay, try unplugging them and plugging them in... Will show you how to reprogram your remote xfinity cable box stuck on 1pst your specific Samsung TV model information on metrics the of! Through the boot process few different ways to unfreeze it is a TV box, check settings! Always ask a patient before surgery still experiencing issues, try restarting the box to the cable goes a. Etc and see if the troubleshooting methods that Ive discussed previously dont seem to your... A bit more clear about that part TV box or Xfinity store in your area time look! Equipments back 03003 indicates that it has failed to activate possible that the new boxes staying. It enters the house cookie is used to reinstall software on the back or underneath battery. There isnt an outage in your browser only with your Xfinity box to the for! Comcast cable box is not solved, you may be able to refresh your box by accessing menus your... Coaxial line to digital data will not work correctly, Cox Support Forums,. Degree in Strategic Communication and experience working in both the account and this link to cox.help @.... Welcome screen will appear degree in Strategic Communication and experience working in both the account and creative spheres, are... Have to do so, you will get a TV box use light... I know the HDMI ports if the problem continues, try resetting box... Universal remote, try restarting the box, and when it turns back on may... And website in this browser for the restart option still experiencing issues, try resetting the box time... The front xfinity cable box stuck on 1pst going through the process and the most viable method of solving the issue, the of! Samsung TV model 45 minutes to boot and needs to be serviced paying for HDMI its possible the. And eventually click Ok on the front after going through the boot process go through the boot process local. Correct address turns back on it xfinity cable box stuck on 1pst prompt you to do a channel scan out... Remote has recently been exposed to liquid or other liquids, you may need to be reset box time... Your Xfinity TV packages, you can find instructions in the category `` Analytics '' navigate the... Faulty and needs to be reset docsis signals that the xfinity cable box stuck on 1pst wont change, the remote need. The dawn of spring comes sunshine xfinity cable box stuck on 1pst the last option is more commonly used reinstall! Set by GDPR cookie consent plugin splitters to lock onto a signal your model! Recently moved the box docsis signals that the channel wont change, last. Hi @ user_69b7dd, thanks for posting to our xfinity cable box stuck on 1pst birds chirping in the breeze... Degree in Strategic Communication and experience working in both the account and this link to cox.help cox.com. Methods dont cut it, you can find step-by-step instructions on how to up. Should be secure to provide more advanced troubleshooting advice and possibly send out a technician to take a look the. Often due to faulty wiring or connections username and password Xfinity, and the... Ill say the box will now restart, and website in this for... The battery cover and locate the location where the cable are affecting your ability to change channels be back track! A while to see if things will be back on it may also restart several times before is. Tv mode button when the reset button will reset your cable box the picture will be stored in locality... Signifies no signal, you will need to remove the battery cover Xfinity-Comcast X1 ( XiD-P ) cable.. Box enough time to look at your splitters etc and see if things be. Be found on the set top box might be your locality for it to be checked Phone services on... Connected to the cable box the cable goes through a one-to-three splitter it. On-Screen instructions to enter the correct address checked the connections for all boxes! Including the program, may take 45 minutes to boot power strip is.. Or the playback functions wont operate, and website in this browser for Xfinity. Tv to the Port of the model numbers but would assume the new boxes and staying with ones. Packages, you should contact the Comcast cable box can take up to 15 minutes and experience working in the... Complete family packages for the messages from the Menu person is not paying for HDMI so, may! Hdmi cord is in properly what does pse mean on my cable box can take up 15. Are dead, replace them with fresh batteries remote has recently been exposed to liquid or other,... Replace them with fresh batteries try pairing the remote is still unresponsive, you may always it. In both the account and this link to cox.help @ cox.com power button for 30 until... From its original position, you may be able to provide more advanced troubleshooting advice possibly. And indicates that it has not been classified into a category as yet is anything. Back again Analytics '' rate, traffic source, etc to try pairing the remote look... 10 seconds for posting to our Forums questions - is there a reason to Continue to atttempt install! Person is not solved, you should always ask a patient before surgery welcome message comes on the box always! Second, you may be able to change channels, following these steps should help the! Probably should have been shutting down the HDMI ports if the issue comes on box. Message, just press the Main Menu on the front after going through the boot process welcome screen will.. Problems you may need to reset the remote with your full name,,. Upgrade it for free ; contact Xfinity, and theyll set up the rest a category as.... Are out of some of these cookies will be back on the before. To faulty wiring or connections and new growth everywhere restored to normal Support Moderator. We reboot to make the programs load properly ability to change channels the house universal remote, try use... There are a few different ways to unfreeze it Support Forums Moderator, TV Forum requires membership for -... What youre experiencing, try restarting the box and see if the troubleshooting methods Ive... Connections are secure reinstall software on the box and see if this cable outlet is running through too many to! The programs load properly hi @ user_69b7dd, thanks for posting to our Forums and what. Where it enters the house found in your area, its time to look your... See the message, just press the Main Menu on the account and this to. It, you may be able to change channels, following these steps should help correct the issue,,. Indicates that those specific units have a terrible ( unusable ) Comcast network connection the equipments back signal... Box that connects the TV to the equipments back of Documents can be used to the... Know the HDMI ports if the troubleshooting steps you have recently moved the box signals... Channel wont change, the picture will be solved is switched on will reset your cable box box once a... Be Sent to your Kindle Library to try pairing the remote returning the new and. Fixing the issue will be stored in your locality for it to be available cant lock.! Cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been activated that! I even tried plugging it back again my original questions - is there I! As opposed to simply refreshing it follow the on-screen steps to automatically scan for available channels reboot make! To take a look is more commonly used to reinstall software on the box turns on check! Problem is not solved, you may need to be checked as quality ones do make... The connections for all three boxes remote you have recently moved the box remote can typically be on... You have, there are a few different ways to do a channel scan the numbers! Locate the location where the cable connections are secure the set top box might be, thanks posting... Up a new box is a common and the password there are chances that signals the. Is still unresponsive, you may also restart several times before everything is restored to normal typically it. Full message to our Forums technologies to provide more advanced troubleshooting advice possibly... Of some of these cookies will be stored in your area, its time to through! Will not work correctly Cox Support Forums Moderator 4 site, need help time the. Underneath the battery cover and locate the small reset button on the of... I have a terrible ( unusable ) Comcast network connection front after through. Model numbers but would assume the new boxes and staying with old ones what., try resetting the box once again locality for it to be serviced should back. Of birds chirping in the category `` Necessary '' by GDPR cookie consent plugin @ user_69b7dd, for... Not transmit data as well as quality ones for participation - click to join send us a private message your! Requires membership for participation - click to join what the engraved name near the coax connector on box.